For those confused or questioning "Eating your exercise calo

Options

Replies

• Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    WOW thank u for writing that article on metabolism and eating ur calories.. I will have to print it out and re-read to fully understand it... it takes me a while to understand these technical terms and jargon...
    im no einstein

But I try...

:smooched:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisamgould
    lisamgould Posts: 68
    Options
    Bump
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    "Food is fuel, not a fall back option for everything that goes wrong in life."
    :smile:
    nice
    I like that.
    :bigsmile:
    I just told my daughter today that mashed potatoes would not make the people she works with be nicer.
    :huh:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Bumpity bump:tongue:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Banks, thanks for the great info. I'm also a newbie and had no idea what bumping you meant so I learned that too. :laugh:
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    this is such an amazing break down. :-) thanks!
  • melssyl
    melssyl Posts: 66
    Options
    Thanks for the great explaination... it's good to know how the tools work.. !!! Stay Blessed!!
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks Banks!! This is some wonderful info and I greatly appreciate all your time and research you put in to help all of us. THANKS!!!!! :smile:
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Well said, Bravo!! :drinker:
  • SweetAzn
    SweetAzn Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting Banks! It's funny...just the other day I was talking to my mom about this and we both weren't sure why. Now I can explain to her. Thanks again!:happy:
  • sina1215
    sina1215 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the info - not sure what the exact formula is for me but will do some experimenting as to how much and what type of calories are needed.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting Banks! It's funny...just the other day I was talking to my mom about this and we both weren't sure why. Now I can explain to her. Thanks again!:happy:

lol, your avatar is awesome!

You guys are most welcome.

FYI, I'm Banks, I had to add a new username for various reasons that you probably wouldn't care about.
  • SweetAzn
    SweetAzn Posts: 195 Member
    Options

lol, your avatar is awesome!

You guys are most welcome.

FYI, I'm Banks, I had to add a new username for various reasons that you probably wouldn't care about.

Lol...thanx! :bigsmile: That's one of my dogs...she was dressed up for Halloween!
  • TeenTchr
    TeenTchr Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you!!! I think I'll hug you!. I thought I was preety smart when it came to nutrition but this explained things I hadn't understood before. I have change my meal preferences to 6 times a day and I am making sure I spread my calories out. I'm looking forward to greater results:flowerforyou:
    148904.png
  • jessweis
    jessweis Posts: 4
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thank you that helped clarify the whole thing for me. A personal trainer told me to try this website, I have been on about a week now and I love it. THX
  • soletravlr
    Options
    Thanks for your very comprehensive and well thought out answer. That is extremely clear. :smile:
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    OK, so newbie with a question....I find that I am having a hard time eating all of my calories in a day (set at 1,400) but I also dont excercise nearly as much as I should...

so... 1. when I do excercise should I still eat my cals??

and....2. I am a carb freak! If I am eating within my cals and carbs but slightly over on my protiens am I still in a good weightloss range??

I am confused because of the NO CARB diets that limit this to next to nothing and am finding MFP to be MUCH too easy compared to all of the other diets I have tried over the last 10 yrs!!!

Thanks!
    You guys are great!
  • pttarh2o
    pttarh2o Posts: 2
    Options
    BUMP... well i hope i "bumpped" right sry if i didnt