Squats and Big Booties; redux

Options

Replies

• tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185
    Options
    Awesome donk OP - and Otter - - WOW! That is fantasstic.
    Too many awesome shots in this thread; lorina, zoe, runzalot

. . . squats work for fellas too.
    5ab9d224-e853-4827-b712-f44c14f02bd6_zps364f13e3.jpg

Well dayum. Hi :embarassed: :love:
  • Jameson1984
    Jameson1984 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    In for the squats! Can hardly wait to see my progress!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I see very little improvement and others probably see none. I ain't givin' up, though!

You'd be wrong there, I see A LOT of improvement!! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    In for the squats! Can hardly wait to see my progress!

And when you see that progress you can come back and share!
  • bokchoybaby
    bokchoybaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started seeing some improvement when I was lifting moderately heavy weights. I wanted to lift heavy but was stuck at home from January until May with nothing more than adjustable dumbbells that I grew out of a little sooner than I thought I would. I maxed out at 50 pounds and was sort of spinning my wheels. Fortunately a new, affordable gym opened in my neighborhood and I've since started in on heavy lifting. It really is amazing how quickly your butt can progress once you add weight to your squats. Immediately post partum I was doing body weight squats which really did help with general flexibility issues I was having and made it possible for me to do better lunges but it those had limited impact on my butt.

Because I've been losing weight generally I've tightened up considerably around my hips and probably would have lost inches there but my butt has lifted so much that my hip measurement hasn't really changed in a few months. I suppose some women might find that frustrating but I live in a dayumn butt sort of neighborhood so I'm like "Yay, booty!"
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    All I'm saying about my backside is that after I caught a glimpse of it recently squats are now my favorite exercise. :blushing: Squats do a booty good. :laugh:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love:
    Looked at ALL of your pics... I ain't mad at ANY of them!

Congrats on your progress and keep up the good work!
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have a chronic case of Noassatall.

That's me! Flat butt all my life, but I'm gonna start doing squats now that's for sure. and OP that was a very good post, love the visuals and the way you explained it. :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Lovely!!!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    You look great, and that fabulous polka dot dress looks great on you! What I notice most is how much you increased the definition in your waist.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I like squats! And damn nice booties here.
    Yep, squats work - and, if you enjoy it, mountain biking and cycling do to.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

Come on Evgeni, post a butt shot.
  • Achrya
    Options

buttbuttbuttbuttbutt!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    OK i will play.

The first picture is after I lost about 40 pounds or so... and was lifting a little...the second is 7 months later after lifting progressively heavier...and almost a year ago(Sept)

43e904c6-6490-434a-991c-a0da13034c0e_zpsfef378e7.jpg7b6f3f8b-8e60-45bf-9f5a-f8b2e5f7b7d1_zpse769af46.jpg

The pictures dont show how much smaller my waist is in the 2nd picture compared to the first...squats and deadlifts have really made a difference in my core as well...I believe squats do a BODY good, not just a BOOTY

This is last month...lol..wish i had thought to do it from the same angle.
    0d481258-55db-41c1-a7b5-842668e4530c_zpsd689c05f.jpg

in pants

8fbee77e-699d-4c56-a255-f5c699b3d272_zpsf9455c2c.jpg

andddddddddd dressed...shirt and yoga pants.
    9b8e31b2-ed62-4e35-b850-ef23944d0111_zpse9304bfd.jpg

and i have some pretty nice ones of my bare butt, but that wont fly here.:flowerforyou:

My booty looks much nicer in and out of clothing...if age matters i turned 42 this week
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if bodyweight squats/lunges/etc will build me an Azz, or does it have to be heavy lifting?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump for a nice round rump
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Won't say no to a request. :laugh:

DpzR4V3l.jpg

Cycling shorts, 2 mm padding (but only on the seat area, all else is me). You'll have to wait for running tights when I get back to Germany.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Squats have done a world of good for my butt Untitled.png
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My favorite thread of the day. One day I will squat. I tried body weight squats a few weeks ago and royally screwed myself up. I couldn't walk for days! Eventually I will try again. I am inspired by all the fabulous booties here!
  • Achrya
    Options
    Does anyone know if bodyweight squats/lunges/etc will build me an Azz, or does it have to be heavy lifting?

Body weights are effective but it's important to make sure you progress via harder moves, pauses, and elevation to continue to challenge yourself. I do body weight things 2/3 days a week (started 4 weeks ago or so, so I can confidently say most of my body changes are via heavy lifting.) mostly to help with my flexibility. I'm using Body By You/You are Your Own Gym as a guide.