Over 100 lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• reggosse1977
    reggosse1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sambodini1 wrote: »
    re-started today. would like to lose 175 and setting mini goals makes it sound more doable.

Ive restarted a few times too
  • goldiejdb
    goldiejdb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Today was my weighin day. It's my first weighin since starting and I'm down 7.2 pounds!! Now the trick is to keep those 7 pounds off.

Awesome! You can definitely do it. When I start seeing results I can't stop
  • ashlee_tx
    ashlee_tx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

My name is Ashlee. I just started my diet yesterday, and I am hoping to lose 100 pounds too. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Lyric_Momma
    Lyric_Momma Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have 100 more I would like to drop. Down 30. Send me a friend request :)
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I lost about 100, add me anyways
  • lifehastexture
    lifehastexture Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i'm just getting started and i'm definitely inspired by so many of the success stories. i lost 30 lbs years ago, never put it back on but also, have never moved forward. i just now ate 37 pretzels and logged them - but it hit me tha there's more going on with all of this than just eating. and exercising. anyway, i'm hoping to make some motivating friends - would love to hear from you guys!
  • Sherm49
    Sherm49 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a 68 year old female and loosing weight has gotten progressivly more difficult over the years. I have been trying to loose weight for a while now and have only managed to take off 30 lbs in a years time. It definitely gets frustrating.
  • chelzbel
    chelzbel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    vatoya wrote: »
    Feel free to add me!!... im trying to lose a whole person 175lbs!!....... baby steps so far 12 lbs down I hoping that I can at least get down 80lbs as a deterrent to having the gastro sleeve done... either way a whole person we go

Hey all you fabulous ladies, I'm so inspired by you all and sending good vibes to each of you. I have 131 pounds to lose and just began yesterday.

I had lost 82 but gained back 66 of those this past year. I am 36 but struggle with weight gain from medication, emotional eating, and emergency surgical menopause. Which, btw, menopause is no joke ladies! Lol I am a portrait photographer and would love to have friends to support along our journeys! I'm new to discussions and challenges but I will learn. So if you are open to being friends with this determined and sometimes sassy redhead, feel free to send me a message! Get it, girls!!! We got this!!

• bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am a 68 year old female and loosing weight has gotten progressivly more difficult over the years. I have been trying to loose weight for a while now and have only managed to take off 30 lbs in a years time. It definitely gets frustrating.

It does get frustrating when you're eating right and the scale doesn't budge. Are you logging your food on MFP? I have recently discovered, as s result of logging, that I'm getting far too much sugar in my diet although I'm staying within my caloric range. Are you moving? If you have a smart phone you can track your daily steps with MFP too. They say you should log 10,000 steps a day!! I'm just trying to get to 5,000 right now. MFP is helping me immensely by holding me accountable. I've got a few MFP friends and we are checking in on each other. I hate to be the one who says they flopped that day so just knowing that someone may ask me what I've done for the day gets me motivated.
  • jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 120 and losing 15-20 more. Feel free to add me.
  • teenster3
    teenster3 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I want to lose around 130 lbs. and have plenty of health issues to deal with as well. Feel free to add me, as it looks like I do not have the ability to add myself...
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm late to the party and don't have anymore weight to lose (42 lbs gone in 1 yr), but I wanted to support you in that '10lbs at a time' thought.

There is some evidence that losing 10 or 15 lbs, then holding a bit (a month or so at maintenance), and repeating is a very effective way to ensure that the weight stays off long term.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    goldiejdb wrote: »
    Well right now I'm losing 4-5 lbs a week so I hope it still keeps going. I just eat healthy and walk. I also have one day where I eat what I want and it's like a shock to my body because the scale drops drastically after I go back to my healthy plan. Sugar is definitely a no. I drink tons of water. Seriously take it one day at a time

Realistically it won't keep up at this rate. Aiming too high may result in feeling really discouraged if it doesn't keep up at this rate - losing 2 lbs/week is realistic over a longer term and will likely be accomplishable for a good part of your loss :)
  • PISTASZCZUK
    PISTASZCZUK Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have about 100lbs to lose happy for you to add me the more support the greater accountability!
    I like the little steps mind goes back to weights at times in my life so far I've lost baby number 2 weight now I'm aiming for baby number ones weight then wedding day weight!
    100lbs doesn't seem achievable as a whole!
    We can do this please add me if u want to.
  • Tsmith87
    Tsmith87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Losing 100lbs is my goal. Taking it one day at a time making small changes. I'm determined to not live in this body anymore. Feel free to add!
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    mroloff wrote: »
    vatoya wrote: »
    Feel free to add me!!... im trying to lose a whole person 175lbs!!....... baby steps so far 12 lbs down I hoping that I can at least get down 80lbs as a deterrent to having the gastro sleeve done... either way a whole person we go

I've lost 122 pounds in the last year without weight loss surgery. I started at 325 so I definitely would have qualified for surgery but decided it wasn't for me. I've found the best part about doing it the old fashioned way is when people assume you've had gastric bypass or some such surgery when they see how much you've lost and you can proudly say, nope, just diet, exercise, and sheer force of will!

Wow! 122 is a lot of weight to have lost. If you can do it then I should be able to do it too. We will see where I end up this time next year. I'd love to be down to the 100's instead of the 200's range. You are definitely an inspiration.
  • goldiejdb
    Options
    lalepepper wrote: »
    goldiejdb wrote: »
    Well right now I'm losing 4-5 lbs a week so I hope it still keeps going. I just eat healthy and walk. I also have one day where I eat what I want and it's like a shock to my body because the scale drops drastically after I go back to my healthy plan. Sugar is definitely a no. I drink tons of water. Seriously take it one day at a time

Realistically it won't keep up at this rate. Aiming too high may result in feeling really discouraged if it doesn't keep up at this rate - losing 2 lbs/week is realistic over a longer term and will likely be accomplishable for a good part of your loss :)
    Oh I definitely know it won't stay at a 4-5lb loss a week. I lost almost 150lbs a few years ago-it literally was just dropping of me...I know it's not gonna be the same. I know it's gonna be a journey & i'm more than ready for it. Thank God for MFP it's a Godsend
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've done it, it CAN be done. 230+ from my highest. There is a 100+ lbs to lose group here on MFP that has been a huge part of my success.
  • goldiejdb
    Options
    brookielaw wrote: »
    I've done it, it CAN be done. 230+ from my highest. There is a 100+ lbs to lose group here on MFP that has been a huge part of my success.

Can you link me