Does Slim Fast really work? Well it has for me..

Options

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'm a little disturbed by how vicious some of these replies are. Aren't we all supposed to be adults, here?

I know, right? I've only been here about a week and already I'm tempted to write off the forums for so much negativity.

This may be one of the tamest forums on the interwebz. If this is too much, you may want to avoid all forums all together.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I'd like to just add that i only ever had 20 pounds to lose...
    I lost the first 10 thanks to Slim Fast...
    And the last 10 using snack and meal ideas I got from Slim Fast 321....
    My weight is still off. And I do not desire to lose anymore.
    SLIM FAST HAS WORKED FOR ME.
    :flowerforyou:

Once again it worked because you were at a calorie deficit not because is was Slimfast. I'm not sure why it's so hard to understand that there is no magic elixir that causes weight loss. I lost 20 lbs (not that great of a feat) without using Slimfast in 3 months and have kept it off for 2 years.

wrong, slim fast is a magical elixir that blasts away fat and replaces it with muscle.
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    I'm NOT saying it is because it is SLIM FAST I lost the weight.
    I am saying the plan helped me.
    I know its not some freaking magical liquid that solved all of my problems.
    I know it is because it is a calorie deficit.
    I am not retarded.
    I am saying the plan can help people, and there is nothing wrong with that.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I like varied opinions but "reading between the lines", some in here have struck me as kind of mean spirited.

Or maybe it's not that they are "mean", but they don't like the fact that so many people are duped into spending so much money on these things that aren't particularly that healthy, when you can get real food cheaper. *shrug*
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I am not retarded.

What plan, slim fast or calorie deficit plan?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    congratulations you paid slim fast to do something that MFP will do for free, create a calorie deficit...
    The site is free. You know what she paid for? Food.
    Just like you buying chicken or hummus or whatever it is you eat, she paid for food.

right, but I always pay for food...
    I do not pay extra for shakes, bars, cleanses, etc...
    slight difference...

Shakes and bars are food in my book. Dairy Queen has the best shakes though.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I am not retarded.

You're also 18 so your life experience is pretty limited but we'll forgive that. Many people here have been yo yo dieters for years that have the experience to comment on fad diets, magic pills and meal replacements for weight loss. Sometimes it's better to sit back quietly and learn.
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    I am not retarded.

What plan, slim fast or calorie deficit plan?
    Slim Fast 3-2-1... Calorie deficit is essentially any weight loss plan. Ha. 3-2-1 is for beginners and if that plan helps them begin the journey into a healthIER then I say let them be happy with it(:
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    I am not retarded.

You're also 18 so your life experience is pretty limited but we'll forgive that. Many people here have been yo yo dieters for years that have the experience to comment on fad diets, magic pills and meal replacements for weight loss. Sometimes it's better to sit back quietly and learn.
    Eff it. You're not worth it.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    My doctor told me that Instant Breakfast is practically the same thing only it's cheaper with less calories. With the sugar free kind you can drink two for the same amount of calories. I still drink it or eat a slim fast bar when I am low on the amount of calories I have for the day. They had me drinking the sugar free kind when they were trying to up my protein to get a sore on my leg to heal due to skin cancer and having diabetes.

"You're gonna love it in an instant!" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJrRlLYx0HY )

I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Carnation breakfast bars. They quit making them apparently, or at least the stores here quit stocking it. *kicks rock*
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I am not retarded.

LOL, nice edit.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I am not retarded.

Well...aren't you unleashing lovely....:huh:
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    I am not retarded.

Should have read what I originally wrote if you're offended by that one.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    <snip>Two pounds a month is not a good weight loss for me.. I needed something more motivating and this did it.

Two pounds a month is a nice rate of loss actually. :flowerforyou:
  • Kaytee86
    Kaytee86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't mind a meal replacement shake now and then. I will occasionally have one at work when I only have a 15 minute break and it's been far too long since breakfast and lunch is still a ways off. I prefer the Kellog's ones to the Slim Fast ones. For me they do a double trick, they curb the hunger but also convince me not to use the vending machine for chocolate bars, cause it's never just one for me.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I am not retarded.

Should have read what I originally wrote if you're offended by that one.

Offended?:laugh: Nope.
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    I am not retarded.

LOL, nice edit.
    Glad you liked it. :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    My doctor told me that Instant Breakfast is practically the same thing only it's cheaper with less calories. With the sugar free kind you can drink two for the same amount of calories. I still drink it or eat a slim fast bar when I am low on the amount of calories I have for the day. They had me drinking the sugar free kind when they were trying to up my protein to get a sore on my leg to heal due to skin cancer and having diabetes.

"You're gonna love it in an instant!" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJrRlLYx0HY )

I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Carnation breakfast bars. They quit making them apparently, or at least the stores here quit stocking it. *kicks rock*

Found a copycat recipe!

http://www.food.com/recipe/carnation-breakfast-bars-copycat-recipe-368761

And a petition to bring them back!

http://www.petitiononline.com/cb01/petition.html

And a Facebook page!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-Back-Original-Carnation-Breakfast-Bars/119582361408412

See, this turned out to be a positive thread after all, if you can dream, you can hope. I sure miss the Carnation breakfast bars. They were so cheap and much tastier than the Slim Fast bars.

853429210_0bd70a33af_z.jpg
  • lgoewey36
    lgoewey36 Posts: 19
    Options
    My friend Angie has had great luck with Slim fast. She has lost over 25 lbs and was in the same boat she needed something to motivate excel her weight loss capabilities. I know she has convinced me to try it. She like Jared did for Subway is slowly adding back in regular foods as many here pointed out it is not something to do forever. It helps in situations where like me I need to loose the weight so I can loose more weight if that makes sense. I know you can work out at whatever size however I need to loose a few pounds in order to be able to do the more high impact workouts. I think you do whatever works best for you. yes this site has seen fad diets come and go. It is more about what works best for the individual. SO you go... Drink your slim fast! I will not be one to judge.. 25 lbs is more then I have lost so I say go for it.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I am not retarded.

Wow. Wise words not only fall on deaf ears, but warrant a response like that. LOL

(Yup, the only reason that I have commented is because I have 22 years of experience with "dieting" and nothing at all good came from it. Just poor health and a lifelong battle with obesity.)