lose 200lbs in less then a year ?

Options

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    Sees doctors on a regular basis more then a regular basis (have a illness that causes tumors and what not). (Has 2 tumors on my tyroides alone)

Sorry to hear that you are dealing with this. I hope your doctors are able to help you deal with this condition and that healthier eating and weight loss might help, too!
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    davidylin wrote: »
    It is possible.

I recommend that you seek a doctor's advice because you are trying to lose more than 5% of your total body weight in a year. They'll have a lot more information and advice that will be helpful to you, as well to help you avoid potential problems.

surely you meant more than 50%? not sure how losing more than 5% in a year would require a doctor's ok!?

Generally speaking, there is a wealth of published medical literature, studies, and literal quotations from real medical doctors that state essentially that you should consult a physician when beginning any weight loss plan.

So you should probably do it.

Did you consult the Physician when you put on more than 5% of your body weight?

Generally speaking you dont need doctors for weight loss unless you plan on doing something stupid and dangerous. 5% a year is not anywhere near that level.

Doctors, you know, real medical professionals, disagree with you and I'll go with their published expertise over your opinion.

Show me the doctors and the published medical expertise that says a 200lb person cant lose 10lbs without doctor intervention. Or a 300lb person from losing 15lbs. Its absurd. You are being ludicrous.

I have to agree. Are you saying that if he starts making healthier choices food wise, cuts out junk and takes regular walks that he needs a doctor's go ahead first? If he was planning on doing something extreme like going to a military boot camp or slashing his calories ti the max then yeah...

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It is possible.

I recommend that you seek a doctor's advice because you are trying to lose more than 5% of your total body weight in a year. They'll have a lot more information and advice that will be helpful to you, as well to help you avoid potential problems.

surely you meant more than 50%? not sure how losing more than 5% in a year would require a doctor's ok!?

Generally speaking, there is a wealth of published medical literature, studies, and literal quotations from real medical doctors that state essentially that you should consult a physician when beginning any weight loss plan.

So you should probably do it.

Did you consult the Physician when you put on more than 5% of your body weight?

Generally speaking you dont need doctors for weight loss unless you plan on doing something stupid and dangerous. 5% a year is not anywhere near that level.

Doctors, you know, real medical professionals, disagree with you and I'll go with their published expertise over your opinion.

Show me the doctors and the published medical expertise that says a 200lb person cant lose 10lbs without doctor intervention. Or a 300lb person from losing 15lbs. Its absurd. You are being ludicrous.

Exactly - this! That is why I thought it had to be a typo - I thought that poster meant 50% bodyweight loss (which I could see), but 5% is absolutely ridiculous.
  • mojomamahipzinall
    mojomamahipzinall Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is possible yes, seen it done. Start with small goals and small exercise goals and build your way up. When we are larger it's easier to injure ourselves with exercise and it sets us back, trust me those small goals will give results and it won't be long till you get to push yourself further. I always make more progress if I ease myself into it.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Congrats @bjcrewe! I know you can do this. Keep on keeping on!
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    So I'm 487 as of today ( new scale showed up thank you very much for that )

Awesome! Keep it up, @bjcrewe.

I've bookmarked this thread, because I <3 it so much. People around the WORLD are rooting for you!

Yup

I'm in London and I'm crossing my fingers and rooting for BJ

every small victory brings you closer to your goal, stick with it

we are ALL behind you
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I've bookmarked this thread, because I <3 it so much. People around the WORLD are rooting for you!

Yup

we are ALL behind you

Maybe we could all share where we are? That would be fun.

Boise, Idaho, USA here.

gq4lxtm5p63l.jpg
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

Yup

we are ALL behind you

Maybe we could all share where we are? That would be fun.

Boise, Idaho, USA here.

gq4lxtm5p63l.jpg

Liverpool, England. Go BJ!!
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Rooting for you from Chester, England! You got this, dude!!