If my fiance brings home one more package of Oreo's, I might go full-rage.

Options
12346»

Replies

• _NicLovin_
    _NicLovin_ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Relser wrote: »

I dunno about the older generation being any better, a lot of my grandma's recipes start with "add two heaping tablespoons bacon fat".....

Oh my god, yes. Mine too. Almost all of her recipes say that (or variations with chicken fat and beef fat). I remember being a little kid and seeing all those mason jars on the counter or in the fridge. Also, I inherited her big box of recipes, and I swear, aside from the old old family recipes written in Italian and Spanish, the woman could've been an ambassador for Minute Rice.
  • _NicLovin_
    _NicLovin_ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    No... They... Didn't...
    oreo-cookies-made-organic-flour-and-sugar_strange-eco-friendly-product-claims.jpg

Lol. That must mean they're healthy and we should ALL eat them!! GD Nabisco.

Where's the sarcasm button??
  • sydneypo
    sydneypo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is great :smiley: My husband and I cut a lot of the junk and sweets from our cupboards in the beginning of our weight loss journey because it was SO tempting to cheat when you're in the initial sugar/salt detox phase (first 2ish weeks). Now we are about 2.5 months in and I have a much better grip on the implications of my cheats and better overall nutrition understanding. I have no problem fitting 2 Oreos into my calories for the day and leaving the rest in the cupboard. BUT, my hubs has no self-control when it comes to that stuff. He thinks he has to eat the family-size Oreo package or nothing. *sigh :neutral:
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    _NicLovin_ wrote: »
    Relser wrote: »

I dunno about the older generation being any better, a lot of my grandma's recipes start with "add two heaping tablespoons bacon fat".....

Oh my god, yes. Mine too. Almost all of her recipes say that (or variations with chicken fat and beef fat). I remember being a little kid and seeing all those mason jars on the counter or in the fridge. Also, I inherited her big box of recipes, and I swear, aside from the old old family recipes written in Italian and Spanish, the woman could've been an ambassador for Minute Rice.

Yeah, it's off topic, but this totally resonates with me--lard was used in everything when my dad was growing up--even on bread, like butter.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    I assigned mine a cabinet and fridge drawer to keep his junk food in. I have actually considered checking the prices of safes that will fit mutliple clamshell boxes of croissants.

I actually LOL'd.

Yep, get him a drawer to put his stuff in so at least you don't have to see it every time you open the cabinet. I'm a huge sweets person and I swear my ex would buy candy and put it right under my nose every second I tried to be healthy.
  • sydneypo
    sydneypo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    I just saw a commercial for Oreo thins - I might have to try them!

Kid you not, I was so excited to see these last night at Target!! I compared the Regular Stuffed to the Thins though and they are almost exactly the same. Really, there's like no benefit to the Thins. Just get yourself Regular Stuffed and enjoy your cheat :smiley:
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    popelkams wrote: »
    amyepdx wrote: »
    I just saw a commercial for Oreo thins - I might have to try them!

Kid you not, I was so excited to see these last night at Target!! I compared the Regular Stuffed to the Thins though and they are almost exactly the same. Really, there's like no benefit to the Thins. Just get yourself Regular Stuffed and enjoy your cheat :smiley:

Regular 3 = 160 cals 53 each
    Thin 4 = 140 cals 35 each

Either way, not a "cheat" - just food.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You're going to need to separate yourself from him in regards to eating. It can be very hard in a relationship when one partner has to eat differently. I think you need to have a really serious talk with him and let him know just how important this is to you. Let him know that if he wants sweets, he needs to use a little discretion for awhile. Maybe hide them in the car or go out for sweets for awhile. Let him know it isn't a Permanent thing. Just until you have some control. If he cares about you, he will make some changes for you. That's how a partnership needs to work. You can't ask him to make the same changes you are if he doesn't need to, but he isn't respecting your problem, or taking it seriously at all. What if you were diabetic? Would he just do whatever he wanted then? Because if you kept eating unhealthy, in a few years, you may be faced with just that. So you may find out. I'm not saying you should have a fight... a compromise! That's what partners do. Or else you'll just need to be hard as nails. Find your own support. Good luck!