WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Gals,

I read through everything but oddly enough the only thing that continually pops into my mind is Janet "pimping" out her husband. lol (just kidding Janet). It made me laugh though when she said... well how much $$ are we talking about? lol

Need to run 12 miles this weekend but instead I'm headed to New Mexico to see my father-in-law. My husband tries to get out to visit him every month but Harvey interfered with those plans. Don't really want to run 12 miles at 6500 ft. elevation when I'm used to sea level so I'm going to try to get out and do it tomorrow morning first thing while it's cool. As long as I remember mosquito spray I'm good.

My husband had some skin cancer removed this morning. Small basal cell carcinoma spots. They said they got it all and he needs to come back in 3 months for a check. The hazards of being light skinned and easily sunburned.

A lot of people in Houston still dealing with Harvey. About 20,000 still in shelters and without a place to go. My problems are nothing compared to what they are dealing with.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,131 Member
    Options
    Carol/Peach- thanks! We tried to make it like home for all of us including Shep. We are very happy here.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,063 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    (((Meg)))

Carol when we got a new floor in the 90's they would not take up the two floors that were already here because of the worry of asbestos. They laid the new floor on top. As long as you do not disrupt something with asbestos it is fine. It is when you start tearing things apart it becomes a problem.

Mary looks very cozy!

I had a fun Kinder class yesterday. Getting yard work done today. Tomorrow or Friday hope to volunteer in friend's class.

:heart: Margaret
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    (((((Meg))))) <3
    We have a similar thing going on in DH 's family. Horrible stress for all concerned. He is very lucky to have you. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Meg - Best of wishes to you and really hoping things go well.

Vicki - Sleep is the one thing I can not get any more either although a regular routine has helped a little and no
    devices 30 min before bed and reading a book right before sleep it seems to relax me. Sounds like you need a
    good vacation take some time fore yourself.

Yvonne - 10 fold peace to you
    Katla - Love yoga - yuck do not like flu shots get the flu if I get one

Felicia - Hope you feel better soon. a few squats is better than none at all don't beat yourself up.

Fanncy - Hope DH gets job soon - good luck.

bwcetc - loving the warm weather

Heather - the salmon sounds amazing hope you enjoyed it and also company with your friend.

Marcelynh - wow good for you and the running I could not make it one mile for running. Yes we are so lucky too
    hopefully things in Texas will improve soon.

Elaine in Iowa

252/226/213/216/199
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,578 Member
    Options
    katla yup, that b kirby
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Marcelyn - wrote "I read through everything but oddly enough the only thing that continually pops into my mind is Janet "pimping" out her husband. lol (just kidding Janet). It made me laugh though when she said... well how much $$ are we talking about? lol"

That cracked me up because I told my husband I wanted to write, that's called "pimping" isn't it but that I didn't want to offend anyone, so wrote what I did. I did write "isn't there a name for that?" Glad somebody got it lol

Janetr OKC

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    Options
    :)Meg, meditation is a practice that helps you train your mind to focus and stay in the moment. I learned this practice from reading "10% Happier " by Dan Harris. I chose a time when my house is quiet. I sit in a comfortable chair with my back straight, hands in my lap and eyes closed. I started with 3 minutes. I use the timer on my phone. I concentrate on my breath mentally thinking "breathe in breathe out" When my mind wanders (which ithe does a lot), I just return to noticing my breath. Each day or so I increase the time by 5 seconds. I do the same thing lying in bed to go to sleep
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up Daughter and DSIL arrived late last night. Autopsy results showed his brother did when his aorta ruptured from his heart. Said he died before he hit the floor. So sad.
    Mary- so glad you are happy in AZ. Your place does look comfy.
    Meg- you and your DH are in my prayers. Take deep breaths <3 .
    Janet - you are so funny. Your DH does good work. Better keep him.
    Thanks for all the condolences. You guys are like family.
    SueBDew in TX where it is 99 degrees right now.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    hooray Becca congrats to your son.

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Becca that is totally awesome. Such good news for all of you.

Janetr okc
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Becca!!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    (((Becca and Son)))
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,063 Member
    Options
    Becca congratulations to your son!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary: Shep is gorgeous as always. Your trailer site looks fabulous and comfortable. Keeping my fingers crossed that DH finds just the right job. :star:

Heather: I hope your visit with your friend will be a pleasure for both of you. :flowerforyou:

Marcelyn: I am so glad that your home is secure and your problems are manageable. :flowerforyou:

Elaine in Iowa: I got my flu shot today and it was not painful or difficult. The person giving the shot knew her business. :smiley: As a teacher I got a flu shot every year. Sometimes they guessed right & I was protected and sometimes it was ineffective. I still get one annually. DH does not due to his immune issues-which seems backwards to me. :ohwell:

Janetr: If he was a female we'd call it primping but I think guys can primp, too. Dictionary.com: 1.to dress or adorn with care, 2. to groom oneself carefully.

Becca: Congratulations to Owain and you for his successful completion of boot camp! :star:

I got a message from my riding teacher today that I'm sure she sent to all of her students. She won't be teaching regularly this fall because of school and work obligations. I am so grateful for her teaching. I hope to see her now and then in the future. I'll still be riding Arrow for the next while & he & I will teach each other.

I have a Bone Density scan tomorrow in Portland. I think I'll take myself and leave DH at home. My doctor is concerned about my various broken bones over the past few years and wants more information. I regularly take medicine, alondrate, and also do weight-bearing exercises like yoga. I don't lift weights, though.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche