Egg fast diet

Options
13»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Kate_NaCoy wrote: »
    I've heard there is a lot of success with an egg fast. As long as you're getting all your calories. I don't see a problem in it. Good luck

Except for being nutrient deficient...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    hpearce123 wrote: »

Straight forward plan = get a calorie goal for weight loss, eat foods you enjoy but make them fit the calorie goal by weighing and measuring everything you put in your mouth.

OK I've have a look through I've never weighed or measured I've just roughly guessed I'll have a look thanks. So do u have what ever you want or do you eat a certain way as you look like a bodybuilder so I'm assuming you could possibly have a very clean diet any examples of meals would be great :)

[/quote]

You don't need to eat "clean" whatever your definition is. You just need to eat fewer calories. Most of use will never look "like bodybuilders" that takes many many months of hard work in the gym (especially for women) and a lower body fat%.

Protein, fiber and fat are filling. Plan your meals around protein (helps retain the muscle you already have). Add some healthy fats. Whole grains, veggies, and fruit will give you some fiber.

Strength training helps retain the muscle you already have too....look for some type if strength exercises.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Kate_NaCoy wrote: »
    I've heard there is a lot of success with an egg fast. As long as you're getting all your calories. I don't see a problem in it. Good luck

Strong first post...

Any consideration for eating a varied diet with balanced nutrition?
    What about for eating foods you enjoy - such a limited diet doesn't sound enjoyable at all?
    What about having realistic expectations regarding weight loss and overall health?

None of those seem like potential problems to you?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LCHF123 wrote: »
    Seriously, don't do it! You'll smell horrific!! My brother decided to "eat like a caveman" a few years ago, but being a broke student ate TONS of eggs as they were cheaper than meat. I went to visit him for a week and for the first four days thought the city he lived in smelt of sulphur. Turns out it was him :open_mouth:

:D:D:D
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 eggs a day. I also eat other food.

If you only eat eggs, how will you poo? You need fiber. Make some omelettes with veggies...and salsa, guacamole, greek yogurt. I'm hungry now.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP is this what you're planning on doing?

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast-diet-menu-plan-low-carb-keto.html

This protocol is usually followed by those well into the ketosis lifestyle.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Was there an article or meme or something on this that I missed? I swear, I'd never heard of this until the last month or so, and this is like the 4th thread I've seen since then.
  • TanJacked
    TanJacked Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been eating keto for a little over 6 months. Almost ever day, I'm saying 25 out of 30 days, I have 6 eggs with sausage, bacon, and cheese for lunch. Sometimes I'll even throw a little Frank's or sriracha on if I'm feeling crazy. I also will often hard boil eggs for a work break snack or pre gym quick meal. Not sure where I was going with this but I love eggs. P.S. I don't stink.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good way to ruin eggs for yourself for life.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Is Tabasco sauce going to be cheating?

Can't be any calories in Tabasco...it's too spicy. :smile: So therefore no calories. :wink: