WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Mary: Sending prayers for a safe journey and a happy life in AZ. :flowerforyou:

Allie: Let the good times roll! You deserve a LONG streak of happiness. :heart:

Karen in NY: I waver between "Thanks for the tip," and silence as an appropriate response to the guy in the gym. Maybe he was attempting to flirt. :ohwell:

DJ: Thanks for the love & good thoughts. Back atcha! :smiley:

Joyce: I hope the colonoscopy goes well. I had one, but do a less invasive home poop test instead these days. It is gross, but has the advantage of no surgery and no colonoscopy prep. :bigsmile:

Michele: I respect your no artificial sweetener stance and also embrace it. The stevia I use isn't an artificial sweetener. It is natural, and only a little bit sweet. Once in a while I use a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee, usually at restaurants. :smile:

Machka: Congrats to Kate and William. :smile:

Kelly: I'm sorry that you can't sit with DMIL in the hospital, but I don't see anything to feel guilty about. Perhaps you can visit by phone with her or one of the other visitors and get the message to her that you wish you could be there but the germ risk is too high. (((HUGS)))

Pip: Sending good thoughts for dry roads for you and all the riders. Thank you for your efforts to help end MS. :star:

Happy Labor Day!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Good morning and a happy Labor Day to those of you in the U.S.!

If you've ever enjoyed weekends, lunch breaks, paid holidays, sick leave, vacation, 40-hour work weeks, etc., thank a labor union!

Heather - Thanks for your kind words! I used to take off by myself all the time. Time and money constraints have prevented it in recent years, but I'm committed to reclaiming those trips even if I have to stick a little closer to home.

Joyce - I agree with you - stubbornness and persistence are two sides of the same coin. I suspect being too stubborn to quit has seen any number of marriages through a rough spot or two!

Cheri - Oh, that football game... our Aggies are experts in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! But at least the first half proved they've got what it takes if they can just keep it together.

DJ - Mmmm, chocolate bran muffins! Sounds delicious! I do muffins a lot when the weather is cooler. Right now I just make lists of recipes to make when I feel like turning on the oven.

Being a freelancer, today is a regular work day for me. So I guess I'd better get a coffee refill then hop to it. Whatever you're doing today, I hope you enjoy it!

-Yvonne in TX
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    @fanncy0626 Mary, I didn't realize you were moving to AZ! Leaving Minnesota? My dad (lives near Brainerd, MN) has a winter home in Mesa, AZ where he goes a few months every year.

Safe travels to you and good luck in your new adventure!

Tracie in WI
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,598 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi all!
    Had a treat this evening. :D DH cooked dinner. :D I heard him say the other day that he hadn't cooked in ages. He used to cook a couple of times a week, but with my calorie counting I preferred to know exactly what was going in my food so i did nearly all of it. But he was obviously missing it, so I asked him if he would like to cook tonight as he was doing the food shopping this afternoon. He was shopping because he will be out at cricket for four days taking our only car and needs lunches etc. plus veg and fruit for dinners, breakfasts. I suggested he make one of his best dishes - stir fry - and we had a very nice chicken and veg dish. I needed extra salt on mine, but otherwise it was good. :D<3 I prepared some shiritaki noodles earlier for me so he only had to put the heat under them for a couple of minutes.

He will be at cricket all this week, so I can have my "funny" food for lunch. >:) On Thursday my friend is coming for lunch and it is all prepared apart from the hummus. I haven't made that because I have completely run out of freezer space. :sad: I have two big freezers, but they are bursting with our home grown fruit at the moment. No room to make Edie's birthday cake. :/

I've been spending far too much time looking for a birthday present from DH to me. He always gets me little surprises to open, <3 but the main present I usually tell him what to get. :bigsmile: I was thinking of a sparkly dress/top for next year's cruise, but I can't make my mind up. I might just buy something really cheap and cheerful from Amazon as I won't wear it often, if ever again. Then I decided on real gold earrings as I am sensitive to other metals, but haven't succeeded in locating exactly the right pair on line. I am very fussy. :o We will be in Hove for my actual birthday, so I think we can trawl around the shops together. Brighton is famous for its jewellery shops in The Lanes, so I think that is the best idea. My ear lobes were quite painful on the cruise when I was wearing earrings all day, every day.

Lots of love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Happy Labor Day to all!

Hugs to those who are struggling.

High fives for those who are celebrating.

Wishing happy grandbaby thoughts for Lenora.

Loved reading the gym comebacks; I'm stealing Lisa's.

We are off to see The Hitman's Bodyguard at 3.

Take care, Meg from Omaha where the weather is nice but the air is hazy from fires.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,058 Member
    lhscapil wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    was just told about 60% chance of rain during the ride... oh well... high of 75 at least. hope it changes

Pip
    - when/where is this one? Sorry, I lost track!

Lanette

base is at skagit valley fairgrounds at mount Vernon wa. thats where we will be Friday as soon as they open to get our spot. goes around whidbey island. probably messed the spelling up but u get the idea
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Peach1948 wrote: »

Felicia So sorry that you are tired. Are you a teacher?

I am an administrator, so I shouldn't be as tired as I am. I used to be in the classroom, so I have a healthy respect for the work involved in actually teaching.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Taking a break from technology folks. Everyone have a great rest of the month! I will type in October. Hugs!
    Becca
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited September 2017

[is b]Cheri[/b] - Oh, that football game... our Aggies are experts in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! But at least the first half proved they've got what it takes if they can just keep it together.

-Yvonne in TX[/quote]

Imagine my shock when I got up this morning and the hubs told me the results! I went to bed around 930pm thinking they have the first game in the bag. Geesh!

Cheri

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Felicia I think a lot of us here were/are teachers. I taught 5th grade for 30 yrs. LOL
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    B)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    App ate my reply.:(

So just the exercise stats:

2500 meters swim + 400 meters kick practice. Crawl and breaststroke in reasonable shape considering, now adding backstoke ( much tougher for me) to the mix.

Rye in TX