Is bread really that bad

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    @menen28 What did you read to make you scared?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    LOL @ the Internet. The Internet is a big, fat lie. Don't even worry about it. You're cool. B)
  • menen28
    menen28 Posts: 41 Member
    Bread is good for me. Very good. I have it every day and had it twice today (a french roll and rustic flatbread) and it tasted amazing. It also fills me up. Same with rice, I have it about 4 times a week and had it today. Are you afraid bread and rice would affect your weight loss? They wouldn't if you're within calories, just like any food (more than 100 lbs lost eating these items every day). Are you worried about the carbs in them? You shouldn't be if you have no problems with blood sugar. Are you worried about gluten? You shouldn't if you don't have issues with it. Do you overeat rice and bread and it makes it harder for you to stay within calories? Then you need to look for ways to manage your calories better and judge for yourself how many calories are these items worth. What exactly are you reading that is scaring
    I have no medical issues at all plus I eat within my calories never over whole thing with eating carbs will raise insulin and will be hard to loose weight is what's scaring me I do work out at least 5x week thank u you're insightful
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I don't eat bread that much any more but not because I believe it is bad for me. I just prefer to get my calories from foods I enjoy more. Got to make choices that you can stick with for life if you want to lose weight and then maintain that weight loss for life.

On another note common sense tells us which foods are empty calories which offer little in regards to nutrition. We can all name them with no problems at all. It is these foods that need to be regarded as treats. If any site throws foods into that list that leave you scratching your head (carbs, including fruit us a prime example) then take what you read with a grain of salt and look more extensively for the truth. No food should be demonised and labels as bad, unhealthy or evil and should be eliminated from ones diet, except for medical reasons. All foods, including candy, can form part of a healthy balanced diet, if eaten in moderation and in conjunction with foods that are jammed packed with nutritional goodness.