Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    Today is Virus Appreciation Day!

I'll have to work on that one...

Wishing you all a lovely day, appreciating viruses from afar.

-Yvonne in TX

xbmmvlk4c34s.png

Ha!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    DH hit it with the "meat needler" so hopefully it will be tenderized a tad.

Lanette ~ What is a meat needler?

Just curious!

Carol in GA

Carol - it's a meat tenderizer device - hope this illustration/amazon ad comes thru... if not, just google it. You place it over the meat and push down and it drives "needles" down into the meat. Also a torture device! >:) LOL!

OK I don't think it's gonna come thru, but just it's a Kleemoo meat tenderizer with 48 needles! Yikes!

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. I'm still lurking here. Hope to be more chatty! Thinking of you all!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lanette ~ Thanks for the info!
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    "Sometimes my best laid plans get muddled up".
    So I had budgeted $86 per week. Then husband and spent $21 on Sunday each getting a sandwich from Subways. Today was shopping, because its " Senior Day" at our grocery store. My original shopping list was $98 worth of items making 9 dinner meals, some lunches and breakfasts meals. So trimming off some side dishes, and readjusting what I had guesstimated we left the store paying $57. I am afraid we will dip into next weeks amounts until we have a slim week. That's happened before, and heck we are both overweight so cinching our belts will be good for us! Its all good, and I can always make a pinto and kidney bean soup! I have a ham slice too!

I did whine abit and bought a "Real Simple" magazine. Just love that mag! It has some best things, ( items they have found the best of, like the best body wash, our the best cleaning item). Also a recycling story, with places to visit to recycle odd things. Companies that will take back items like Nike's to make playground equipment etc.

Well, time to reheat coffee, and have my second cuppa. Cheers all!
    Becca
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Rye - Please don't go; we all have differences in opinions. I don't think my posting was not a divisive action; but, I also see it as a punch to how I feel when I hear or see people keep stirring everything up. I'm conservation; yet liberal enough to know we need to 'try' to love our neighbors, to respect 'all lives', I don't support abortion, except maybe for a pregnancy incurred by 'incest' or 'rape'. Even then there are other options; but, to most mothers, being pregnant for 9 months with the result to be a baby conceived this way should not have 9 months of knowing this. I'm Catholic and that is a difficult subject. On first look, the sign might look 'ok'; but, if you read it, it's a pretty liberal sign. What about our vets and their lives, being able to get medical care for wars the did not start; but, they signed up for this duty and the ultimate price that gets paid is the life. What about 'blue lives matter'? EMT and police and fire me/women don't hesitate, they run into the direction of the shooter or fire or someone caught under an unstable piece of rock or steel.

I don't want you to leave because some have disagreed about what they seen in this sign, leaving isn't going to afford you the encouragement we can give when it comes to our goals, our lives, and our friendships.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
    //////////
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Had such a great evening!
    We walked along the seafront to the "Mom and Pop" Italian restaurant. There was a group of young men doing their kettlebells together in the dusk, with another running round the markers they had put up on the stretch of grass. Another group further on were running an exercise session. Loads of people were running/cycling up and down the promenade in the twilight. One young woman was skating along in a silver jacket. I wanted that jacket!
    The meal was fabulous. I had Spaghetti alla vongole, DH chicken and mushroom ravioli. All completely homemade.
    We wandered back and felt it was a bit too early to go home. A pub a few doors away was emanating live music so we ambled in. It was called Paris Pub and was covered in photos of Paris in film stars from the fifties and sixties. Just my thing! The live singer and band was great and even played a few "chansons" , which delighted me. B) Altogether an unexpected treat.
    It reminds me of why we thought we might move to Brighton /Hove. I just LOVE it.
    Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, Hallowe'en is on the way....

I used to have this one as my screensaver at work:

8b0uu6n4fri7.jpg

Working with a group of engineers, it came in handy!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Hi all: It is a gorgeous day out today and I got some work done out there. The horses are enjoying the sun. The pastures are growing now that we have had some rain and everything that was brown and sere is greening up. DD and I got a load of junk out of our riding arena and taken to the dump. We are currently working on a winter place for the goats, a shed that is more closed in than their current shelter and hopefully snugger for the cold weather. We are going out tonight to a restaurant at the small airport here. Since the weather is nice I think we will be able to sit outside and watch the hot air balloons and the sky divers. My mom is here until Saturday when she flies home. I will miss having her here.

Heather - Glad you had a great birthday.

Rye and Mary - You are each valuable members of this thread.

Margaret - Love that story!

Machka - Glorious pictures.

Welcome to all the newbies. Keep coming back.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Rye – I definitely would not be Deidra friend either. My first childhood BFS, were a set of twins. My mother and theirs were BF since college. For some reason when we got together at their house a 4th girl was invited, and, most of the time I was invited when they came to her house. I did not ‘much’ care for her Mother – who I can remember ‘yelling at her’ if she was ‘perfect’ in every way possible. It did not take much for her to ‘cry’ and I’d usually get blamed. One thing I do remember is when I wanted the twins to come over, I do not believe she was invited, unless I wanted her to be invited. I think there were more arguments when they were 4 of us than when it was just 3. Maybe you did not have 1 left out while the other watched; but, I was used to that because of 3 girls in my family. When we would go to the other girls to play, we HAD to ‘go outside’ and rarely could we come inside.

IF we went to her room, her Mother would come to the door and remind ALL of us that we were NOT to play with the Madam Alexander dolls displayed in her room. She had a pink room with a white furniture and a white lace coverlet on it. Lord Forbid one of should we touch it. She had a playhouse big enough for 6 people to play in; but, I spent most of the time outside of it, playing in the yard. We never grew close; but, I still get together with the twins 2 or 4 times a year. I’ve invited the other one to come to our Luncheon; but, she always has an excuse. Fine; but, when I found out she was coming to town 2x a week (to check on her parents) that let me know she just did not want to pick up. That’s fine, too. We had to laugh when we spent the night with another girl who was a cheerleader when the rest of us were. Another cheerleader also stayed the night … there was a ‘party’ of some sort [not a reunion]. One said that she saw her going up the steps to the B&B upstairs over the restaurant and she had one a very ‘wild girl’ outfit, complete with lace hose and over-the-knee boots. This one made me laugh.

When she caught her husband cheating on her; she filed for a divorce. He came back begging her to stay. She made him apologize to her parents and grandparents. Maybe I was wrong in ‘thinking’ this … but, he probably was the one who got her to dress up like she was. Such a reminder of Julia Robert’s role in “Pretty Woman.” I was told when she called out to her that she looked, and kept on going. Sometimes I don’t think our conceptions change as we grow up.

However, I do understand the situation about the ‘Pin the Tail on the Donkey’. I ‘loved’ the game, too. The twins and I went to the same nursery school associated with the college our mothers had. I don’t recall where she went; but, we all took piano together and were in the same dance classes.

My Mother taught me ‘similar little pieces or junks of etiquette’ and quite often they did seem to be very contradictory. As I got older, still remembering all the lessons, I taught my sons the same things. I think boys are easier; because they don’t ‘whine’ (or at least MINE didn’t). We had 2 sets of boxing gloves, 4 stakes and enough rope to set off a rink. When the neighborhood boys had a ‘tiff’ they came down to settle it at our house. She was such a ‘prissy pot’ and none of the rest of us were.

We have so many women from all over the world; and, something I have to use Cortana (search engine) to look up what they are talking about. Mainly, because it is so different in other countries. We can’t always ‘think’ that everybody is going to have our same views, even if they have political issues in their own countries … BREXIT was an example. I learned a lot from it; but, at first I definitely did not understand what or why they were so ‘up in the air’ about it.

