Replies

• Spella
    Spella Posts: 1
    Options
    super hard:sad:
  • shrtcwgrl
    shrtcwgrl Posts: 18
    Options
    OMG! Its hard enough for me to my 1200 calories! Now I have to eat those other calories I burn off?!?!?! UGH!:sad: :laugh: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Good post! I love to research the human body and how it works (guess that's why I have a career working in surgery.) Any additional info I can absorb is awesome! Thanks again!
  • momof5
    momof5 Posts: 11
    Options
    Very helpful info for us "newbies"! (Although for myself anyway I will have to read it a few times before I can absorb it all!) I assume this refers to over a period of time... i.e. if I have one day where I only eat for example 1000 of my 1200 calories and burn off 200 calories without making them up (not that it's likely to happen!) this won't throw me all out of whack will it? Just one day?

PS I really am a newbie... what is bumping?
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    :laugh: no no momof5, 1 day won't kill your plan. and bumping is just adding a reply to a post to keep it at the top of the post list so people can read it, it can be anything but many people put bump (or some derivative thereof) just to show that they liked it, want people to read it, but don't really have anything to add to it right now.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Bump! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for taking the time, Banks!
  • banks1850
    Options
    As always, it's my pleasure. :glasses:
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Awesome Awesome post. I think this should be not only in the message boards, but put somewhere that every newbie reads when joining the site. It explained and washed away any doubts I may have had about eating exercise calories. BUMP.
  • butterfly2008
    Options
    GREAT JOB BANKS BUMP
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    :huh: is now replaced with :bigsmile:

BRAVO

BUMP ON
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My first bump!
  • banks1850
    Options
    :huh: is now replaced with :bigsmile:

BRAVO

BUMP ON

Heh, that was pretty ingenious. I LIKE IT!
  • cwalbrj
    cwalbrj Posts: 61
    Options
    Thanks Banks ! This was really interesting and cleared up some questions.. BUMP !
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks Banks! I always search for your posts and try to read each one. They are always extremely informative and provide me with more motivational points to continue the journey!

I am at a loss though....am I the only one that has absolutely no problem eating all my calories?! 1200 calories doesn't seem like too many to me. I run an hour every day so that I can get 500 - 600 more calories! I wish I wasn't hungry a lot but boy oh boy am I!!! I just keep trying to eat the right things. BORING :yawn:

I seem to hit a plateau about every 3 weeks. I then change up my running plan...add more distance, more speed, or find a harder path to run (more hills etc) I also try to switch out 1 -2 days of running to do light weight lifting, knowing that muscle will burn fat even at rest. Does this happen to anyone else? Is this when you need to add a handful of calories to spark the metabolism? Any suggestions?
  • banks1850
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks Banks! I always search for your posts and try to read each one. They are always extremely informative and provide me with more motivational points to continue the journey!

I am at a loss though....am I the only one that has absolutely no problem eating all my calories?! 1200 calories doesn't seem like too many to me. I run an hour every day so that I can get 500 - 600 more calories! I wish I wasn't hungry a lot but boy oh boy am I!!! I just keep trying to eat the right things. BORING :yawn:

I seem to hit a plateau about every 3 weeks. I then change up my running plan...add more distance, more speed, or find a harder path to run (more hills etc) I also try to switch out 1 -2 days of running to do light weight lifting, knowing that muscle will burn fat even at rest. Does this happen to anyone else? Is this when you need to add a handful of calories to spark the metabolism? Any suggestions?

That's one way buckeye, and good for you for doing that. A lot of people would have just gotten discouraged and given up in your situation. Thanks for the kudos, I appreciate it. By the way, you are definitely not the only one who finds it easy to eat all your calories, I see at least 3 or 4 posts a day saying the same thing. One thing I can suggest, there are certain food types that are more dense then others, they provide you with the "full" feeling quicker and longer, without having significantly more calories. you can go here for a good article on it.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss/NU00195
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Thanks Banks! I already read that too! I told you...if you post it, I read it. I will keep forging ahead...I know it's a long process! I didn't put the weight on in a few short weeks...I won't expect to take it off any faster either!

Thanks again for all your help!:smile:
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just joined today and the information is a great help to me understanding what I have to do.

• REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    BUMP i think everyone should read this :bigsmile:
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    BUMP :happy:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bumpin:bigsmile: