Does Slim Fast really work? Well it has for me..

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My friend Angie has had great luck with Slim fast. She has lost over 25 lbs and was in the same boat she needed something to motivate excel her weight loss capabilities. I know she has convinced me to try it. She like Jared did for Subway is slowly adding back in regular foods as many here pointed out it is not something to do forever. It helps in situations where like me I need to loose the weight so I can loose more weight if that makes sense. I know you can work out at whatever size however I need to loose a few pounds in order to be able to do the more high impact workouts. I think you do whatever works best for you. yes this site has seen fad diets come and go. It is more about what works best for the individual. SO you go... Drink your slim fast! I will not be one to judge.. 25 lbs is more then I have lost so I say go for it.

Actually, no, it does not make sense to me.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think discouraging the poster is kinda mean. All I would say to that person is, while losing the weight on what is well-known to be a crash diet, try to familiarize yourself with proper long-term nutrition so you can gradually taper off of the liquid diet without gaining back all of your hard work. I suggest you try out Fat Loss Factor, it works perfectly.... this is the link http://maximumweightloss.net/loseweight/joinprogram.php

Good luck.

I think it's mean to be dishonest with people.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    ...It helps in situations where like me I need to loose the weight so I can loose more weight if that makes sense....

No, it doesn't make sense (to me) ~ are you saying you don't believe you would lose eating at a similar calorie deficit as Slim Fast?
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    I'm amazed the shakeology and advocare folks haven't jumped on this like white on rice.

Slim-fast isn't my thing. I can't stand drinking away my sugar. I want to eat my delicious grams of sugar.
    13 grams of sugar can be used on delicious candy or chocolate.
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I went on the Slim Fast 3-2-1 plan last summer and I lost a bunch of weight! I was also exercising everyday so It wasn't just the lower calorie intake. In my experience with slim fast, I remember being hungry a lot but I couldn't eat. But I stuck to it and lost weight. I still have shakes for breakfast and sometimes lunch but I try to make my own :) They're yummy!
  • ChangeToday344
    Options
    What I find funny, is that you talk about how "mean" the others were when you have been snarky with their replies. If you don't like hearing others opinions then maybe you shouldn't post in an open forum.

Fad diets are all the same, they get you results but after the fad diet is done, there has to be a plan in place for someone to start eating regular again and exercise to keep the weight off. All those people who cut out carbs just until they got to their goal...What happened when they were done and started eating them again.

^^ This!!

You made a choice to share yourself on a public forum. So you cannot get upset when others give their 2 cents. Sure, these shakes may work for you... but what about all those chemicals it puts into your body? They are unnatural. I do not support this nor do I support weight loss pills. Or starvation.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I've been using the slim fast shakes for a couple of weeks now and have lost a few lbs, I'm not following their plan and I'm having up to about 1500 cals a day with snacks and my evening meal. I know it's not a long term fix and I can't go back to eating crap when I stop using them, but they are convenient and easy (and have been half price in boots) and I really like the taste. I used to have porridge for breakfast but these seem to keep me fuller. I'd just fallen off the weight loss wagon for a bit and this has helped bring back my focus. I'll probably stop using them after this week, but I'm not looking forward to thinking of different things for lunch at work, for some reason I get bored of salad but not the shakes!

I think most people who use them know eating healthy meals is better but sometimes convenience and not having to think about your next meal wins over that.
  • mgeralt
    mgeralt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT saying it is because it is SLIM FAST I lost the weight.
    I am saying the plan helped me.
    I know its not some freaking magical liquid that solved all of my problems.
    I know it is because it is a calorie deficit.
    I am not retarded.
    I am saying the plan can help people, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I agree.. It's not a "magical elixir" but the plan itself has helped me too..
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Good for you- what a fantastic weight loss! I often have one of their ready made shakes for breakfast when I don't feel like eating as they are delicious! Keep up the excellent weight loss- I am very jealous as I am currently doing very badly! x
  • mgeralt
    Options
    I am not retarded.

You're also 18 so your life experience is pretty limited but we'll forgive that. Many people here have been yo yo dieters for years that have the experience to comment on fad diets, magic pills and meal replacements for weight loss. Sometimes it's better to sit back quietly and learn.
    Eff it. You're not worth it.

LOL, nice edit.
    Glad you liked it. :flowerforyou:

Come on now.. Experience and age does not always make you an expert at weight loss and healthy lifestyle.. If that were the case, then us "older" folks on here wouldn't have the weight problems we have.. People shouldn't attack someone young for wanting to be healthy.. More young people need to start being more concerned with their health..
  • mgeralt
    Options
    Good for you- what a fantastic weight loss! I often have one of their ready made shakes for breakfast when I don't feel like eating as they are delicious! Keep up the excellent weight loss- I am very jealous as I am currently doing very badly! x

Thanks for the support!! Btw, don't worry, I am sure your weight loss will pick up soon.. You will find what works right for you. Believe in yourself and make sure you tell yourself everyday that you are worth it!
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    I am not retarded.

You're also 18 so your life experience is pretty limited but we'll forgive that. Many people here have been yo yo dieters for years that have the experience to comment on fad diets, magic pills and meal replacements for weight loss. Sometimes it's better to sit back quietly and learn.

LOL, nice edit.

Come on now.. Experience and age does not always make you an expert at weight loss and healthy lifestyle.. If that were the case, then us "older" folks on here wouldn't have the weight problems we have.. People shouldn't attack someone young for wanting to be healthy.. More young people need to start being more concerned with their health..
    THANK YOU.
    I want to come to your house and bring you a whole box of cookies. Haha(:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

tumblr_m1vknqkfDX1qeyt27o1_500.gif
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options

Anyone who drinks Slimfast is concerned with their weight and not with their health.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I personally think that many of the responses against slim fast are not for the OP but for other people just starting their journey with little understanding of healthy methods to lose weight and who are vulnerable to the numerous fad diets out there.
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    Well of course it works. You are reducing your calories, just eating healthily and exercising. You can't do that diet forever, and you can't go back to eating unhealthy. Your only option is adapting healthy eating habits now.
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Well thank you for your "overwhelming" words of support.. lol BTW, I don't plan on doing Slim Fast forever.. You shouldn't assume someone who does these shake diets is completely ignorant of the fact that they are not a forever thing.. DUH... Most of us know this already. Sometimes what you may call the "right way" to lose weight doesn't always work for everyone..

Hi OP
    I get what you were trying to say. I fully support you, wish you well, and love your sense of humor. Slim Fast serves a purpose but haters still gonna hate.
    :drinker: <<Those are shakes, not beers ha ha
  • BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    I am not retarded.

LOL, nice edit.

You lost me after experience...if you like slimfast you would really REALLY love the it works wraps... You dont even have to exercise all you have to do is wrap this miracle wrap atound your jiggly parts and about 24 hrs later BAM 2 inches gone.
  • monica2410
    monica2410 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations with the weight loss so far OP:flowerforyou: .
  • mgeralt
    Options
    Congratulations with the weight loss so far OP:flowerforyou: .

Thanks!!:wink: