WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2017

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Heather – You talk about so many ‘different’ foods than I am used to eating. Does the tandoori have curry in it? Isn’t curry a spice that are in a lot of Indian food? Sounds interesting; but, not sure I would make it; but, I did copy it just in case I want to do something totally off the wall for us.

Lanette – I think if I tried to put any sort of clothes on Cracker, she’d make sure that my husband would think I had gone off the deep end. Guess I should have started that when I first got her. I had wanted to get her clipped since she has a ‘broken’ coat; but, Louis told me to let it grow so she won’t be cold when she goes outside.

Allie – Do you like it better? I hope so, having them facing one another brings your eyes toward them and then accentuates the bed under it.

I could not find the library books I got the other day; but, Louis looked in the car and then told me he had already read one of them. RATS! I have been very lazy about reading. I have one that I borrowed from Tami, and I’ve got to make sure I finish it before the guys go out there in December. I doubt they will come for Thanksgiving, for 2 reasons. One, my DYS is still mad at DOS’s wife because of how she treated ‘his’ wife by texting her several times and getting angry because she did not get an immediate text back. So, I guess that means I am getting ‘snubbed’ because they aren’t going to be coming. Second, her shared custody make getting a long weekend in almost impossible. Her ‘ex’ went this way so he would not have to pay her as much C/S that had been ordered. I don’t know him, don’t care to; but, it makes us hard to have a ‘family’ Thanksgiving. Will has not been here for Thanksgiving since he and Tami got married. I understand; but it also makes me sad because I only get to see him once a year.

Why is your Dad so argumentative about you driving to Virginia? And why would you have to get an opinion from the DMV?

I have a couple of things that I have NOT been able to put my hands on since we moved out here.
    A bummer

I smashed my middle finger with a hammer this morning. I wanted to cry. It has been growing really strange, sort of off to the side of where it normally goes and looks like the bed of the nail has been lifted a little bit. I’ve noticed the same on two other nails. I’ve always had ridges in them from the cuticle to the end. I’ve been pretty rough on my ‘digits’ this past month. Move a cabinet that I got from my Mother and Louis needs to do something to the bottom. I did hammer the bottom back up in place; but, when I put some linens that I don’t use that much in it, it dropped out again. He needs to use a tiny drill bit to start the hole because it is mahogany and very hard.
    Washed all my kitchen cabinets and even the top of the refrigerator … I need to remember to dust it off whenever I am dusting the rest of the house. He need to fix that and take off the top to the tool box I use as a coffee table out on the porch and glue it and clamp it. I keep getting the ‘yeah, yeah, yeah’ answer from him. IF the dishwasher is not working come Thanksgiving, the ‘guys are going to wash, dry, and put up all of them. Another day of nothing but ‘football’ and he is actually ‘reading’. Got to go over to see my 10-year-old all dressed up to go to her first school dance. This should be interesting!

Need to change out of my 'work clothes' into a pair of shorts and a T-shirt.

Lenora
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lanette wrote "Some of my favorite reads are the Father Tim - Mitford series by Jan Karon set in the mythical town of Mitford, NC. Don't know how accurate the description of the valley and the townspeople are, but I've wanted to move there for a long tiime."

I love, love these books. I'm happily transported to a slower more peaceful way of life :)

Janetr okc
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Husband is running a 101.5 fever today. I'm on guard mode.
    Becca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

treadmill jog- 1137.07min, 55-5.8sp mostly, some spurts of 6.4-8.0sp, 137ahr, 157mhr, 10.28min mi, 13.1mi (1/2 marathon) = 1323c
    applet watch- 1398c

total cal 1323
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Lanette wrote "Some of my favorite reads are the Father Tim - Mitford series by Jan Karon set in the mythical town of Mitford, NC. Don't know how accurate the description of the valley and the townspeople are, but I've wanted to move there for a long tiime."

I love, love these books. I'm happily transported to a slower more peaceful way of life :)

Janetr okc

Janetr
    - I reread these every couple years, yes they get me through long dark winters. The Mitford books and the Alexander McCall Smith's Ladies Detective Agency books. Love traditionally built Precious Ramotswe. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Katla be proud of yourself for persevering through your horse problems. I truly believe that God uses horses to teach things to us humans so I am always learning from fresh situations that arise. My Horses, My Teachers. (That is actually the title of a wonderful book written by Alois Podhajsky who saved the Lippazzanner horses during the War.) Anyway, I thought I would send you this link to my very favourite horse training site where I learned so much that I have been able to take horses straight from the wild and tame them down into sweet riding horses. (While learning a huge lot about myself, life and horses in the process!) The site is: http://www.kbrhorse.net/pag/train.html <3 Wendy
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    Heather – You talk about so many ‘different’ foods than I am used to eating. Does the tandoori have curry in it? Isn’t curry a spice that are in a lot of Indian food? Sounds interesting; but, not sure I would make it; but, I did copy it just in case I want to do something totally off the wall for us.

