WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday the 13th!

Lisa - so glad you are back with us and I am thrilled with your moving plans! In fact, I find this and Allie's recent move energizing somehow. "If not now, when?" Always exciting (and a little scary) to make a new start.

Allie, love your new place! Looks very calm and inviting!!

Kelly - Joaquin is adorable! So glad you got to spend some good quality grandma time with him in person!! How is your DH doing on the job front? Hopefully he's taking some time to catch his breath, survey the opportunities and not stress about it.

Rita
    - I was just thinking about you, glad to see you back with us. Haven't had a chance to check out the photos but will do that soon.

Machka - I am jealous of your gorgeous thick hair! Absolutely beautiful!

Sharon - (((HUGS))) Love the granddaughters and great niece photo, they are cuties!

Heather
    - great idea on the early shopping start. Have some Pastis for me!

Beth, Meg, Tere and anyone I may have missed! - sending good thoughts your way for your DH's.

Becca - what a shopping bonanza! Good luck on the no-poo thing!! I'm down to about twice a week now as far as shampooing. One reason I stopped having my hair colored (foils) is that I developed an allergy from the dye and of all the bizarre things, couldn't wear many of my glasses as the plastic earpieces (only the ones made in China?) would make my scalp break out there. It's OK now that I'm all "platinum" lol.

Katla - sorry Arrow was a pill (nice you'll be getting more time with him) and I hope your DH is OK. I think that's the worst part of being the "healthy spouse" - trying to determine if it's something serious DH will not get over w/o medical intervention, or if just taking it easy for a couple days will do the trick. I try not to worry about the future, but it's hard as mine has had similar. Sending hugs to both of you!

Barbie
    - so glad your walking friend is back on her feet and can join you!!

I am counting the days for Rosie the mini schnauzer to be released from "no running" and "monitor that she doesn't lick the stitches" from her spay a week ago. She's doing well but it's wearing me out. Benedryl is helping calm her down but her bathroom schedule is messed up. We've been getting up at 1 am for the past couple nights so she can go outside and do her duty. Between that and sinus headaches I am dragging, but naps help and giving Rosie a "time out" in her little dog crate is wonderful, plus she gets time on Daddy's lap. So glad to be retired!

Coffee helps with the headaches but caffeine gives me such a tummy ache anymore.

So will catch you all later! Off to town to do the early morning shopping.

Lanette
    SW WA State

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Rye, I think you just haven't found the right dr yet. Also, my dr is actually a PA (physician assistant) and he is as good if not better than a dr.

To all those suffering from hot flashes (I jokingly called them "mini vacations" hang in there as they eventually go away. They are something that could either bring me to tears or lash out in anger. Got to be one of the most miserable feelings in the world. My DH said it was like sleeping with his own personal furnace. I told him if he touched me during one, I'd kill him. Lol

Terry
  • langman22
    Options
    Lisa, welcome to the east coast!
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Wow ladies this thread is as awesome as always! So many posts and I just can't keep up. But I do enjoy reading them in between other tasks. Terry your pics are beautiful! I love your silver hair...I am growing mine out now.

I'm so glad it's Friday. I am exhausted from the week! We have houseguests coming tonight but they are low maintenance and it's DH's brother and SIL so he is in charge. He is hoping to get the catheter out today too.

Well I have to go to a meeting...bleh...my least favorite thing. Enjoy the day and take care. Meg from cloudy Omaha
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Hi, I check in here from time to time. I thought I would share this article which is an interview with the founder of Get Fit Over 40 who I follow on FB. I don't use her services or products, but do like her perspective. I hope you like it! https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/karen-pilote-i-want-to-discover-beautiful-aging-with_us_594e78e4e4b0326c0a8d08bb
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
  • langman22
    Options
    Lorrpb, thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Sounds interesting.

Some more pics I took on my way back home. This is part of the road I live on. Fall was my mother's favorite season. Always reminds me of her.

Terry in beautiful VT
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Only reason the mirror is that high is because there are 2 big screws in the wall..and yes I will lower the pictures.. mirror maybe
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Janetr OKC & Peach: This morning DH and I discussed his fall. He admits he's been taking to much vitamin LZ--aka lazy. He says he will go back to the gym and get to work. I hope it isn't just talk. Where our bodies are concerned it is a case of use it or lose it, and he's been so lazy that he's losing it. He just had an MRI that proves his MS is stable and his declining mobility is on him. :grumble:

Lisa: Welcome back! You have been missed. Our son did his basic training at Fort Benning, GA and seemed to like it there well enough. We went there for his graduation from Basic Training, and then to Fort Bragg for his graduation from Special Forces training. I liked the Fort Bragg area very much. You're moving into a green world compared to West TX. I hope it turns out to be a happy place for you and your DH. :smiley:

Lanette: DH says he's ready to get to work, but actions speak louder than words. I hope his actions follow is promise. Yesterday was certainly a wake up call for him. Move it or lose it--- :grumble:

Terry in VT: Your photos are lovely. The fall leaves are gorgeous. Around here the cottonwoods haven't started to change color but the oak trees in the city park turned brown in August due to lack of water. That isn't unusual. Our first hard frost is usually some time in November. :flowerforyou:

I plan to go to yoga this morning and back out to the stable to work with the brat this afternoon. I'm afraid of snakes & pigs, but not horses and cows. Fear and caution are two separate things in my mind. I'm ready to work with Arrow, but with due caution. He's a brat and bigger than me. :devil: I have tentative plans to go on a trail ride with a friend from the stable on Saturday, but I'm not sure whether I will want to do that. We'll see how things go today.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,884 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    janetr - my friend lives in Ruidoso! I didn't know anyone else ever heard of it.

M - I'll try to keep track of sites that ask for notifications. Honestly, I really never paid too much attention, I always click on "block". But I will be more conscious

Michele in NC

Oh yes, its beautiful. Jack and I like to take the motor home and go about the middle of September. The RV park we stay at closes Oct. 1 or so, there will usually only be one or two other RVs there. We love it.

My daughter is there with a couple of friends, they're having a "girl's get a way" :)

Janetr okc

I am at the state park, Brantley Lake. Quiet and large campsites. Best part is it is $14 a night for electric and water. $18 with sewage.
    We stay at state parks for both the low cost large sites, and hookups. Usually not crowded either and many are open year round, especially in the south!
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Aw SHUCKS, Felicia. :blush: You sure know how to butter up an editor! :laugh:
    /Penny
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »

Sending good thoughts to the many women on the thread whose husbands are ailing or potentially dangerous or news addicts or simply have their knickers in a knot. Good thoughts also to those who are starting afresh. To those who wash their hair and don't wash their hair, those who love their hair and hate their hair. To those who are celebrating victories and those who need to recommit to their health journey.

/Penny, once again under pressure at the North Pole

That is one of the most awesome paragraphs every written in the history of this thread (well, since I've been here, anyway.) :love:

Agreed!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Penny - that was just terrific! <3<3<3 Love you.

Felicia - One of the very few charities I donate to is Medicins San Frontieres (Doctors without borders) Every person is entitled to care and love, regardless of who they are and what they believe. No man (or woman) is an island.

Today I had a lovely surprise. :D My brother rang this morning to say that they were hoping to call over in the afternoon to give both of us our birthday presents. :D:D Of course I said yes! They presented us with two beautiful china Christmas tree decorations. Perfect! They stayed for a cup of tea and a hot cross bun. Lovely! :)

So sorry Katla, Carol, and others with DH's who are faltering. So many women seem to have this problem. :'( I just hope we can continue to stay healthy. No guarantees. :o

Sharon - I continue to wish you strength and send you love. <3

This morning I applied my new habit knowledge and did some typing of already written stuff. Win!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The book is THE POWER OF HABIT - WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO AND HOW TO CHANGE by Charles Duhigg.

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options