Barbie – As a Federal government employee I was allowed to have political signs in our yard. We never have had one in our yard. That way we don’t have to answer any questions. The County Commissioner for this area said that the former one, his opponent, had ‘fixed’ the roads in this area just before Election Day. I had called him several times, and because he had been to ‘roads crew manager in another county’. I told this one that if he was elected I would be calling him every time our road was messed up from them putting the blade to the lowest point and dragging off the red sand we kept asking for. He’s had many calls and true to his word, he has had them out her pronto. I’d vote for him again, I’m just not sure he will. Hopefully, he will and they can get all the dirt roads passable. I rode by the road crew manager, whipped around and drove up so our driver’s side were face-to-face and complained about the berm the guy was making and told him that I don’t know what type of physics classes any of them had; but, for the 17 years we’ve been out here, only one has done the blading correctly. Then he was a Trustee for a long time. He only made two passes over the road, now it take 4. But, now we have ditches on the sides that need ditches; and, the next time they come they are going to back-blade the small cliff (15” high), down. He just wanted me to know I would not have grass there if they did it. At least Louis can mow the grass without worrying about running off it. We haven't had a good rain yet to see if the places are 'fixed' or not. The roads crew man knew who I was talking about. Said they found the grader of the far end of his property; but, he was back in the Trustee position again.

Terry – He will get a 2nd opinion; but, I want him to go talk to someone (would have to be in Columbus, Tallahassee or Macon to get out from under the “Phoebe Umbrella” and I want him to do it BEFORE he has another bad attack. So if his Urologist cannot clean out his pipes, I don’t have to be the one, to make that decision. Just got to find the time.

I like to put peanut butter on toast. Sometimes a few ‘greenish’ banana slices.

Marcelyn – Those types of “Deidra’s” grow up to be ‘high maintenance women’ (poor husbands). Never happy about anything. You could go to a class reunion and find they have not changed any. Still very ‘shallow’ and dropping ‘names’ and such.

Margaret – Loved the story about the “Trouble Tree”. Sometimes Louis comes home upset; so I don’t want to ask him about his day. I wait until he has cleaned his brushes, taken his shower, and wait for him to say something … I will give him 30 minutes before I pipe up and ask. For the most part, it is usually ‘pretty good’ or ‘okay, got a lot finished’. Today, they did not work much at the MD’s house. I told Louis that he was going to let him ‘finish’ what he can, then NOT pay him for it. He said that he’s gotten his money … so if they don’t pay him, won’t matter much. He won’t ever have to see him anyway. Today was a total ‘bust’ for me. Weigh-in, weight stayed the same; but, everything that should have gone down – did; and, everything that was supposed to go up – did. I am sure since I wore a little heavier pants (not shorts) was part of the reason. But, this was also after a long weekend at the beach.

Can I borrow you little story?

Felicia – My middle granddaughter has a Christmas Eve birthday (usually celebrated in the summer while they are at friends’ home, so we don’t get to celebrate). The do it for both their children. This past year was her 16th; and, why my DDnL#1 decided this year to throw a ‘Sweet 16’ party on the weekend of her birthday and why she got so ill because people called at the last minute to cancel remains a mystery to me. Needless to say only the friends (of DOS and DDnL#1) and their children were there. Felt so sorry for Madison because she was very quiet … she said it did not matter; but, she looked hurt. DDnL#1 admitted that it bothered her, probably because she had not taken her ‘medication’. I asked her why she did not go and take it now. You would have thought I had slapped her across the face. “BECAUSE I won’t be able to get to sleep tonight!’ Touchy!

Lanette – I have one of those metal double-ended tenderizers. Good to use when you are a little pissed off.

Mary – Don’t see anything you posted as ‘political propaganda’. I’m the ‘baby’ …. So nothing I say is listened to. LOL!!!! But, my middle sister is REALLY pushy about politics although all 3 of us have said that our beach trip is ‘politic - religion’ discussion-free. She started within an hour of getting there about these ‘racist bigots that voted for Trump’. I was thinking ‘oh $#*T here we go’. Oldest sister [neither she nor husband voted because he was in ICU in Miami] called her out on it saying that she can’t clump all Republicans in that group and repeated verbatim what she had said. Then she denied it. I kept my mouth shut. She DID say it.
    I bought a subscription to “Real Simple” magazine … think it is printed on recycled paper. It has that feel to it, to me. Love it, too. Yep, Nike can grind up all that rubber – I think they even pave ‘some’ roads with the rubber (and make playground equipment). I hope that Mallory is selling magazines again this year. The others were selling something else, wrapping paper and candy and that sort of thing.

Lenora

I hope we get a lot more ‘good’ out of this site, than ‘bad’. It is meat to encourage one another. But, sometimes we vent about a lot of things, including the things we aren’t supposed to.