Over 100 lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• tlmarzette1970
    tlmarzette1970 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100 pounds but I shooting for 80.
  • rachelsholiday73
    rachelsholiday73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the app, not sure how to add anyone but please feel free to add me. my goal is to lose 100lbs, I'm 3 weeks into my journey and have lost 11lbs so far. would love to be part of a supportive and motivational community here, with people on the same journey.
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    b_lisieux wrote: »
    Bonnie we share the same stats and timeframe of when we started. I am trying to learn more about this site. My life is very sedentary due to age and 2 bad arthritic knees so controlling my food is the major thing for me. I just discovered the "community" tab today. Just reading others posts and motivation is great. Congrats on breaking the 290 cycle! Haven't weighed in yet. I'll hope for some good results too. Without exercising and being older makes losing weight tough. All of you young people out there, lose it now while it's easier. :)

Thanks for the shout out! I'm going to be 60 in November and decided if I want to stand a fighting chance of getting to 80 I needed to make some lifestyle changes. Mainly eating healthy as moving more. Although my knees are not the greatest I am able to walk on the treadmill with 0% incline. So I do that 3 days a week. I'm eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast now instead of skipping it. That's an improvement. I track my food. It's been a real eye opener. I started 7/27 just tracking food, eating whatever I wanted. On 8/1 I started a 30 day challenge, paying attention to what I ate and how much I ate, trying to stay within a certain number of calories daily. As the month has progressed it's gotten easier and I've lost some weight too. Baby steps. It is going to be a long process. It's important to recognize that and stick with it. I feel better and I know with the holidays coming it's not going to be easy. I may have to take some "vacation days" for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
  • JitterbugBlu
    JitterbugBlu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 175 to loose. I can use some motivation!!!!
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone on making the decision to get to your healthy weight.

If you are looking for a support system here on MFP, I invite you to join a group especially for people who want to get rid of 100+ pounds. It's a fun, supportive and non-judgmental group of people who understand the struggles we face. The link is:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery.
  • garydeinert
    garydeinert Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    nzdzdad222px.png

Use this as encouragement!!
  • bmclogins
    bmclogins Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, me too. I've got about 110 pounds to lose in order to be at a healthy weight, and I feel totally overwhelmed by it. But, I also feel ready. I'm reasy to get healthy, and also ready to (hopefully) look good in a bikini for ince in my life. Add me if you like, and best of luck.
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options

good luck to all of us on this journey. We can do this!!!
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    We sure can!
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Started the month at 288.2 and ended the month at 280.4. Highest weight for the month was 290.8 when I had a gain instead of a loss between week 1 and week 2. My goal for August was to get to 280.0. I only missed it by .4 pounds. I call that a success. Very happy girl today. Time to ponder my goals for September. August had been a great month for me. Even though I was really bummed out week 2 with a gain I stuck with it and today I feel like a winner!! Thanks y'all for all the support send encouragement because it got me to 280.4!!
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11 lbs in the last 5 weeks. Which happily means I reached my 1st goal of 10/5. Only 11 more to go! We can do this! Bonnie congrats on your August victory. Now on to September. :D
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Started with 115 to loose to meet goal (180) 22 more to go :)
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    Wow, congrats Bonnie, AidaF an vnb. Great job! I'm just about 9 or 10 days into it. I want my WI day to be on Fridays. For me the biggest change is journaling everything. It's not something I really like to do but I do it anyhow as it's been quite the eye opener on some of the stuff. I have a big family and many, many, social events that seem to revolve around food, but I do my best to plan ahead. So far, one party down and I had calories left over. Whew....now that for me was a milestone. This upcoming holiday weekend though...2 parties back to back. All I can do is my best and try not to stress out. The lesson I need to teach my own self is that there are days when I can't or won't be perfect and that that is ok. It's not the one party that does me in, even if I ate and drank everything in sight that night, it's the attitude saying, oh well, I screwed this up so one party turns into a few days, into a week, etc. etc. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to that so I'm working on my own head. :) Need to remember that it's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Just restarted today, please feel free to add me. I have well over 100 to lose and could use all the support.
  • AidaF430
    Options
    @b_lisieux I can totally relate to both "social events revolving around food" and the mindset of not giving up after just one bad meal/day. I've had several bad days in the last 5 weeks, but I sucked it up and did better the next meal and/or day. This truly is a marathon not a sprint. If you have to take it one meal at a time then that's what you do. Meal prep has been my saving grace. It was hard at first but once you get the hang of it, it's quick. The logging in the beginning is a pain, but it does get better, especially if you're like me where I eat almost the same things just different combinations/seasonings. Hope this helps! We got this! Stay strong and remember, one salad doesn't make you skinny, like one burger/fries doesn't make you fat. Consistency is KEY! :)
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    @AidaF430 I LOVE your saying..."one salad doesn't make you skinny, like one burger/fries doesn't make you fat." I am going to remember that!!!! What a wonderful way to think of it. It reminds me of something similar that my husband always says to me, that it's not just one evening at a party, it's what you do at all the other days/meals. No one event will hurt you over the long haul. Thanks for that saying....Sometimes you just don't know when you say something, how much it can actually inspire someone. :)
  • okohjacinda
    okohjacinda Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Well in that case I have 30 more lbs to lose 4 more times!
  • 1besito
    1besito Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have ummm about 133 lbs to lose (for now) Add me please!
  • Luvmetheweighiam
    Luvmetheweighiam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I need exactly 100 lbs off. Add me! My second weigh in is tomorrow
  • AidaF430
    Options
    I wish I can take credit for that quote, but I read it somewhere and it stayed with me because I'm one to beat myself up when I eat something I know I'm not supposed to that will push me over my calorie limit. I don't believe in "bad foods" or "banning" any foods from my diet. I'm a Latina and I love bread, rice w/beans, pasta, etc. I could NEVER give up bread and rice. BUT I do try to make smarter choices and I really pay attention to portion control. Everything in moderation. I even have ice cream, which is a weakness of mine. Ugh! Best investment I've made is my food scale, best $20 spent. I recommend it to anyone, you'd be surprised what a real portion of your favorite food is. I know I was shocked! But made sense why I was gaining weight over the years. It's not easy, some nights I go to bed mad at myself for letting myself go this way BUT if I had done something about it last year I would be where I want to be this year, so next year I'll be celebrating my victories instead of regretting not getting started! My thought of the day. :D