Over 100 lbs to lose?

Options
goldiejdb
goldiejdb Posts: 63 Member
I have over 100lbs to lose :# I'm just looking at it as losing 10 lbs 10 times or 25 lbs 4xs. It really works with keeping me motivated. Looking for friends who are Dedicated and working towards the same

Replies

• Lgcoulter33
    Lgcoulter33 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also have over 100 to lose. Feel free to add me. :)
  • tgcakef
    tgcakef Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have to lose about 140lbs. Feel free to add me :)
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Please friend me. I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I'm new to MFP. I'm starting my first challenge August 1. I've got 129 pounds to loose. I love your idea of 10pound increments. What is your goal for August?
  • bonnieevans6060
    Options
    goldiejdb wrote: »
    Please friend me. I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I'm new to MFP. I'm starting my first challenge August 1. I've got 129 pounds to loose. I love your idea of 10pound increments. What is your goal for August?

Hey! My goal is 15-20 lbs for August. You can do this I promise.

That is an energetic goal to loose 15-20 in a month! I am looking forward to helping you achieve that goal. How do you plan to do it? My weigh in day is a Tuesday. I'm looking forward to seeing if I've lost any weight this first week even though I haven't been trying. I just wanted to see where my problem areas are. I found three. I eat too many calories at dinner, I'm eating too much sugar. I can't remember my third problem area right now. I'll have to look at my food notes. My starting weight last week was 295.4 and my goal is 175 or less. For my height, 5'8", 175 is still considered overweight according to what I read from Mayo Clinic. After I get there I may have to re-evaluate and adjust my goal wt.

• morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I've done it before and need to do it again due to medication and other factors after an illness.
  • goldiejdb
    Options
    Please add me. I've done it before and need to do it again due to medication and other factors after an illness.

I've done it before as well. It sucks slowly watching the scale creep back up but regaining control is all that matters. adding you!
  • goldiejdb
    Options
    mroloff wrote: »
    Just wanted to second the suggestion to look at big weight loss goals in smaller chunks. I started a year ago with about 175 pounds to lose and so far has lost 122. It's really daunting and overwhelming to think of it all as one goal. I've found it easier to stay motivated thinking about the next 10-15 pound milestone.

That's amazing!! Many Congratulations to you
  • bonnieevans6060
    Options
    amyswish wrote: »
    Got on the scale for the first time tonight in forever. Have about 150 to lose. Please add me

Have no idea how to add you as a friend but feel free to send me a friend request. I'm at 295 and my goal is 175. I'm getting started August 1. I've been tracking this last week and have been able to identify three problem areas: snacks, sugar, too many calories at dinner. Hoping to improve those three areas as well as others.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Making mini goals helps me, check out this group and join us. We start a new thread each week with small attainable, mini goals. Even if you don't meet the mini goals perfectly. The goal is to stay mindful and be consistent not perfect and if you do this you will eventually reach your ultimate goals. Check out link and feel free to join us: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/625-mini-goal-one-week-challenge
  • bonnieevans6060
    Options
    Ok today is day 1 of my August 30 day challenge. One of my goals is to work out Monday, Wednesday, & Friday. Today was Monday. I walked 1.01 miles in 30 minutes at 2 mph on the treadmill. My other goal for the month is to stay within my daily calorie allotment. I think I can do this! Time will tell.