What 'healthy' foods did you ultimately give up on?

Options

Replies

• ireallylikemuffins
    Options
    Quinoa! It's so freaking gross, and I've tried it so many ways. Yuck.
    Kale is another one. I tried making kale chips before, and the crunchy leaves just become a gross mess once you actually eat them. Ew.
    Any kind of shake that's supposed to replace a meal. I can't stand drinking them. I never feel as full as when I eat a solid meal.
    Coconut milk and rice milk. Just ew. I'll stick with dairy milk or almond.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    My username says it all :)

Also not a fan. I go through salad cravings, though, when certain types of salad are all I want to eat. Then it passes and I will go months without another salad.

I only enjoy salads if they have real caesar salad dressing on them (including the anchovies, thank you very much). Other than that, I like salads more in principle than in practice.

I had a grilled kale Caesar salad this week and sweet Jesus it was delicious. I adore anchovies!
  • katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    My username says it all :)

Also not a fan. I go through salad cravings, though, when certain types of salad are all I want to eat. Then it passes and I will go months without another salad.

I only enjoy salads if they have real caesar salad dressing on them (including the anchovies, thank you very much). Other than that, I like salads more in principle than in practice.

I had a grilled kale Caesar salad this week and sweet Jesus it was delicious. I adore anchovies!

Ooh, that sounds very good. And yes! to anchovies. We always have a tin in the cupboard, just in case...

I'm in the 'I'll eat almost anything' camp, (though sometimes stray too close to the 'I'll eat almost all the things' portion-control problem camp). The closest I've come to ruling out 'healthy' foods is readjusting how I use them. I adore steamed kale, can't abide kale chips. So I don't do kale chips. With many ingredients, I do think it's just figuring out how to make them work (aubergine/eggplant, I'm looking at you...) but we're pretty experimental foodies in our house, so trying something differently is a regular occurrence.
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Coconut water is disgusting. It doesn't even taste like coconut!
  • jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    ...all I could smell was barfed Chobani.

You should pitch that flavor to the company....they are always looking for new products to put on the market. "Barfed Chobani", tastes the same going down as it does coming up!

• Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Only in the beginning. I started eating egg whites. I dread them. Eventually stopped putting salt on them so I can't taste them and then I just cut them out haha I couldn't do it
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    kale
    seaweed crackers/wraps
    overnight oats
    avocado
    tofu
    green smoothies

Yes. Seaweed crackers taste fishy.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    halo top. chia seeds. anything that says gluten free, sugar free or fat free.
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat pasta and rice
    The whole Daiya line *super barf* :no_mouth:
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have started liking many more foods than I don't, since trying to eat healthy.
    Here's some are a few I can't stomach:
    I never liked brussel sprouts, most beans, and beets. Still don't.
    seaweed crackers
    most gluten free anything
    ghee in my coffee ... but love it on my toast or veggies
    I use to eat low fat anything I could fine. No more. Full fat. More moderation.
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I decided to give up the fiber one bars that I had been using as a crutch. I snack on fruits and veggies now and get about the same fiber content with a better full feeling.
    Also I learned that I hate anything with acai. Don't know why but I can't stand it.
  • Stationagentjules
    Options
    Stevia and protein bars.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    twinkles4 wrote: »

ohhh goodness yes Daiya is horrible. If I ever went vegan, I'd just leave off anything like that rather than try to get used to Daiya.
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

ohhh goodness yes Daiya is horrible. If I ever went vegan, I'd just leave off anything like that rather than try to get used to Daiya.

I really tried, honest. I thought I could get used to it in time, but I cant. The whole product line is super gross.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Daiya is just scary. My sister tried to go full-on vegan for a while and stocked up on Daiya stuff. Even after several tries, she just couldn't get used to it. Her cat, on the other hand, would howl, paw at her and even try to jump on the counter to get a bite of the stuff! Ever since then, I can only think of Daiya as cat food. I don't eat cat food.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    unigirl143 wrote: »
    I decided to give up the fiber one bars that I had been using as a crutch. I snack on fruits and veggies now and get about the same fiber content with a better full feeling.
    Also I learned that I hate anything with acai. Don't know why but I can't stand it.

Fiber One bars and my digestive system really don't get along. Thank goodness I always had the dogs to blame.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Stevia and protein bars.

Me too with Stevia. Tastes terrible.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    [/quote] DX2JX2

Fiber One bars and my digestive system really don't get along. Thank goodness I always had the dogs to blame.[/quote]

LOL, me too, I liked how they taste but the ahhh, after effects, not good. But as we only have a parrot and no dogs, no hiding who was to blame at our house.

• Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Sweet Potatoes, kale, plain greek yogurt, baked chicken, fish, quest bars, and spaghetti squash
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    quest bars