deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Bread is just good for the soul... :smile:

I thought that was Chicken Soup?
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    I cannot comment on the science of bread, rice and pasta ;)

For me personally, they are like gateway drugs . . . they tend to awaken my cravings for sweets and overeating. So I think some want to determine some science behind this when I could just be 'don't eat it or limit your consumption' I just think of it like other foods that I am allergic to or have sensitivities to, I can eat it but I must then manage the result of my transgression. Balance and moderation are the keys.

really? rice makes you crave for cookies?
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    If bread/carbs were really bad for us, you'd think the human race would have perished long before the keto fad and all the carb fear started. I mean, humans have been eating bread for what, a couple thousand years?

rice was first farmed around 2000bc or before i reckon.
    i believe that some of the low carb, keto gang is somewhat successful in maintaining their diet purely to show that it was carbs that got them fat in the first place. whatever works.
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If you are diabetic or insulin resistant - bread intake needs to be watched. If not, fit it in your calorie goals and macros and you are good. There is so much mis-information out there - don't believe that it is true.