Is bread really that bad

menen28
menen28 Posts: 41 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I have bread once a week and rice almost everyday but the internet got me scared

Replies

• menen28
    Whole grains are always a healthier alternative.
    As long as you log it and it's part of a healthy diet (or not) it's up to you.

I log in everything I eat
  • menen28
    Bread is just bread. Just like any other food, as long as it isn't crowding out other things you need or causing you to exceed your calorie goals, it's just fine.

I never exceed my calorie goal so I guess I'm good thank u
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    No...
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    So agree that food isn't good or bad. You CAN eat whatever you want, with planning and moderation.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Bread is good for me. Very good. I have it every day and had it twice today (a french roll and rustic flatbread) and it tasted amazing. It also fills me up. Same with rice, I have it about 4 times a week and had it today. Are you afraid bread and rice would affect your weight loss? They wouldn't if you're within calories, just like any food (more than 100 lbs lost eating these items every day). Are you worried about the carbs in them? You shouldn't be if you have no problems with blood sugar. Are you worried about gluten? You shouldn't if you don't have issues with it. Do you overeat rice and bread and it makes it harder for you to stay within calories? Then you need to look for ways to manage your calories better and judge for yourself how many calories are these items worth. What exactly are you reading that is scaring you?