Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Meg, thanks for calling my hair silver. Sounds prettier than gray!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Before I lose this information ....

An Instant Pot through "Brad's Deals" ... if you are a Kohl's Department Store customer and have a charge card with them ... the 6 quart duo-pot drops to 62.99. You don't have to be a customer or card owner by the way ... the price is then closer to 76.00 with free shipping.

The link:

https://www.bradsdeals.com/deals/6qt-instant-pot-76-shipped-10-gc-p321337?v=dd_8&c_id=2410&u_id=16399397&d=101317&utm_source=email&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=bradsdeals.Daily_Newsletter_Female_Unknown_10132017&u_g=f

Beth near Buffalo

Now I have to go back and read ...
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lisaexciting news about the move to NC! I love the western mountains of NC, Brevard is particularly beautiful spot with lots of waterfalls and an awesome summer music festival. Being near your grandkids is gonna be awesome! <3

Machka the only bike movie I remember from my childhood was "Breaking Away" great score, a coming of age movie, it was my brother's personal favorite--he's an avid cyclist.

Happy Friday, I'm cozied up in my bathrobe sipping coffee and catching up with you all. And walked away from another carb-laden breakfast event at work...I grabbed an apple and left the room. Geez if it is this bad already, what will Haloween look like!

NYKAREN
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Speaking of movies, this has nothing to do with bicycling but my favorite movie was The Way We Were with Robert Redford! I must've watched it 20 times as I worked at the theater at that time. Who can remember the name of the woman I can't for the life of me she was a singer!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    NYKAREN - You are doing so well avoiding all the temptations. In my latest read about habits it suggests you write down a strategy for resisting temptation. i.e. if this happens, then I will do this ...... ;) Your apple technique sounds great. Could you have several delicious low calorie rewards secreted at work? Is it possible to discretely ask around and suss out whether others really want this temptation all around them. There might be more support for banning it, or limiting it to a day a week than you think. I have never had to work in that kind of environment, but I would hate it and I'm sure others would too. Most work places are trying to support healthy eating and exercise.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Speaking of movies, this has nothing to do with bicycling but my favorite movie was The Way We Were with Robert Redford! I must've watched it 20 times as I worked at the theater at that time. Who can remember the name of the woman I can't for the life of me she was a singer!

barbara streisand
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Movies ~ I recently watched "The Wedding Date" with Debra Messing and Dermont Mulroney. Loved it!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Heather I think it must be the time of year, eating and celebrating are ramping up here, and teachers are notoriously overworked/stressed. They feel guilty about not contributing so they bring in cheap carbs that don't require much effort but hey, they contributed something! When I do look over the table there is usually a fruit option and occasionally someone brings in hard boiled eggs so it isn't a complete disaster. Since I travel to 4 buildings in the course of a week, I don't have much say in the social committee decisions, so I really shouldn't complain, just keep walking is my mantra!! I will say, being back at maintenance weight is motivating me to stay with good choices and one of those choices is to eat whole food, keeping away from white flour and sugar is key for me it seems.

NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~
    just home from work about 1/2 hr and fed Faith and gave her her pills.... I am in the bedroom on the computer...
    Got an email from attorneys office and looks like I will be going to court monday morning... I will also will be asking for compensation as cant afford all these days off over his incompetence .. so hoping that will get rectified monday...
    if he doesnt come forth with the paperwork he was supposed to have today , then she will reissue the motion to compel ask for more legal fees and see what goes from there, personally I think they should throw his *kitten* in jail..
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Lisa, so glad to see you here. I wish you the best of luck in your move. Glad the Girl Scouts want you. Smart people there! What do you think of the Boy Scouts allowing girls now? The thing I saw on the news was about a young girl who wanted the opportunity to become an Eagle Scout.

It was long ago when I was having some of my bowler problems that I would have these terrible sweats and I would have to go in the bathroom and strip down to nothing. Y that time I had finally get to the diarrhea stage and I was OK.

There are times during the night that I have to be cooled but I think it was because of neuropathy in my feet. They could be fine until I got in bed then they were so hot that it was so bad. I could just put my feet out of the covers and against the cool wall next to my bed and I would be oK.

Going over to sisters house and have supper with a cousin that I haven't seen in years.

Joyce, indiana
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Machka – I love the color of your hair, too. That is the color my Mother’s hair was; my oldest sister kept putting Peroxide in her hair the summer before her senior year in HS. Hairdresser kept asking what she was putting in it and she was denying doing so – ‘it was just the sun’. She got right up in her face about it – with senior pictures coming up; she asked if she would trust her – at that point, she had made sister feel so bad about lying to her, she agreed. She dyed her hair a deep autumn and it was beautiful. When I married, my hair was auburn; but, as I got older, neither Louis nor the boys wanted me do cover the ‘white’ it is turning.

Our MGD has streaked her hair before, which does not look good on her; she has gone dark brown (her natural color), sun got to the ends, which turned it auburn. She asked me about the auburn and I told her I thought she’d be ‘drop-dead gorgeous’ … I was thinking she was talking about the color you hair is; but, she looked several shades up on Pinterest and ended up with ‘purplish hair which she loved’. It was sort of a shock; but, with her big blue eyes, it looks very good; but, I would have rather that she go redder. I think she is back to her natural color now. We tell her all the time how pretty she is. She really is ‘drop-dead gorgeous’ but we can’t get her to ‘smile’ big; only the boy she has been dating can. But, I think he is now living with his Dad at the time. His step-Dad threw him out of the house (for what reason, I don’t know). He cleans up really well, or he did for their prom pictures last year. I almost did not even recognize him.

