Am I the only one who thinks greek yogurt is GROSS?!

Options

Replies

• jahowell
    jahowell Posts: 67
    Options
    Reminds me of vomit
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    [
  • IzzyM210
    IzzyM210 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use it as sour cream mainly,sometimes sweetened with honey for granola and fruit. :-) It's not gross to me.
  • jahowell
    jahowell Posts: 67
    Options
    Ive tried them all......still reminds me of vomit
  • peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    .75- 1 cup "ish" plain greek yogurt
    .25-.5 cups "ish" mango puree
    3 tablespoons fake sugar
    5 ice cubes and a bit of water

blend in personal size blender.

the best shake you have ever had and only about 150-200 calories.
    Options
    [
  • kiparnold
    kiparnold Posts: 1
    Options
    No you aren't the only one! YUCK!
    Options
    bump
    Options
    Awww, Don't judge them ALL unless you've tried them ALL. The first few I tried were bitter, and I was turned off too.
    A friend told me to buy several brands and taste-test them.

BTW,
    my husband doesn't care for the texture, so he mixes his regular with 50% Dannon Oikos vanilla, and now his regular yogurt
    is far less appealing. Go Greek!
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    rather get my calcium some where else like cheese or from milk.
    Options
    sorry double post
    Options
    bump
    Options
    [
    Options
    [
    Options
    [
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not reading through all the pages of replies. I hate it too and just don't understand the hype about it aside from that it's packed with protein. The texture is way too thick! :noway:

That being said, Target had some Siggi, Iceland style yogurt on sale once and I bought a ton. It's thick (label says 3 times the milk,) all organic, free range cows, barely sweetened with cane sugar, lf, etc. On it's own - yuck. Too thick, not sweet enough, nothing like my favorite thinner and sweet regular Yoplait and similar regular yogurts.

However, when stirred well then mixed with 1 cup of thawed frozen berries and 1/3 cup lf granola...the berry juice thins it out while the granola adds texture and both add sweetness. It really fills me up and has slowed down night time snacking. It also provides me with a lot of nutrients. (I still have the sweet stuff on occasion though.)

I'm a firm believer though in if you don't like it, don't eat it. I loath the texture of oatmeal. (It's like vomit.) Will not, cannot eat it no matter how many people and nutritional experts tell me how heart healthy it is. I'll eat other things in it's place, thanks.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried a lot, but I do like Fage (either 2% or 0%). I can't stand Chobani. It's way too sour for me.
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think all yogurt is gross.

Yogurt. Cottage Cheese. Spoiled milk made products. UUUUGGGHHHH NNNNOOOO!!!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I think all yogurt/cheese/cottage cheese, etc is gross......I'd rather die than eat it.

slightly excessive hate for greek yoghurt :laugh:

Plain is very average.

I normally add pb, cinnamon and maple syrup (and fruit if I want more carbs).
    or mix in some protein powder or sf pudding mix

I have been known to eat 900g tubs of chobani in one sitting no probs :happy:
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    I think all yogurt/cheese/cottage cheese, etc is gross......I'd rather die than eat it.

slightly excessive hate for greek yoghurt :laugh:

Plain is very average.

I normally add pb, cinnamon and maple syrup (and fruit if I want more carbs).
    or mix in some protein powder or sf pudding mix

I have been known to eat 900g tubs of chobani in one sitting no probs :happy:

I'm the same way, but for me it has to do with the texture... and that when I was in preschool, I got sick right after eating a little bit of cottage cheese on a piece of peach, and I've never forgiven it. I still remember the taste and texture... *gag*