WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    How many of us have Eyore for husbands???? I think he IS EYORE!

My youngest brother had two sons and they both have so many of the alphabet mental illnesses. ADD! ADDHD ODD OCD plus bipolar. Why and how can children be born with all of that. The older of the two sons is now a fairly mature man, is an EMT paramedic. His only mental problem right now is his sexual addiction to this trailer trash of a woman who keeps popping out babies. Some are his, some aren't. But he is just like his Mom and loves every one of them and has given 4 babies his name. There is one of the children he knows is his. They have lived together long enough in Alabama that they are legally married and therefore he has to divorce her to dissolve the relationship. Neither of them have the money so sometimes they live together and fit terribly and sometimes they live apart. They children have seen so much and I don't know what kind of a role model of a mother or father they will carry on into their adult life. Hopefully it will be my brother and SIL. But both of the boys when they were children attempted suicide when the were young. And both have spent many a day in a children's psychiatric hospital.

Well a friedm of mine says that since we have a 60% chance of rain today that it WILL rain. I don't think so. So far there is no evidence of it.

I agree, where is Penny???? Sure miss her wisdom, humor and pictures. I also miss Sylvia, and the lady who had cats, lived in a Victorian house and adopted her nieces or was it grand children. Anyway, there have been many good friends through the years here that have left. I know anytime there is a Joyce that comes here that she doesn't stay. I guess I scare them all off!

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    DJ, well I saw it on a Facebook page called ' Linnies Place', its a group site that has a lot of down home recipes, beautiful pics, and old fashioned knowhow stories. I also belong to a group there called ' Older Than Dirt', which is like this group but not as healthy!!!
    Becca hugs!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,827 Member
    Options
    Fridge is finally fixed, yea now for it to cool down..and will have to go get some dinner tonight, because there isnt much in tiny fridge.. will check in later before bed..
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Tere, yep its nice to split up a large steak to make multiple meals!

Today I mailed off a mint in box toy of my sons he wasn't interested in keeping. I rec'd a postal money order for $30, so then with buying bubble wrap and a box, it came to $15 that I profited! I promptly gave to my husband and he used $12 to fill up the car! The flow of money..
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    So, DH birthday is this weekend and we have two special Chicago stuffed pepperoni pizzas arriving FedEx tonight frozen. He is so excited- this is a treat we order only approx twice a year. Lol, yes we get our pizza delivered to Texas all the way from Chicago! We plan to cook one tonight and I'm praying for The self-control to only eat one piece. I already entered that one piece into MFP so I had better not eat more than that! That will be hard, but at least it's not my favorite the spinach pizza.
    This weekend one of our nieces is coming to town as well. She is 12 years old and as sweet as can be! I have to think of something special for all of us (DH, niece and MIL) to do. Unfortunately it is way too hot here right now to plan any outdoor activities. MIL's rehab is going well, I'll go with her again tomorrow.
    I'll sign off now, I need to call my brother because today is his actual birthday. This is a hard time, because my father who lives with him, is currently in rehab facility. All this rehab activity in the older generation has me doubling down on my determination to continue strength training. I'm proud of myself, I did three sessions this week.

Rye
    Texas
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Ooh half my thread disappeared?!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Becca, are those your photographs? They are amazingly beautiful and spectacular!
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    August Goals
    1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    2. Fiber 30g
    3. Vegetables - big salad daily
    4. Track/complete entry daily
    5. Steps - avg 5000 steps, 30 Fitbit min.
    6. Lose 10 pounds
    7. Declutter weekly in the zones

8/1 Weight = 288.4

• I'm getting more fiber on a regular basis. I want to have a clean colonoscopy in February next year.
    • I'll be age 60 on Aug 22nd. I did not want to be fat and forty... fifty... sixty... I don't usually put "pounds loss" numbers on my monthly goals - but I will aim for 10 pounds loss this month. I'll be seeing my doctor in September and would like to have a good loss.

-- Ginger in Texas
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I had oral surgery yesterday to insert 2 implants for teeth. So... no foods, slept most of the day, dropped 3 lbs. No pain and not hungry. Sipping coffee. Had my Metamucil. Not sure what I'll eat later. Maybe some quick homemade vegetable soup. Frozen veggies cooked in broth. Maybe a protein shake.

Hope you all are having a good day and week. I'm going to catch up reading posts here.
    --Ginger in Texas
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Becca, are those your photographs? They are amazingly beautiful and spectacular!

Na, these are not. There are a couple of sites on Facebook that post these! I am a pic stealer sharer!!
    Becca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,827 Member
    Options
    nighty night
  • trulydivyn725
    trulydivyn725 Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ~ Becca - OMG thank you!!!!!!! I've missed the coast so much! I grew up in Medford, but we had a home in Brookings too, and the old family homesteads in Yoncalla and Eugene are still very much occupied by family as well as representatives in Jackson and Josephine Counties...I have a LOT of family/friends/relatives there...I try to get home annually, but it's not always the case. I was in Medford for my 35th HS reunion last year, and family reunion right after that in Ft Jones/Etna/Callahan area across the border...I was soooo happy to see those photos! Made my afternoon!

Some time, you're going to have to show me how to share photos too. When I get home tonight, I have to take my DSIL (which I think stands for dear Son in Law?) to Bullhead City to purchase something important to him...my grandson and my son will probably road dog it with us. For those wondering where that is, Bullhead City AZ is on the NV/AZ border across the river from Laughlin NV - both about half an hour north of Needles CA. Usually, and typically it's 10 degrees warmer there than in Vegas...go figure! Why am I driving you ask? Forgot to mention my DSIL is also epileptic and cannot drive at night. He's an excellent navigator tho!

I haven't mentioned my son yet - he's 25yrs old and has not given me a grandchild yet. I'm secretly grateful for that because he's not ready to be a father yet. I predict that will change in the next 3 to 5 years. He's got a plan, the 2yr and 5yr plan. 2yr plan is to buy a house and finish college, not in any certain order. He will then feel as if he is prepared for a child in his life both financially and emotionally. He's going to be an excellent Daddy when he is one!

I'm trying to attach a photo of my grandson - let me know if it comes through! Last year's 1st day of school - he had no front teeth...now he has front teeth, but others are missing...LOL...I'm very biased by my gorgeous handsome handful of a grandchild!!
  • coastalgosgal
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Cute pic, Dorrie! You attached it fine, but if you wish to post it " opened" then click on the landscape in a box option, ( next to the camera box above where you type). I have oogles of pics I've gathered here and there! Katla is another Oregonian up off the Columbia River inlet some. She is awesome!

52wye733e2jm.jpg

Bridge that connects Oregon to Washington State in Astoria.

x70tkwjrxu6j.jpg

Haystack rock, Cannon beach

Becca
    Coastie with the mostie! Haha!

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :)Rye, On Thursdays my line dance class meets right before BINGO so the players start arriving while we are still dancing. So many of them are mobility challenged and seeing them helps me redouble my commitment to walk, dance, lift, and do other exercise as well as eat right. I want to do everything I can to maintain my health and mobility.

:)Heather,you and your husband look fabulous. I hope you have a perfect cruise and enjoy every minute of it.

:)DJ, happy anniversary.

<3 Barbie