Tattoo: Would you tell your S/O?

Options

Replies

• BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    It's my body my choice. Although it is easier for me as my husband and I have similar tastes.

^^^^^^ Here is a perfect example of a beautiful work of art. This is not even close to being "trashy", to be close minded to such beauty is almost criminal.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    It's my body my choice.
    I say that exact same thing to my wife when I share my body with other women..My body my choice

/sarcasm for those who are slow or just hate men who have an actual backbone
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My gut reaction is that you should tell him since you know it will not go over well. Do not ask his permission..Just say you are doing it and why. This is if you want it that badly. You need to ask yourself if its worth causing an issue in your relationship. I think lying by omission will have a more deleterious effect on your relationship because you will weaken trust.

My ex husband did this. He went off and got a tattoo in South Korea. I was pretty upset he didn't discuss it with me first. I felt left out. Then again, I doubt I would have agreed to what he chose (he put "Drinky Crow") on his calve. He didn't even know what the cartoon was! I must admit that a depressed crow with an addiction ends up suiting him well.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    It's my body my choice.
    I say that exact same thing to my wife when I share my body with other women..My body my choice

There's nothing wrong with an open relationship
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    It's my body my choice.

So are you saying that the wife should have her husband's permission to get a tattoo? Or are you just railing against a woman's autonomy in general?
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    sounds like the key to a successful marriage

Says the DB with a wife and a girlfriend according to your other post....

tumblr_m5rbn39SHo1rwcc6bo1_500.gif&sa=X&ei=29v2UeOhKoGY9QT3mIGACA&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFNO8N7ITbqpSqzVlxK1J0Rltspyw

Yeah... I'll say again I was the one who called him out as a troll on the other post... I should have said... says the DB who jokes about cheating on his other post....
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    It's my body my choice.

So are you saying that the wife should have her husband's permission to get a tattoo? Or are you just railing against a woman's autonomy in general?
    No, just responding to the people who can't take a joke and reponded negatively to the other poster
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    It's my body my choice.

No, just responding to the people who can't take a joke and reponded negatively to the other poster

Gotcha. There should be a "joke" emoticon, or at least a "sarcasm" or "snark" one.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    tattoos are trashy... only for low class and criminals
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    tattoos are trashy... only for low class and criminals

lmao, nice chest piece :laugh: and you don't look like a criminal, or trashy
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Get it. You are your own person and no one should be telling you what you can and can't do. It's a damn tattoo, people are trippin' acting like she's cheating or something. You do what makes you happy, hun. :) xoxo
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I thought this topic was,

Would you sell your SO?

And yes, I would.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    My thoughts:

Well from the "hubby's" point of view, I have to totally agree with HIM. When my wife mentioned the possibility of getting a small tattoo I told her that it would be fine, her next husband would probably like it. No argument, no further conversation was needed.

Love it when one of the first posts manages to be: 1) derogative/dismissive towards his spouse, 2) almost deliberately inflammatory,and 3) so absurd I could throw up a dozen times into my own mouth and still prefer the rank stench of my own breath to reading anything else from this poster.

On a more light-hearted note...
    9fc.gif
    60a.gif
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I agree it is your body/your choice. That being said, I try hard to maintain my appearance to attract my husband, not turn him off. You're running a huge risk here IMO.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I agree it is your body/your choice. That being said, I try hard to maintain my appearance to attract my husband, not turn him off. You're running a huge risk here IMO.

Surely if the fat and stretch marks didn't turn him off.... lol
  • sizzle74
    Options

Has he told you they do? Because fat/stretch marks (likely from a baby?) and tattoos are very different things.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

Has he told you they do? Because fat/stretch marks (likely from a baby?) and tattoos are very different things.

I know, I was kidding. I'm definitely going to talk to him. In hindsight, it was really stupid of me to be scared. If he gets angry and starts a fight then he's the one in the wrong. If he gets angry and yells after I do it, I'm the one in the wrong. Hopefully we can discuss this in a reasonable manner tonight and no one is wrong :)
  • sizzle74
    Options

I know, I was kidding. I'm definitely going to talk to him. In hindsight, it was really stupid of me to be scared. If he gets angry and starts a fight then he's the one in the wrong. If he gets angry and yells after I do it, I'm the one in the wrong. Hopefully we can discuss this in a reasonable manner tonight and no one is wrong :)

*like* :)
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

tumblr_m5rbn39SHo1rwcc6bo1_500.gif&sa=X&ei=29v2UeOhKoGY9QT3mIGACA&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFNO8N7ITbqpSqzVlxK1J0Rltspyw

Yeah... I'll say again I was the one who called him out as a troll on the other post... I should have said... says the DB who jokes about cheating on his other post....

You should look up the true definition of troll. That was not it.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

You should look up the true definition of troll. That was not it.
    QFT.

19789999.jpg