Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Okanagan BC here cheering you on.
  • bkstein40
    bkstein40 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just one thing if it hasn't already been mentioned start with small goals. Your main goal is 200, but start with 50 as your first goal and then move on to the next 50. When I started I wanted to loose 30, when I reached that goal I went on to the next 10. which was my true goal to loose 40 and winded up loosing 5 more which I think is exactly where I am suppose to be. Just know you have a family in MFP to help you. My motto through it all was stay the course, no matter what. Also no matter what your choice of exercise is something is better than nothing. Take it one day at a time. You Got This!!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Kenosha, Wisconsin

Bravo Zulu brother!
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Rooting for you from Chester, England! You got this, dude!!

Oh hey you are near me :D
  • bjcrewe
    bjcrewe Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    So I used the scale again and got a different reading i got the same different reading 3 times in a row did i do something wrong the first time?
  • adawnjones
    adawnjones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is good to set goals, but starting with a high goal # may set yourself up for failure. I recommend setting yourself up for recommended daily calories based on age. Start very slowly on a low-impact activity, like walking 15-30 minutes daily after dinner. I do much better setting up weight loss goal of 0.5-1 lbs weekly (having lost 35 lbs in 1 year & regaining it, I realized 20 lbs. annually was a more achievable goal for me to retain the weight loss). Over time, I have replaced 1 day weekly with 30 minutes of strength training with 5 lb weights, then replaced another day with a P90X Stretch 1 hour workout (which seems to help with stiffness & flexibility). Going slowly on the workouts seemed to greatly improve the knee weakness over time (they'd collapse on me with no warning). For my diet, I found carb-cycling helps with more-rapid weight loss, but I cannot maintain the diet plan for an extended period of time (so I periodically just go back to calorie counting only). Alternating days of high & low carbs. http://dailyburn.com/life/health/carb-cycling-meal-plan/
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    What @quiksylver296 said. Pick a time of day and be consistent. Use a trending app (I use trendweight.com but am playing with Libra for Android). And yeah, stepping on the scale 3 times might give 3 different readings.

I didn't take before pictures and regret it.
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Yeah

I started with 140 to go, now 105, and did not think I had a chance.

But ONE DAY AT A TIME works. Stick to the calorie goal just for today.

Then just for tomorrow. Trust the process and it works.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Hey bjcrewe, dropping back in to cheer you on! I'm so very glad you're sticking to your goals and working through the difficult parts, and so happy to see you keeping us updated!

-Marti, California, San Francisco Bay Area
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good job with all your efforts bjcrewe. I also keep tabs on this tread because it motivational and you get good advice from quite a few people. - San Antonio, TX.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!

Cheering for you from my cozy little corner of Switzerland :smiley:
  • wectmall
    wectmall Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! I believe it is possible for you to lose 200 lbs within a years time. You can do it! Others have! Keep on posting!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Keep it up and don't give up. I expect this thread to still be going next year.
    I am in Southampton, Uk so it seems you have a global audience.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The goal-setting thing is individual. I took a lot of flack for setting a goal to lose 110 lbs. I never changed my mind, and I nailed it. As long as you're able to go with the flow and not try to stick too firmly to deadlines, pick whatever goal you want and know that every pound is a victory.

Norwich, Connecticut USA
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Nice work so far, dude. I enjoy checking into this thread.

Have you downloaded a weight-trending app like Libra for Android or HappyScale for IOS? It takes all your little ups and downs and smooths the line out, so you can focus on the overall weight loss trends. It's a great little tool.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Team bjcrewe over here in Orlando, Florida :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Go crewe!!! From Rome, Italy.