MFP is not A Dating Site!!!

Options

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I know a few divorces from here. I know a lot of hook ups from here. a few marriages too, and some dating!, it is everything really.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I know a few divorces from here. I know a lot of hook ups from here. a few marriages too, and some dating!, it is everything really.

hi
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

Yup..me too ..seen it all ..
    And c'mon those weirdo, creeps are people needing love too :D
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options

And c'mon those weirdo, creeps are people needing love too

thank you for understanding.

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Wasn't there a recent thread where a man's wife popped up and let rip about her husband hooking up with MULTIPLE women on this site after one of the women here outed him?

I wonder if it all started with a dick pic. lol
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

I wonder if it all started with a dick pick. lol

Must have been some pick, or some dick!

• PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Okay, I finally got a message. But I don't think it's kinky or whatever. Weird yes, but not kinky. Some guy with a really long name wants me to send him money. But get this, he's in Nigeria. Like WTF?

Seems legit.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Very true, it's isn't a dating site.
    As with any website that is full of people you don't know. You should be extremely careful who you get to know and even more careful about anybody you choose to meet.

All this being said and bar from the fact that people sending unsolicited messages that are frankly disturbing (not cool! Nobody needs to see a photo of.. well, anything!) some awesome relationships have blossomed from MFP.

I met my fiancé here, we started as a long distance (America, England) and have recently spent 3 months together - planning our future and moving together permanently.

Our love for health and fitness brought us together and that is largely thanks to MFP.

So, I totally agree that MFP is not a dating site - any website that brings together a large number of people with similar interests is guaranteed to bring certain people together.

I can't stress enough though - safety on any website has to be paramount!

Well said, and congratulations Adam. :)
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Options
    I think many would be surprised at how bold the women can be on here with their messages as well.....and shocked at who sends them....well, maybe not ;)

Oh man, truth! Not much shocks me anymore at my age, but some of the messages I've gotten.... wow.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I think many would be surprised at how bold the women can be on here with their messages as well.....and shocked at who sends them....well, maybe not ;)

Haven't been shocked yet and probably never will be. Most people came here feeling bad about themselves. The validation is like a drug addiction to many

That's very true. I can admit that the validation bug bit me for a little while before I caught how shallow I was becoming. I mean, it's nice to get attention when you've never had it before, right? I think it's very common here, although few would admit it.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    So whats the better dating site MFP, Tinder or what?

asking for a friend. :p
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

Finding someone close enough to you on MFP to truly date might be difficult. I assume with other dating sites, including Tinder, you can set a radius or something. So it depends on whether you want real sex or Kik sex :D

Wait a second there's Kik sex???
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Since I have had my "hungry bear" profile pic, no dating solicitations!
  • Just_J_Now
    Options

Finding someone close enough to you on MFP to truly date might be difficult. I assume with other dating sites, including Tinder, you can set a radius or something. So it depends on whether you want real sex or Kik sex :D

Wait a second there's Kik sex???
    beingmore1 wrote: »

kik sex? Just what kind of recipes are being shared on there?

I have said too much!!

tenor.gif
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    If it's meant to be, it will happen anywhere. Just don't force it.