Replies

• MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Here to support add me
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @paschen81....good attitude. Never give up!!!
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Today is day 67 for me, I've had a deficit every day for those days and I still have more than 100lbs to go

Hoping to get below 100 to go at next weigh in.
  • gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Paschen81 wrote: »
    I have between 150 and 165 to lose. Started really working at it 2 weeks ago... So far with the increase in excercise I've gained 5 pounds... Not giving up though

You keep going hun, you have got this....the weight didn't come on overnight, so it will take time to get it back off. Just take it each day at a time...you got this! ;-)

• gg2007
    gg2007 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Paschen81 wrote: »
    I have between 150 and 165 to lose. Started really working at it 2 weeks ago... So far with the increase in excercise I've gained 5 pounds... Not giving up though

You keep going hun, you have got this....the weight didn't come on overnight, so it will take time to get it back off. Just take it each day at a time...you got this! ;-)

• rachie25half
    rachie25half Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 lbs to lose and am starting with about a 34 lb goal. So far I've lost 10 lbs, but I don't have a scale so I'm not sure how I'm doing now. I have a hard time with desserts, especially cookies. I'm also finding it difficult to stay within the sodium levels.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm currently dropping between 20 and 25 a month. Friend request sent to the topic writer... anyone is free to add me if you like.
  • rachie25half
    rachie25half Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Since we all have 100+ lbs to lose, I thought this would be a good place to ask this question. I've been sedentary for a year due to cancer and treatment. 2 days ago I started walking very slowly, about 1/2 mile per day. I feel horrible after. Everything aches and I feel like I'll drop. It's cool here and I'm completely hydrated. Is anyone else starting mild exercise and feeling lousy? How does this work? (Pre-cancer i was semi fit and walked miles every night without incident).
    You could cut down and start with 1/4 mile a day at first until you get used to it. My physical therapist said I should only increase in small amounts. He gave me a percentage, but I can't remember what it was--I think it was 5 percent. When I was first starting to exercise, I started at 5 minutes on the exercise bike and then went up incrementally to where I could go at least 30 min. But I seem to remember that I went up one minute per week. You may not have to start as low as I did but it sounds like you may be trying to do too much too soon, especially if you're recovering from a major illness.

• FindingMe32
    FindingMe32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looking to drop 70,your all more than welcome to add me :):)
  • plus20UsernameOfPower
    Options
    feel free to add me!I'm at about 311 right now. My initial goal is to get to 250 and then go from there. But I like the idea of smaller increments. :)
  • awingate87
    awingate87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 100-125 also, just started yesterday!! Feel free to add me!
  • vegasnine
    vegasnine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am just coming over from WW I lost 50 there but have not been able to do more since April. I still have 100more to lose.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Making mini goals helps me, check out this group and join us. We start a new thread each week with small attainable, mini goals. Even if you don't meet the mini goals perfectly. The goal is to stay mindful and be consistent not perfect and if you do this you will eventually reach your ultimate goals. Check out link and feel free to join us: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/625-mini-goal-one-week-challenge

Wow, thanks for the info, small goals seem to be the way to go..
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    goldiejdb wrote: »
    I have over 100lbs to lose :# I'm just looking at it as losing 10 lbs 10 times or 25 lbs 4xs. It really works with keeping me motivated. Looking for friends who are Dedicated and working towards the same

I like the way you think, I believe I am going to use that 10 lbs 10 times it seems more obtainable. Thank you.
  • goldiejdb
    goldiejdb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just curious...what is everyone doing for exercise?
  • Fight4URHAPPINESS
    Fight4URHAPPINESS Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I’m looking to lose 160lbs add me girl!
  • gracepostie
    gracepostie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 100!!
  • spngnetwork
    spngnetwork Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Last year I stopped at 30lbs, giving it another go. Really want to drop and keep off at least 100lbs. :)
  • tishbiv
    tishbiv Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Add me! Open diary and very active on mfp.