ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Becca ~ Belated Happy Anniversary!

Awe Peach, it was actually like any other day.
    I did cook extra carefully, making the steak seared perfectly! I sprinkled a bit of salt & pepper, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs on the steaks. Then I flashed seared it, and took it off the heat. When the scalloped potatoes came out of the oven I reheated the steaks. So the steaks were medium on the outside, and medium rare on the inside. I don't eat much steak these days but sometimes it tastes really good. I must be protein starved! I tossed green beans with some garlic infused olive oil dressing, then cooked it on low with a pat of butter. I had first cut up two slices of bacon and used the drippings to sear the steaks. Then I put the cut up bacon pieces into the green beans with pepper. Thank goodness I only make this meal every couple of months!
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    <3Mary what a tough time for you and your hubby. Sending hugs
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary: (((HUGS))) I hope the right job turns up soon so that you and DH can get settled and move on with enjoying life.:heart:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Mary - I don't blame your DH for not wanting to work for unethical people. If they can't get their act together on hiring him, perhaps it's a sign that working for them would continue to be a cluster! Yes, he needs to tell the competition he's available!!

Becca - belated anniversary wishes! It's the first time in a long time that it was just you and DH to celebrate w/o kid/kids around. Your meal sounded wonderful. Cute rock!!

Barbie
    - glad your friend made it thru the surgery and is doing well! Bet it was nice to hear her voice on the phone! I too love the "cranberry" gate. I've always loved red doors on houses and this is the next best thing.

I asked a friend of mine who was in banking for many years about the Equifax fiasco. He said he's not going to get excited about it - he and his wife don't plan on applying for any loans and he knows his credit score - and his info didn't show as compromised on the Equifax website. He doesn't think Lifelock and similar credit monitoring agencies are worth the money.

I see our credit score on the Discover Card website each month when I go on to reconcile the credit card.

I read suggestion to go ahead and get the annual credit report (free) every 4 months - since it's available free once a year, a person can do just Equifax, then Trans Union 4 months after that, then Experian 4 months after that and so forth since they all pretty much reflect the same info. If you spot a discrepancy, go after it, especially you need to be applying for loans. Even if you aren't, a low credit rating can mean higher insurance rates.

A tangled up system, that's for sure.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    :heart:
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    oh Mary <3<3 sending you strength. Sounds like such a frustrating, infuriating situation. Others have spoken with more insight about next steps. I just hope for you to 1. Take on no guilt about moving because your health is very very important and 2. Know that your talented husband is going to line up an excellent job.

I am anxious after a phone call with DD, she is excitedly planning on school abroad and and full semester internship in DC, she is growing up and flying without a net and I am proud and terrified all at the same time. I thought sending her to college was a big enough step now she wants to travel the world and live on her own in a metropolitan area (not to mention the swamp of politics in DC)!!! Oh boy :s and I'm overeating :(
    NYKAREN
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Sharon, I am so sorry for all the hurtful things your husband said to you. What a horse's behind!

Kim, you are allowed to be afraid of anything you want. We can't help our fears. Personally, I'm not a big fan of elevators. I have nightmares about them.

As for the Equifax fiasco, it does say I was affected. I plan to monitor my credit myself using credit Karma.

Marcylyn, I can't imagine the cleanup involved. Thank you for helping your friend.

That's all I have time for today.

K

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    I am tucked into bed with my pal Buddy.. and Faith is in bed too. long day and seeing my brother say goodbye to the dog for a couple of weeks had me in tears.. will check in ,in the am..
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »

I am anxious after a phone call with DD, she is excitedly planning on school abroad and and full semester internship in DC, she is growing up and flying without a net and I am proud and terrified all at the same time. I thought sending her to college was a big enough step now she wants to travel the world and live on her own in a metropolitan area (not to mention the swamp of politics in DC)!!! Oh boy :s and I'm overeating :(
    NYKAREN

I lived in the DC Metro area for nearly 10 years. I loved it. It is an amazing place. I miss the galleries and museums and especially the Library of Congress -- that's where I did most of my research. I worked for a short time as a writing consultant at the DC Department of Probation and Parole during the Kenneth Starr hearings. What a circus. But it was exciting to be in the center of everything -- presidential motorcades, politicians. I attended Clinton's first inauguration parade. I'm not a political person (and certainly not a Clinton fan), but it was still wonderful. I have taken my kids to DC a couple times, and they are always surprised at how in my element I am there. I adore it.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• OregonMother
    Options
    I'm sorry, Mary. That is so disappointing.
  • OregonMother
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    I have talked a lot before about my finicky eating Pom. Tonight, I made him a bowl of buttered rice, chicken, beef, and a tiny bit of ham for flavor. Somehow, a green pea ended up in the bowl. When the bowl was empty, there was one green pea remaining. LOL

:lol: I love our animals so much.
  • OregonMother
    Options
    My hubby is going to drive me crazy about this vacation. Now he wants to go to Havana. Yes, Cuba.

I mentioned to him in passing that I would love to go to Cuba. I really would. But have you looked at the travel restrictions for that place? One of them is that you must carry cash, for everything. No credit cards. Second, you can't just go as a tourist; you have to have some kind of purpose for going. He said, "Well, we can just arrange for a tour of a school. As educators, that's a legitimate reason." Oh, my. I told him I just can't do that. I do wish to go to Cuba, but now is not a good time. He said, "Well, it's only fun if it's difficult to get in." My anxiety level is going up just thinking about it.

I said, I just want the beaches of Baja. :sunglasses: As Katla mentioned, that's risky behavior enough. I've looked at the travel advisories for Baja a dozen times since yesterday. I just keep telling myself, "Well, I visit Chicago all the time . . . as many murders there as there are in Baja." :grimace:

We'll see where we end up. I hate drama. I just want to get to a warm beach somewhere. Is that too much for a girl to ask for in December??? :smirk:

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

so the marathon training begins, ughhh....

bike ride hm 2 new gym- 4.39min, 134mhr, 11.5amph. .8mi = 64c
    apple watch- 37c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 11.51min, 15.5amph, 140mhr, 3mi = 117c
    appple watch-
    jog treadmill - 45min, 10.31min mi, 5.7-6.7sp, 150mhr, 4.36mi = 436c
    apple watch- 128c
    ride bike puy 2 sumn sta- 14.07min, 152mhr, 12.9amph, 3mi= 140c
    apple watch- 128c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.27min, 153mhr, 10.26min mi, .5mi = 66c
    apple watch- 46c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.01min, 9.48min mi, 150mhr, .5mi = 71c
    apple watch- 63c