Thanks for the info!
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Banks, you can't just give a link to the Mayo Clinic's website that explains metabolism (sort of) and say it's citing your cause.

*sigh*

"Weight gain is more likely due to an energy imbalance — consuming more calories than your body burns. To lose weight, then, you need to create an energy deficit by eating fewer calories, increasing the number of calories you burn through physical activity, or preferably both."

...that doesn't prove your claim!

Okay, you just said what banks has been saying all along, (only in your own judgemental way.) And yes, that quote from Mayo does prove the claim. Maybe try to get a bit more exercise, it is good for the stress in your life.

bump.
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Oh yay, thanks for explaining "bump"!!! And I agree, this is an awesome post. I was just thinking this morning about how I'm going to eat my exercise calories, and deciding if it was worth it or not. Now I see it IS! I'm going to grab a snack right now ...
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Bump

Great site. Great explaination.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    bump.jpg
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    bump bump
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    bump.jpg

haha you so funny...
    bump.gif
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    bump.jpg

haha you so funny...
    bump.gif

that was written by my own fair mouse hand, in paint lol,

cough

bump
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    pirate-capin.gif
  • hopeful2
    hopeful2 Posts: 2
    Options
    I did not know that you were suppose to eat your exercise calories, thank you for all your time and research on this, it will help me starting today. : :happy:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    I haven't been eating enough! BUMP
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    BUMP
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    Definitely oneo f my struggles!! Thanks!:bigsmile:
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Do I have to eat more calories because I've exercized my right to BUMP? :laugh:
  • rhonda79
    rhonda79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever get this. :ohwell: I don't eat my 1200 calories, I'm suppose to in a day and then when I exercise I get more to eat. there's no way :grumble: I can it all that. my prob is eating more fat then I'm suppose to. :laugh: This is going to kill me trying to understand all this. :wink:

oh by the way Bump :smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    think of it like a car.

If it takes you 1/2 a tank every week to drive to and from work, then that's how much gas you need. But think of exercise as... say a trip to the mall after work, you need to add the extra gas to get there and back. If you put 1/2 a tank of gas in for the week, well, you can't expect to go to the mall right? Cuz you will (literally and figuratively) run out of gas.
    The only difference is, in a car, you simply run out of gas. With your body, instead of just running out of energy, your body will start shutting things down (like, organs, metabolism...etc) so that it uses less energy, also it will pull energy from other areas like muscles and other lean body mass (thus reducing your lean mass, which is bad).

That's really over simplistic, but it's close enough to get the idea.
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    very VERY good analogy my man, banks. Thanks again.