Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    ALL- of the cake. SO MUCH CAKE.

LOL, cutting sucks.

yeah- I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to fit cake in for the next few days- I don't do enough cardio to eat that much cake. It's SO much cake. But I guess I'll do what I can!!!
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Um...I think my bulk is going well so far. This happened today:
    z9xiza1bagjg.jpeg

The past 3 weeks has been a LOT of bench and upper body accessories. Next week I’m going to start ramping up the lower body, hopefully things go just as well with the booty gains :smiley:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    That's hysterical! Although- I'm sorry you ripped your shirt!!!!

GO FORTH WITH THE BOOTY GAINS- but hopefully not the same said thing happens with your pants!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I hulked out of the back of my shirt at work once. No bueno!
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options

GO FORTH WITH THE BOOTY GAINS- but hopefully not the same said thing happens with your pants!

It was an old shirt that lived a good life

ripping a pair of pants would be a good deal more embarrassing than this :wink: luckily most of my pants are stretchy
  • JoRocka
    Options
    klrenn wrote: »

It was an old shirt that lived a good life

ripping a pair of pants would be a good deal more embarrassing than this :wink: luckily most of my pants are stretchy
    it's the only way to live if you squat.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    My goal this month is cardio 2x a week (extra cardio- because the crap my teacher does- isn't extra cardio).

I did 20 minutes /walk/running on Tuesday- and ran a mile last night- a slow AF mile- but I ran- mostly in order to get my cardio done faster.

GO DIET AND CARDIO_ GO! work your magic!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Long time lurker here. I never posted in this thread because I wasn't deliberately bulking or cutting after my initial weight loss. But I admire so many of you and I believe this is the best place to come for expert advice.

February marks my 2yr MFP Anniversary. After a stretch of inactivity and desk job combo, I found myself weighing more than I ever had in my life (although still well within a reasonable BMI). I ran good old Body for Life and dropped from 111 to 97lbs. After that I tried a few programs before sticking with 5/3/1 for a year followed by a hypertrophy program. I also stayed active doing fun activities like bike commuting to work, aerial and acrobatic classes, yoga, kayaking, bouldering, etc.

During that time I didn't log. I made sure i met my protein goals each day and made sure my meals were primarily a lean protein and veggies. This left room for a portion of my carbs to be "fun" foods like fruit, chips and candy. My weight slowly increased (although I rarely weighed myself) until I hit 109 at the end of 2017. I decided to do a short cut and see if I actually gained any muscle. Looks like I did. Not a huge amount, but not too bad for an over 40yr old female not actively trying to.

Not bad at all. Your body composition has drastically improved for such a relatively short period of time. I hear so much crap about people “getting old” when they’re in their mid-late 30s, so I always love seeing people higher up the age ladder than that decide to grab life by the satchel and get themselves in better shape.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Long time lurker here. I never posted in this thread because I wasn't deliberately bulking or cutting after my initial weight loss. But I admire so many of you and I believe this is the best place to come for expert advice.

February marks my 2yr MFP Anniversary. After a stretch of inactivity and desk job combo, I found myself weighing more than I ever had in my life (although still well within a reasonable BMI). I ran good old Body for Life and dropped from 111 to 97lbs. After that I tried a few programs before sticking with 5/3/1 for a year followed by a hypertrophy program. I also stayed active doing fun activities like bike commuting to work, aerial and acrobatic classes, yoga, kayaking, bouldering, etc.

During that time I didn't log. I made sure i met my protein goals each day and made sure my meals were primarily a lean protein and veggies. This left room for a portion of my carbs to be "fun" foods like fruit, chips and candy. My weight slowly increased (although I rarely weighed myself) until I hit 109 at the end of 2017. I decided to do a short cut and see if I actually gained any muscle. Looks like I did. Not a huge amount, but not too bad for an over 40yr old female not actively trying to.

what a fantastic change! I love it!!!! Great job on the work!

you said you were coming for expert advice- but not sure what your question is? I feel like you've done a great job recomping even though you didn't actively try to!!! Sounds like a win to me!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @mom23mangos what amazing progress! You look phenomenal, hard work pays off. It is really neat to see you at similar weights with different body compositions. Great job!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, @mom23mangos! <3
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    My cut is a joke. I can't seem to make myself track my food or stay within calories/macros. Maybe because I feel like I look pretty good right now and can't be bothered? And there is so many "celebrations" going on right now. 20th anniversary, Super Bowl, now Valentine's Day is coming this week, my birthday in a couple weeks. Blah and ugh.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    My cut is a joke. I can't seem to make myself track my food or stay within calories/macros. Maybe because I feel like I look pretty good right now and can't be bothered? And there is so many "celebrations" going on right now. 20th anniversary, Super Bowl, now Valentine's Day is coming this week, my birthday in a couple weeks. Blah and ugh.

I just threw out a cake this morning- I had THREE in my house. so yeah- one had to go out with the trash today.

I Feel like I'm making headway- slowly but surely- downside- my body is a lot more sore and achy all the time. recovery isn't happening like it used to for sure.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options

what a fantastic change! I love it!!!! Great job on the work!

you said you were coming for expert advice- but not sure what your question is? I feel like you've done a great job recomping even though you didn't actively try to!!! Sounds like a win to me!

No question @JoRocka, just paying a compliment. :blush:

Thank you for the kind words @Gallowmere1984, @jorocka, @sardelsa and @quiksylver296! Coming from you guys means a lot.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Isn't it amazing how much difference a day can make? I went from 178.2 to 176.8 on the scale this morning, and now I feel like I can take on the world...and this cut. :laugh:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Looks like ze gain train is finally back online (up 0.63 lbs. in the past week). It’s probably largely increased water retention due to my recent medical intervention, but at least it’s resulted in my no longer being annoyed at the thought of eating. Kcals are still being held constant at 3400/day until things stabilize a bit more.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Signs you're in a deficit
    1.) you hate everyone
    2.) you're starving all the time
    3.) recovery is s**t and everything hurts.

So success?

Isn't it amazing how much difference a day can make? I went from 178.2 to 176.8 on the scale this morning, and now I feel like I can take on the world...and this cut. :laugh:

Don't let the inner voices fool you- you've been able to take on the world this whole time!!!
    Looks like ze gain train is finally back online (up 0.63 lbs. in the past week). It’s probably largely increased water retention due to my recent medical intervention, but at least it’s resulted in my no longer being annoyed at the thought of eating. Kcals are still being held constant at 3400/day until things stabilize a bit more.

is everything okay? I think I missed something?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    @JoRocka it’s getting there. Had some bloodwork done recently out of curiosity, and got some rather unexpected results. It’ll be about four more weeks before I find out exactly how well I am responding to the dosing protocol, but early indicators are looking very good.

Knowing now that I’ve been playing against a stacked deck for who knows how long makes me even more confident that I’ve been doing a whole lot of stuff right, to get as far as I have.