Dr Oz tolerance to carbs info

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I love the sweet potato wheat thins
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I am partial to the Smoked Gouda and the Balsamic Vinegar and Basil Triscuits

04072CL.GIF
    04446CL.GIF

Rosemary/Olive Oil though
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited August 2017
    I would eat the crap out of Worcestershire chips!!!!

Marks and spencer

Also Walkers (Lays). And yes, they're marvellous. One of the all time great crisp flavours.
    Yes, presumably it has something to do with breaking down starch into sugar. Which everyone can do, barring really strange and problematic health problems, and has nothing to do with "carb tolerance".

But honestly, I've lost interest in this absurd woo. What I'm more interested in is the existence of crackers in flavours like 'bacon' or 'chicken in a biscuit'.

This intrigues me because I understand the US crisp (chip) scene is fairly hidebound to basic seasonings (salt, vinegar, pepper, ranch) and eschews the more exotic crisp flavours that are normal in the UK (bacon, roast beef, worcestershire sauce, fish and chips).

And yet your crackers are apparently a festival of fake dinner tastes that rival Willy Wonka. What gives?

Just gonna leave this here....

t0trjopr1wvu.jpg

I used to love those. I didn't think you could still get them? For the uninitiated, the flavour is supposedly based on some strange old dish called "hedgehog", not our actual prickly friends.

My own exotic crisp recommendation is Golden Wonder Haggis flavour. Really good, convincing, spicy (and not a sheep lung in sight).

ETA they also come in a tartan packet, which is pleasing. Sadly I think they might be limited edition.

I'd certainty rather chew on these than Dr. Oz' raw potato. I have very low raw potato tolerance.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    I don't think I did it corectly. I needed a glass of wine to get through the 3 dry crackers.
    Cheers, h.

Whoa, no cheese?
    How can one eat crackers and drink wine without cheese?!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited August 2017

Marks and spencer

Also Walkers (Lays). And yes, they're marvellous. One of the all time great crisp flavours.
    Yes, presumably it has something to do with breaking down starch into sugar. Which everyone can do, barring really strange and problematic health problems, and has nothing to do with "carb tolerance".

But honestly, I've lost interest in this absurd woo. What I'm more interested in is the existence of crackers in flavours like 'bacon' or 'chicken in a biscuit'.

This intrigues me because I understand the US crisp (chip) scene is fairly hidebound to basic seasonings (salt, vinegar, pepper, ranch) and eschews the more exotic crisp flavours that are normal in the UK (bacon, roast beef, worcestershire sauce, fish and chips).

And yet your crackers are apparently a festival of fake dinner tastes that rival Willy Wonka. What gives?

t0trjopr1wvu.jpg

I used to love those. I didn't think you could still get them? For the uninitiated, the flavour is supposedly based on some strange old dish called "hedgehog", not our actual prickly friends.

My own exotic crisp recommendation is Golden Wonder Haggis flavour. Really good, convincing, spicy (and not a sheep lung in sight).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5yXTBGYbuM

eta: I was joking about the Hedgehog taste. I figured it was a brand, not some flavo(u)r.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    This thread gives me hope for humanity.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member

Marks and spencer

t0trjopr1wvu.jpg

Sadly I don't think you can still get them.

I've been living in the US for the past ten years, and at the weekend I stumbled across a shop selling British foodstuffs. My basket was crammed with Quavers, Twiglets, and every flavour of crisp I could get my greedy little hands on. Prawn cocktail, roast chicken, Worcester sauce etc etc. And a big tin of Uncle Joe's Mint Balls.