What 'healthy' foods did you ultimately give up on?

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Kale. Bitter and disgusting fibrous crap.

You obviously haven't been massaging your kale before eating. Shame shame.

I'm not even kidding. Google it. I've never tried it but it's supposed to make the kale sweeter and softer. That said, I wonder why people would go through the hassle of doing this, why not buy baby spinach instead?

Spinach is more expensive where I live, which makes sense since it's much more fussy about temperature when growing. Kale is a super hardy vegetable to grow.
  • EllieElla2015
    EllieElla2015 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I could never ever do chia seeds and I really TRIED.

I also can’t do low fat cheese- the absolute worse. I’d rather just allocate 100 calories for full fat cheese than eat 50 calories of rubber
  • mrvikingman
    mrvikingman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Reduced/lite versions of dressing. They just taste bad to me. If I really want to go with a low calorie dressing I just use some red wine vinegar now.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Kale haters, try flat leaf lacinato kale - not nearly as tough and makes the best chips.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Another one I thought of is buying specialty peanut, cashew, coconut, etc. spreads without first looking up reviews by either food bloggers/professional food reviewers or looking up reviews on Amazon, Vitamin Shoppe, etc. This basically goes for any kind of specialty product (protein bar, protein pudding, etc.). Now I don't necessarily base my buying opinion on one person, but try to get a sense of what the majority thinks.

943-0001.jpg

I bought this one a few years ago without looking at reviews (bought at GNC & was one of the only times I have ever returned a food item) & was horrified at how awful it tasted. In hindsight I wish I would have Googled reviews.

This spread tasted like
    Vomit!

I was shocked at how disgusting it was & confused on how this brand even thought this was an accurate representation on cookie dough. Some specialty spreads miss the mark by a little, but this spread wasn't even close. After I got home I looked up a review on Amazon & found at least I wasn't the only one who thought it tasted atrocious.