most annoying phrases on MFP ..

Options

Replies

• sunflwrgrl412
    sunflwrgrl412 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious! Keep it going I can't sleep!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I'll admit to using "journey", but it's always in very specific circumstances: When responding to someone who's being really judgy and a-holish. It flicks a "turn into a passive hippie" switch in me. I'm, all, "Dude. Respect your own journey, man. Stop worrying about what other people are doing". I never actually use that word, ever, in real life. Get me around someone who's acting like a douche, and I suddenly turn into Jeff Bridges.

I get irritated by "toning", anything referring to cleanses, and- most of all- people who repeat catch-phrases and bits of "wisdom" that are not, and never have been, validated by science. "You can't eat before bed!" or "Have you drank all eight cups of water today?!" make me a bit mental. Oh! And I can't stand when someone says they've been exercising for two weeks, are eating at a 500 calorie per day deficit, but have gained five pounds- then asks what they're doing wrong. The question's not bad, but the inevitable response from someone of, "Oh, you've probably just gained muscle" makes my eye twitch.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Walking isn't exercise - that one really gets me

"walking is exercise!"

:noway:

walking is just normal life. congrats on doing the very minimum.
    If it elevates your heart rate for at least 15 minutes. It is exercise. Especially for someone who is elderly or overweight.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

or "what counts as water?"
    maybe water counts as water???? crazy idea.

"Only water counts as water"

People who say that must have only have minimal understanding about human anatomy and physiology
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    I hate everything.

Why am I here?

Cheers, mate. I feel you.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Wow, looks like I'm late to this party. You guys pretty much covered everything except cauliflower pizza crust, which gets my vote :)
  • MercuryBlue
    Options
    Walking isn't exercise - that one really gets me

"walking is exercise!"

:noway:

walking is just normal life. congrats on doing the very minimum.
    If it elevates your heart rate for at least 15 minutes. It is exercise. Especially for someone who is elderly or overweight.

I just power-walked my *kitten* off for the last hour! It danged well better count as exercise, or my HRM is a lying piece of junk!! (Which reminds me of another peeve- people who take HRMs as gospel or, on the other extreme, those who always have to say, "It's not 100% accurate, yanno..." Yes! I know, okay! It's just the most accurate thing I happen to have on me, and it beats guessing.)

Wow, this thread's making me bitter and cranky. Or, bitter-er and crankier. ;)
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options

People who say that must have only have minimal understanding about human anatomy and physiology

but they use water in coke, so in a 12oz can of diet coke we can log 8oz of water right?

Also, why cant I log sneezes lying down as sit-ups?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

but they use water in coke, so in a 12oz can of diet coke we can log 8oz of water right?

Wait, I thought sneezes were like 1/10th of an orgasm? So maybe try logging it under 'sex' instead?
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Well, you could log it as 12 ounces of water..
    I give you permission to log your sneezes too
  • peeaanuut
    Options

Wait, I thought sneezes were like 1/10th of an orgasm? So maybe try logging it under 'sex' instead?

I knew there was a way to log it!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

If you believe that soda does not have hydration capabilities, then I just feel bad for you.

And you can, if you want to log one.
  • peeaanuut
    Options

sweet! This will help me get out of starvation mode on my journey. I have been doing the raspberry ketone diet to loose some wait but its certainly hard to pull the full 1200 calories. I mean I logged my 3 bowel movements today as well as wiping (gotta log em separate you know).
  • MercuryBlue
    Options

sweet! This will help me get out of starvation mode on my journey. I have been doing the raspberry ketone diet to loose some wait but its certainly hard to pull the full 1200 calories. I mean I logged my 3 bowel movements today as well as wiping (gotta log em separate you know).

YOU HAD THREE?!

Lucky! I like to weigh myself after every one, see how many ounces I lost, yanno. That's how I roll.
  • peeaanuut
    Options

YOU HAD THREE?!

Lucky! I like to weigh myself after every one, see how many ounces I lost, yanno. That's how I roll.

Woot!
  • FerociousKoala
    FerociousKoala Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OMG negative calories... Whenever anyone says that I delete them immediately lol
  • daisyeyes
    daisyeyes Posts: 144
    Options
    Woot Woot not just here but on Facebook too. Please make the woot woot's stop!!!!

Ugh, I hate the woot woot's!!! We're not trains. Also, I don't like when people talk about pinching their fat.....
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    can I log house cleaning, yard work, preparing breakfast, taking a dump, or any other everyday activity as exercise calories??? yea this one makes me go up in flames...

^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^

Also, I admit to over-using "journey" when referring to most parts of my life, including weight loss. Perhaps, it's the future therapist in me?
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Woot Woot not just here but on Facebook too. Please make the woot woot's stop!!!!

Ugh, I hate the woot woot's!!! We're not trains. Also, I don't like when people talk about pinching their fat.....

I actually didn't know people still said woot woot? Maybe I should spend more time online?
  • daisyeyes
    daisyeyes Posts: 144
    Options
    Add me so we can go this weight loss "journey" together. haha.
This discussion has been closed.