Yes, curry is a spice used in a lot of Indian food ... it's delicious! :)

Here in Australia pumpkin is a savoury food, not a sweet food, so I will often eat pumpkin soup with curry to spice it up a bit.

Here in Australia, we also eat quite a bit of Indian food. Saag paneer or palak paneer is my favourite. But I like the dhal curries too.

M in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Finally finished with my outside work. Today I fertilized all the flower beds then I scrubbed both sides of the screens on our patio. Next I scrubbed the patio floor. Everything is done so it can get cold now lol.
    Unfortunately, I got poison ivy while planting down by the river. I am VERY allergic to it so it has broaden out all over my body.
    Congrats on your job Rye. You did good to keep going on the application process.
    Lisa-remember to take deep breaths as you go through the he next few weeks.
    Machka- when we were in Syndny my DH ordered a hamburger and it was Hugh. It had beets, fried egg and all kinds of stuff on it. He just had to have one to try to see if he could eat it all.
    Suebdew in TX.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/ikickassvines/videos/339441959834001/ This video is called When you ate healthy for one day and still weigh the same.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/ikickassvines/videos/339441959834001/ This video is called When you ate healthy for one day and still weigh the same.

HA HA HA!! So totally me, I love it :)

Thanks for sharing.

Janetr OKC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did an hour DVD with bands and weights. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Accellerated Body Sculpting DVD. I think this is mainly pilates

I don't know how to handle having company and they like high fat foods and eating later in the day. In a sense, I'm glad that Steve is gone. I'm just not into having rib eye for dinner and then lunch the next day. I was at the Green Room Thurs night and he and Vince went to 5 Guys for dinner. I know that he usually wakes up later so has a late lunch so he has dinner late. I am not crazy about eating late. Now I feel so much better since I can get back to healthy eating. How do others deal with this. Don't say something like "I tell people I only eat what's on my menu", that's not me.

Rori and Lisa - how do the Girl Scouts feel about the Boy Scouts allowing girls the join? Do you think they'll ever merge?

Rori - Santa Barbara looks wonderful! So glad you're having such a great time. Did you cut your hair? You look real nice in that picture.

Lisa - mountain property??? We're right at the foothills of the mountains so maybe, just maybe, you'll be in this area eventually. Oh, that would be so great! Well, we'll just give it time. I never knew about the Peterson's hernia! Thanks for informing me. Congrats on selling the trailer. Oh, I hope the warehouse sells. That'll be so much simpler for you.

KJ - horray, no more helmet for Joaquin!!!

Rye - big congrats on the job

Lanette - we're not far from Blowing Rock. What's up?

Lenora - so sorry about your finger

Becca - here's hoping only for the best for your hubby. Please keep us informed.

suebdew - I use this stuff called 'ivy block'. You buy it at the local pharmacy. You put it on before you go out, then wash it off when you are finished. It doesn't let the p.i. oil get on you, it blocks it from getting to you. Wonder if something like that will help you? You can ask the pharmacist if you'd still get a reaction.

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Pip, I love the picture of your dogs where they are progressively laying down. Like they can't decide whether to be up or down and they are progressively going to sleep. Love the story of all your dogs. How I the world will you be a one dog family????

Kelly, hooray for no helmet. Can't wait to see a picture without it. He is so stinking cute with it. He could be a model! I didn't k ow the Girl Scouts had an equivalent to the Eagle Acout ranking. Yes, the article on the news was about a girl who had a brother that was an Eagle Schojt and she was so proud of him and wanted to be one also. I have never been part of the scouts, nor my girls, but I have always thought of eithe the boy or Girl Scouts as a time when they could discuss th Meg's among themselves that they wouldn't talk about with the opposite sex. And camp would be difficult with girls. I know the extreme camps my father in law took his Boy Scouts on. He had inner city kids his assistant were the only Dads these kids knew. I know times have changed and girls are encouraged to do all the rugged things the boys did. I know in this forum we like to talk about things we wouldn't talk about within a group of friends that had guys in it. That is how I have seen the scouts. I a, sure it will go thorough a growing phase as they learn how to allow the opposite sex within their groups.

I told Charlie one time that his Dad was a lot like my Dad. Mine a preacher and his a Boy Scout leader. They are a lot in common. I was so proud of my Dad and being with him in his role. But it was the opposite with Charlie. He resented the time that his Dad spent with the other kids. For that reason he hated being a Boy Scout. Our church had a program similar to scouts, I dot. K ow if they have it now or not.

Have a bit of diarrhea tonight. Hope it goes away befor church tomorrow. I took some medicine in addition to the routine medicine my doctor has me on to stop me up.

Take care everyone. Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. Well for some of you I think you are already in our tomorrow!

Night night, Joyce, Indiana