My DDnL#2 is a cosmetologist and she says when you are using brands you buy in a drugstore or at the grocery store, you need to change brands after each bottle. All of them have a formula that if you use it consistently, will start building up a layer and weigh your hair down. Even in her shop she has 3 or 4 different kinds of shampoo and conditioner. Also, don’t put conditioner all over your hair, just the very ends of it. I use a root lifter that I spray on once I have towel dried my hair and before I blow-dry it.

All 4 of my granddaughters have extremely ‘thick’ hair. Only the little one next door is bad about NOT washing her hair, also has to be reminded to put on deodorant, and brush her teeth. She is extremely lazy. Neither of my two oldest ones brush or comb their hair once it is wet and washed, they just brush/comb it and let it dry … it will wave; but, if they dry their hair it gets very frizzy and stands out. Mallory’s hair is kept just long enough so she can put it up or down, depending on what she is doing. Her Mother is NOT about to let it look bad. She also isn’t going to let her own hair look bad.

Rye – Frozen ‘seedless’ grapes (green ones are best). Youngest son, when he was in HS, worked in the produce department at Harvey’s. He says the more ‘oblong’ the grapes are the ‘sweetest’. They are … and it is true.

Terry – Many, many, many years ago, my DH’s place of employment had a sales meeting and the wives were invited. We had 5 glorious days of being up in New England when the leaves were changing colors. It was very nice; … but, I would never be able to weather a ‘winter’ there.

Is that road considered a dirt or gravel road? We live on a dirt road; and, the dirt is ‘red clay’ mixed with red sand (which is a mixture of a small amount of clay in the sand). When they get it bladed correctly it is easy to travel on. It is bladed about every 3 – 4 weeks. Your type of road is what our neighbor wished ours was. Looks almost like limestone; but, then it would bleach out the car wherever it was blown on … like right behind the wheel wells.

Louis has night sweats – has had them for several years. We have a king-sized bed; and before I had my bad wreck in the late 90’s we’d ‘spoon’ but can no longer lay on my left side, he can’t lay on his right. I sleep with a Cpap, so it has forced me to sleep on my back. I don’t think I move. I don’t hear or feel him getting in-and-out of bed. I can sleep through a thunder and lightning storm; but, I’d rather they wake me up so I can enjoy it. But, if the lights go out, I will sit straight up in bed … it is like someone has held their hand over my nose and mouth and I use ‘wisp’ mask which only fits over your nose.

Allie – You might want to ‘hire’ someone to hang that mirror – I’m sure it is very heavy and it would probably require it to either need to have them use ‘molly bolts’ if they cannot get into the studs. In a lot of places, they have people who will do this (maybe check with the condo manager).

It’s a shame that the hearing isn’t on a Friday … while some courts will have arraignments on Saturdays … a lot don’t, so bond/bail is not done until Monday AM. I think a couple of nights in the county drunk tank will make him ‘think’ about his NOT being cooperative, whether it is his choice or on the advice of an lawyer with no scruples. It will smell like pee and other things, people will be ‘throwing up’, and you aren’t guaranteed a bed to put your head on or a pillow. I think I would be getting that stuff over the weekend. If y’all are appearing in front of the same judge for all court hearings, and y’all have proven that they are dragging their feet, I am surprised he has held BOTH of them ‘in contempt’.

Hi to all the “Newbies”, welcome back to those who have returned. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for those who need them and prayers for all of you.

Lenora
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: I'm so happy that you are enjoying your retirement adventure. :bigsmile:

Penny: "Sending good thoughts to the many women on the thread whose husbands are ailing or potentially dangerous or news addicts or simply have their knickers in a knot. Good thoughts also to those who are starting afresh. To those who wash their hair and don't wash their hair, those who love their hair and hate their hair. To those who are celebrating victories and those who need to recommit to their health journey." Well said and I agree with your sentiment. Back atcha. :smiley:

Heather: I confronted my DH on his health situation. I said that his most recent MRI showed that his MS has not gotten worse. It is not causing the problem with his mobility. I think he is too sedentary and creating weakness through lack of exercise. He said he'd go back to the fitness club. Keeping my fingers crossed that he does it. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Allie: Good luck with the court date. I hope the judge wields a heavy hammer and makes Tom come up with what he owes. :star:

Lenora: Has your DH talked with his doctor about the night sweats? My dad had them until he died. I know he had WWII related nightmares. He did some sweating then, but I think his heart disease may have been involved, too. I'm just guessing on that one. :flowerforyou:

Today I worked Arrow on a lunge line until he was sweaty & tired. Then I rode him and he was a good boy for me. I may be going on a trail ride with another woman from the stable tomorrow. I need to see whether she is still planning on it.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Well, it wasn't another small bowel obstruction thank goodness. I've been very careful today eating mostly soft foods. Maybe I was bent over too long pulling weeds.
    Lisa- so happy for you and your daughter. Will you be near Michele? The Smoky Mountains are beautiful with lots of waterfalls. Did you sell the warehouse?
    Katla- hope your DH WILL start to exercise again. Glad Arrow was better behaved today.
    Fitbit says I Need to move!!!!
    SueBDew in TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Machka the only bike movie I remember from my childhood was "Breaking Away" great score, a coming of age movie, it was my brother's personal favorite--he's an avid cyclist.

This was a collection of 13 short films ... probably more along the lines of documentaries about people, bicycles, travels, accomplishments, etc. Interesting, funny, jaw-dropping, and inspiring.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    :'( This morning the refrigerator started leaking. :) After the new bed was delivered and installed we went out and bought a new refrigerator. Both were on sale and exactly what we wanted. We talked ahead of time about what we needed so we couldn't be talked into a higher priced model that we couldn't afford.