whats yr job and do u love it?

Replies

• ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    @griff7809. Thank you for your years of service:-)
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    I am a vocational manager for 125 individuals with DD such as Autism, C. Palsy, MR, etc..
    I do love it.

We need to talk!

I just took on a new job that I am positively stoked about. I have been hired as a Director of Day Services for a non-profit organization that supports adults with developmental delays. I manage two programs--a vocational center and a retirement center. The organization inherited the vocational center and needs direction to develop the program. I am a special education teacher by trade and an advocate by hobby (community projects). I have more to say but not here.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    FYI, 5 Guys is the best burger joint ever! I actually ate there this week.
  • Ruthie1970
    Ruthie1970 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm a Chemical Dependency Technician at a local Treatment center.
    I love my job.
  • crystalfisher89
    crystalfisher89 Posts: 196 Member
    I am a high school band director. I love the kids and creating music, but I do hate how ignorant and stupid administrators are these days. It's all about sports and screw the music (music doesn't bring home trophies o.O), BUT that is the ONLY downside of my job. I love what I do!
  • samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    I am a medical laboratory tech and I enjoy my job most days :wink:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    I am a high school band director. I love the kids and creating music, but I do hate how ignorant and stupid administrators are these days. It's all about sports and screw the music (music doesn't bring home trophies o.O), BUT that is the ONLY downside of my job. I love what I do!

Band was my life in high school. All of my happy teen memories revolve around band.
  • trisha671
    trisha671 Posts: 28
    2nd grade teacher. Love the job, hate bad kids & the politics that goes along with it.
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Sales assistant in a corner shop.
    Hate it... leaving in 3 weeks woop woop :)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Admin at a small business. I like dealing with clients. But I will likely go back to school in a couple years, maybe for a masters in anthro or journalism.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Secondary school French teacher - love it most days...especially now it's the Summer holidays :smile:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I work for an entity governing people in a financial profession. It's a pretty typical office job and I enjoy it, because I do different things every day and stay interested.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Finishing up a Ph.D. in a science field. I absolutely love it.
  • jubug721
    jubug721 Posts: 7 Member
    Preschool Teacher at a Cooperative Preschool in the Seattle area. Love it!
  • SunOfMan
    SunOfMan Posts: 67 Member
    Generic retail assistant.

It is what it is. No challenge, very tedious, incredibly mind-numbing.

However, only 1 more week of that and I'm moving into social work. Hope to find some fresh challenges and job satisfaction :)
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Senior staff accountant and office manager for CPA firm. Married to the CPA and gave birth to both of our employees. Absolutely love my job!
  • Slezann
    Slezann Posts: 3
    I have a terrific job. I film and photograph children in a special needs school and produce a DVD for every child to take home at the end of the year - this is instead of them having a traditional paper school report. The response from the children and their families when they watch them is awesome!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Just finished my AAS in Respiratory Care & passed by Boards to become a Registered Respiratory Therapist/Licensed Respiratory Care Professional- did that while working with DD individuals in group homes. I just landed my first job with a hospital and finishing up my time with my DD guys. 90% of the time it is fabulous, 10% or the time behavior issues made me hate it.
  • badwolves
    badwolves Posts: 33
    I'm a waitress. I hate it, but I get a good workout at least.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Freelance Architectural artist/animator/designer. Love it.