What are you NOT grateful for today? What sucks?

Options

Replies

• millea84
    millea84 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. That is heart breaking. I don't know what I would do if I had to give my dog up. I hope you find comfort and things get better for you.
  • BWA468
    BWA468 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    millea84 wrote: »
    I am so sorry. That is heart breaking. I don't know what I would do if I had to give my dog up. I hope you find comfort and things get better for you.

Thank you! Ugh never ever imagined I would put myself in this situation when I got her 3yrs ago (had never travelled or wanted too!). Have always believed dogs are a lifetime commitment and they are! I feel like a terrible, terrible, selfish person :'(
  • millea84
    Options
    You shouldn't feel like a selfish person. I know it is easier said then done, but you are doing what is best for your dog and it is a sacrifice you are making for her.
  • BWA468
    BWA468 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you. A sacrifice would of been not going but then I would be miserable. Lose/lose situation :(
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Clawsal wrote: »
    Beggars in the street harassing me for money on my way into work in the morning. I'm cold, I'm tired & the last thing I need is someone rattling a cup at my face shamelessly asking for my hard earned dollar. Get a job !! Plus the fact you can't confront them for the fear of them attacking you with the help of their beggar friends. It should be illegal
    A little charity goes a long way.

I'm a very charitable person but in a lot of cases the begging is simply to fund a drink or drug problem. They expect people to simply hand them over money. It's not right. Your basically funding someone's addiction, that ain't charity
    Did you ever attempt to buy them food?

The thought does cross my mind, but let's be honest I'm not exactly rolling in it, I work so I can afford to put food in my mouth & my loved ones. I don't see why I should buy someone food or feel guilty because I have it. I know life is hard but in some cases it's as hard as you make it. Besides there is food banks & shelters, soup kitchens, churches not to mention the many charities & organisations specifically designed to help these people. The help is there it's their choice to take it. Many people volunteer their time to help them. Also in the UK there is a lot of help from the state so I don't view it as my place to randomly give strangers money.

Also, on one occasion my brother gave a beggar money, his friend then decided to take my brothers mobile phone. A lot of these people are thiefs, you get up close or try to be nice they might take advantage. Granted not all of them are like that

Ahah what makes me laugh is you saying above you are very charitable.

Not criticizing your way of thinking, I don't give money to beggars either, but I don't kid myself thinking I am charitable.

It is very possible to be charitable and still not give money to people on the streets. Maybe she does lots of good deeds or maybe she donates time or money to reputable organizations.

Yeah sure... maybe she does.

But usually people that think "most of those people are thieves" and that they should "get a job" and are afraid "of them attacking you" don't have a lot of empathy for "these kinds of people".

• iwant2seemytoes
    iwant2seemytoes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    found out I failed an exam I need for work
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'm ungrateful for the terrible luck my friends have been having lately.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Anonymous Flag abusers.

Post flagged
  • gamommy
    gamommy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Beggars in the street harassing me for money on my way into work in the morning. I'm cold, I'm tired & the last thing I need is someone rattling a cup at my face shamelessly asking for my hard earned dollar. Get a job !! Plus the fact you can't confront them for the fear of them attacking you with the help of their beggar friends. It should be illegal
    A little charity goes a long way.

I'm behind on this a bit - but listen. If you don't want to give your money away without seeing them work for it...ask them to tell you a joke. Pay them based on how funny it was. I gave a guy $20 one time because he proposed marriage and I told him that was the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Some people are just rotten panhandlers, yes. Some people have difficulty getting an actual job because of all the factors...they don't have an address, they don't have the means to look presentable, they don't have the experience, etc. Even if they apply at a fast food place, they may be discriminated against because of their appearance, etc.

Your money is your money and no one can tell you how to spend it or give it away, but I would definitely consider offering to buy them a meal or paying them based on a simple interaction you can do quickly (like a joke).
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    All my bloody mental illnesses. Depression, ADHD, PTSD, and BPD. I would seriously give my right arm to be neurotypical.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Today is the last day of my holiday. I don't want to go home yet!
  • millea84
    Options
    My boyfriend can't stop being late for work. It makes me worried.
  • millea84
    Options
    All my bloody mental illnesses. Depression, ADHD, PTSD, and BPD. I would seriously give my right arm to be neurotypical.

I am so sorry. Mental illnesses suck. I hope you feel a lot better soon.
  • millea84
    Options
    Pancakes are delicious!
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    This morning's 450 pound deadlifts all gone to waste.
    Is that a huge *kitten* toasted marshmallow in that one cone? Damn this looks tasty! Well, not the blue one, but yeah. I did not need to see this!
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I am not grateful for all the judgy mcjudgertons around here. Worry about YOU

But I love judging you!
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    This morning's 450 pound deadlifts all gone to waste.

jf6k0ss2r958.jpg

By god!! What is this delicious looking treat?? I have never seen such beauty.