Over 100 lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options

goldiejdb wrote: »
    Please friend me. I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I'm new to MFP. I'm starting my first challenge August 1. I've got 129 pounds to loose. I love your idea of 10pound increments. What is your goal for August?

Hey! My goal is 15-20 lbs for August. You can do this I promise.

That is an energetic goal to loose 15-20 in a month! I am looking forward to helping you achieve that goal. How do you plan to do it? My weigh in day is a Tuesday. I'm looking forward to seeing if I've lost any weight this first week even though I haven't been trying. I just wanted to see where my problem areas are. I found three. I eat too many calories at dinner, I'm eating too much sugar. I can't remember my third problem area right now. I'll have to look at my food notes. My starting weight last week was 295.4 and my goal is 175 or less. For my height, 5'8", 175 is still considered overweight according to what I read from Mayo Clinic. After I get there I may have to re-evaluate and adjust my goal wt.

Well right now I'm losing 4-5 lbs a week so I hope it still keeps going. I just eat healthy and walk. I also have one day where I eat what I want and it's like a shock to my body because the scale drops drastically after I go back to my healthy plan. Sugar is definitely a no. I drink tons of water. Seriously take it one day at a time

Hey its great you're losing weight but try not to lose too much too fast, I did that and 6 months later I am 73lbs lighter but I have gallbladder issues that are causing me so much pain that its not even worth it, gallstones / gallbladder issues can be life threatening and I need surgery now to remove my gallbladder all because I wanted to lose weight as fast as possible, I still have about 100lbs to go till my goal weight but I am going to try and go more steady with that.
    Please have a look at this thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1
    I really don't want to burst your bubble or put your whole strategy down, its brilliant to be so motivated but please be responsible about this, there are so many consequences to undereating / losing weight too quickly, loose saggy skin being the least of your worries. I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey.
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have about 80-100 lbs to lose.
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    F/43, 5'2", CW 212, trying to lose 100 lbs - feel free to add me!
  • goldiejdb
    goldiejdb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Please friend me. I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I'm new to MFP. I'm starting my first challenge August 1. I've got 129 pounds to loose. I love your idea of 10pound increments. What is your goal for August?

That is an energetic goal to loose 15-20 in a month! I am looking forward to helping you achieve that goal. How do you plan to do it? My weigh in day is a Tuesday. I'm looking forward to seeing if I've lost any weight this first week even though I haven't been trying. I just wanted to see where my problem areas are. I found three. I eat too many calories at dinner, I'm eating too much sugar. I can't remember my third problem area right now. I'll have to look at my food notes. My starting weight last week was 295.4 and my goal is 175 or less. For my height, 5'8", 175 is still considered overweight according to what I read from Mayo Clinic. After I get there I may have to re-evaluate and adjust my goal wt.

Well right now I'm losing 4-5 lbs a week so I hope it still keeps going. I just eat healthy and walk. I also have one day where I eat what I want and it's like a shock to my body because the scale drops drastically after I go back to my healthy plan. Sugar is definitely a no. I drink tons of water. Seriously take it one day at a time

Hey its great you're losing weight but try not to lose too much too fast, I did that and 6 months later I am 73lbs lighter but I have gallbladder issues that are causing me so much pain that its not even worth it, gallstones / gallbladder issues can be life threatening and I need surgery now to remove my gallbladder all because I wanted to lose weight as fast as possible, I still have about 100lbs to go till my goal weight but I am going to try and go more steady with that.
    Please have a look at this thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1
    I really don't want to burst your bubble or put your whole strategy down, its brilliant to be so motivated but please be responsible about this, there are so many consequences to undereating / losing weight too quickly, loose saggy skin being the least of your worries. I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey.

I'm not limiting my calories or trying to lose too fast. That's just how much weight I've been losing. When I was on a mission to lose weight a few years back I was also dropping like crazy. I guess everyone's body is different but I'm in no way trying to lose at a rapid pace.. I'm taking my time. thank you so much for the concern
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »

I'm not limiting my calories or trying to lose too fast. That's just how much weight I've been losing. When I was on a mission to lose weight a few years back I was also dropping like crazy. I guess everyone's body is different but I'm in no way trying to lose at a rapid pace.. I'm taking my time. thank you so much for the concern

When you have a lot to lose it is nothing to lose 4-5 pounds in a week. All I did was start eating like a normal person and I would drop anywhere from 5-10 lbs per week. But I was also 500 lbs. Of course that did not last forever.
    What I wanted to say was I have lost over 200 lbs and I never had a goal overall. After I started losing some I did set some mini goals, but I did not stress about reaching them. That is just what worked for me. I always say, if I can do it then anybody can. You just have to be committed and dedicated and never give up.

That is true when I first started dieting I lost just over 2st in a month and a half, a lot is water weight though.
    I was just trying to warn the OP is all, as I thought the same way so I pushed myself more and more and well in 6 months I have lost 73lbs but I also have issues with my gallbladder because of it, I meant no harm at all, If I can save 1 person from going through what I'm going through now then I'll be so happy as I am in so much pain and basically having to restrict my intake a lot and still fearing I will get another attack because the gallstone attacks are really painful and scary, I love the OPs attitude to it all, its very refreshing :)
  • boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've got 100+ to lose myself. Got halfway there 2 years ago and fell off the wagon :( feel free to add me though!
  • suannabelle
    suannabelle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I have 100-125 to loose
  • Kayak_Fisherman
    Kayak_Fisherman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    With over 100lb to lose I set myself a target of losing 50lb in the first year. I have also set mini goals, reach 22st, reach 299lb etc. This gave me the motivation to keep going rather than just looking at the 'big picture' constantly...
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Last week I was 288.2 and this week I'm sad to say I'm 290.8.
  • tyfrei10
    tyfrei10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am looking to loose about 150...feel free to add me!
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I hear you there. My first month back on track I've dropped 20 lbs. By no means is it unreasonable, especially over the first couple weeks. But if it tapers off to your expected loss over the next month or so based on the deficit you're not doing anything wrong :)
  • lillynnpie
    lillynnpie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 120 lbs myself. I totally agree it's best to look at things one small victory at a time. Then the next thing you know you've surpassed your original goal :). Feel free to add me. And stay positive!
  • cc1158
    cc1158 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My first time on the community site, what an ìnspiration. I want to lose 120 lbs, started 3 weeks ago and have lost 8 lbs. Hope I can follow along for the wonderful motivation. I have started the mindfulness stress reduction program also as I tend to be a stress eater.
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Tuesday is my weigh day. This is week #3 this month. August 1st I was 288.2. Today I'm 285.6. Slow but steady wins the race I've been told. Last week I was really bummed because my weight went UP not down. But I stuck with my two goals of staying within my calorie allotment and working out for thirty minutes three times a week. It paid off!! I'm so happy. Now if I can just hold steady this next week I'll be happy. I'm adding a third weekly goal this week. To drink three twenty ounce bottles of water a day because my water intake is not consistent at all and I know it's a big part of this weight loss journey. I started MFP the end of July at a hefty 295.4. I've almost hit the 10 pound mark. Let's party when I hit the twenty-five mark.
  • dianadoell25
    dianadoell25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Need to lose 200 but will be thrilled for 100. Shooting for 10lbgoals to start. Please add me to your group. I would love to get and give support. Thankyou