lose 200lbs in less then a year ?

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Digital scales can wobble, like someone already said. I can get three readings in three minutes sometimes. Make sure it is on level, hard floors. No rugs or carpet under it. Try to put the scale on the same spot every day. Usually the instructions say, "Step on, step off quickly to set the scale. Then get on and stay on until the number blinks (or whatever your instructions say.)"

Keep it going, rooting you on from Seattle, WA.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Digital scales can wobble, like someone already said. I can get three readings in three minutes sometimes. Make sure it is on level, hard floors. No rugs or carpet under it. Try to put the scale on the same spot every day. Usually the instructions say, "Step on, step off quickly to set the scale. Then get on and stay on until the number blinks (or whatever your instructions say.)"

Keep it going, rooting you on from Seattle, WA.

^^^ this - I set mine up, put 1 foot on it until I get a reading, reset it by tapping the corner and then put my weight on it. If I don't do this, I will get 3 different readings for 3 different attempts.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Dallas, Tx

Keep it up!!!
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking and reading since you started this thread, but haven't posted on it yet. I just want to add my very good wishes to everyone else's, from Englewood, Florida (Gulf Coast, south of Sarasota).
  • jeanstudies
    jeanstudies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bjcrewe wrote: »
    So I used the scale again and got a different reading i got the same different reading 3 times in a row did i do something wrong the first time?

First off, "WOOT WOOT!!" Second, yep, my scale will also vary, what I do is follow scientific procedure and take multiple measurements (like you did) until I get two that match. Digital scale results, except for the VERY expensive ones, will vary depending on how you stand, where you stand on the scale, etc. etc. I'd say take the lower weight as a victory and keep on keeping on....

• LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    jjtweb wrote: »
    Hi BJ,

October of last year I was in the same situation as you. However I weighed 543 pounds and basically other than caring for myself at home I really never left. I wanted Gastric Bypass but even that was a LONG shot between my health and insurance. I did move forward with a Doctor but my post is not about GB. In doing so they wanted me to go on a six month diet first. On the four hour drive home that literally was killing me due to my size I decided I had to either lose weight not to die on the operating table or lose weight not to die in my home. I went to my family Doctor and I knew he had no answers but I asked to come see him every month so he could document it and so I would feel like I was accountable. My first visit I didn't realize the impact that would have on me. To shorten this story I started on a 2000 calorie diet a day and over time I got down to 1500 calories over the year. I worked hard to make food exactly like I was use to eating but less calories. The internet is full of successful recipes. At first all I could do was manage hand exercises. Slowly I got to where I could walk 200 steps and stand during an exercise. In June after watching a program My 600 LB life and watching a man on a bicycle my size work so hard I joined a gym. It was hardest thing I ever did. It was the most rewarding as the people there obviously knew I wasn't there to tone and the support was amazing. By October of this year I had dropped 150 pounds. I could drive, go out in public, eat in a restuarant and make my four hour trip to the bariatric doctor. I don't know if 200 pounds is possible but I know for me at 55 years old and woman dealing with hormone issues I managed 150. It wasn't easy but it wasn't as hard as I always felt it would be. I ate healthy, made every calorie count and be as full of food as possible. I know each and every day I may backslide. I hope each day I progress.

I just had the bypass and maybe it will help me more. But the true success or really my pride and self esteem comes from the last year of trying to make sure I lived to see my child live his life. If I never lose another pound I beat the odds today. That is all you can do is take one day at a time. My picture on my profile is there for a reason because when I started I only could see the first step. It was the only one that matters and today the next step is all that matters to.

Good luck I hope you find a place you can adjust and work on things. Feel free to hollar if you ever need a recipe it was really the key to me being happy eating so few calories.

Just to add. I used MFP every day for every calorie and drink of fluids. I used it backwards though! I used it to plan my meals and days, then make a grocery list then followed it. I didn't have enough control to wake up each day and decide what to eat. That decision for me was to close to falling off the wagon. I adjusted MFP each day if my day swayed but I had a plan in hand when I woke up.

Wow, just wow!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Cheering you on from the Research Triangle area of North Carolina, USA.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Team Crewe reporting from Dallas, TX!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Lots of hope and encouragement from Southern, California USA.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!!!! 2 lb loss is a whole percent of your total goal...and now that you have the new scale, you'll have a better idea how the weight loss aspect is going. Echoing what has been said, stick to the same time of day, same posture, same clothing. Our bodies fluctuate wildly based upon all kinds of variables. You can do it!!!! --Another supporter just outside San Antonio TX
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Just outside Fort Worth, Texas!
  • kshantz22
    kshantz22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Sending support from Queensland, Australia

:+1:
  • kshantz22
    kshantz22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Maybe not. But start. Trust the mfp process. Here is what you do.
    1.plug your stats into MFP set as sedentary 2lbs a week
    2. Take the super generous offer of a scale
    3. Log absolutely everything Before you eat it every day
    4. Eat your MFPcalories and no more
    5. Repeat every day . Stick with it.

@cat_shantz @heyitsheathrr
    Words of wisdom for my mother!
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Cheering you on from just north of Houston, TX
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Just keep it up BJ - one day at a time
    -from Westchester NY :smile:
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    New York, NY is rooting for you!!!
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Great vibes are coming your way from Scottsdale Arizona!
  • JoLightensUp
    JoLightensUp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey BJ, good job. Following your progress and cheering you on from a little country town in Victoria, Australia.