Minor rant

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I have 157 lbs of lean muscle mass at 5 ft 9" and my current goal weight is 200lbs which would put me at 25% body fat. And I'm going to look terrible? I believe you think tiny is the only size that looks good on women. Good for you...people are beautiful and strong who, when confident, can look AMAZING regardless. That's right, confidence is attractive, who gives a rats *kitten* what they weigh, how much muscle they have, etc?

PS - 18" arms are amazing on a woman who uses those arms to comfort a child, bring home the bacon, mow the lawn, do the dishes or lift weights, whatever she chooses to do.

Cool it.

OP - you're gorgeous if you think you are - opinions are opinions, you have yours and dismiss those that don't fit your goals or dreams as long as you're healthy.

But let's be realistic, every girl wants to be thinner, even the really thin girls. Once you reached your goal weight, there is a good chance that you will reset it to a new goal weight.

Seriously, you need to step away from the keyboard.

There are a number of women who get to their goal weight and (GASP) turn around and start bulking. So, no, not "every girl wants to be thinner, even the really thin girls."

Yeah - the fact that I just came off a bulk sort of throws a spanner in that one.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't think that pointing out that injecting steroids is unhealthy is the same thing as body shaming. It's pointing out that it's unhealthy.

I also don't think that pointing out that eating 500 calories a day is body shaming. It's pointing out that it's unhealthy.

Also, pointing out that smoking and eating 5000 calories a day worth of Burger King is also unhealthy? Same thing - not body shaming.

Be the best you can be for yourself - nobody else will.

I think I know now the thing that has irked me so much about certain posters in this thread in regards to body shaming. Many woman don't feel good about themselves already, even if they are at a normal weight and are eating healthy. I feel very lucky to not be one of them - I don't focus on my flaws and only on what I've achieved.

However, even though I don't subscribe to focusing on my own flaws (and I do have them), others are now doing it for me.

We as women really can't win.

but she didn't say that she said - and I quote
    Women don't look good "very muscular"

That is body shaming.

100% agreed. If I looked "muscular" I would feel a bit insulted - especially if I've worked hard to get that way.

Idk how many times I have to repeat myself, I wasn't talking about toned women. They are hot. I was only talking about women who inject themselves to bulk up like man.

Sorry I have a different image in my mind when I think very muscular
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I can only assume that girl drinks lead. I'm 6'0" and 165lbs and still have a lot to lose, and I'm male. My last girlfriend was 6'0" and 154lbs and looked amazing. Unless they're actually bodybuilding I cannot begin to imagine how any female who wasn't an actual giant or at the very least had unfeasibly large breasts could be that heavy without carrying a fair amount of excess fat.

Whoa, wait, what?

I'm 6', 33" waist, and nowhere near "muscular"...and am at 178ish. I could very easily see a relatively fit woman at 6' with more hips than I have looking great at 200.

I suspect you and I have very different worldviews.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I love that girl! She's quite the sweet quick witted knowledgeable one.

Yeah, I find it entertaining that the girl that is body shaming and thinks people can't look good at higher weights complains about her thigh fat

My hubby is 6'2" and he was 200lbs in high school. He said he was chubby. 200lbs is on the "over weight" side of bmi for his height. Pretty sure it's better to have bmi within normal range. If you think pointing out the obvious is body shaming, then I have nothing to say.

Those "scales" are garbage. I realistically could never....ever get close to my "ideal" weight/BMI. I'd have to lose 60-70 lbs.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I can only assume that girl drinks lead. I'm 6'0" and 165lbs and still have a lot to lose, and I'm male. My last girlfriend was 6'0" and 154lbs and looked amazing. Unless they're actually bodybuilding I cannot begin to imagine how any female who wasn't an actual giant or at the very least had unfeasibly large breasts could be that heavy without carrying a fair amount of excess fat.

Honest, you're probably not carrying around a lot of muscle mass then. I'm 5'7" 215, 34" waist.

^^ This was my first thought. My husband is 6'1" and weighs 185. He has a 32" waist.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I don't think that pointing out that injecting steroids is unhealthy is the same thing as body shaming. It's pointing out that it's unhealthy.

I also don't think that pointing out that eating 500 calories a day is body shaming. It's pointing out that it's unhealthy.

Also, pointing out that smoking and eating 5000 calories a day worth of Burger King is also unhealthy? Same thing - not body shaming.

I think I know now the thing that has irked me so much about certain posters in this thread in regards to body shaming. Many woman don't feel good about themselves already, even if they are at a normal weight and are eating healthy. I feel very lucky to not be one of them - I don't focus on my flaws and only on what I've achieved.

However, even though I don't subscribe to focusing on my own flaws (and I do have them), others are now doing it for me.

That is body shaming.

100% agreed. If I looked "muscular" I would feel a bit insulted - especially if I've worked hard to get that way.

Idk how many times I have to repeat myself, I wasn't talking about toned women. They are hot. I was only talking about women who inject themselves to bulk up like man.

OMG

STILL BODY SHAMING!

how do you not get this - seriously?

It's not ok because it's people who used roid - it's NEVER ok.
  • hrtchoco
    Options

Seriously, you need to step away from the keyboard.

There are a number of women who get to their goal weight and (GASP) turn around and start bulking. So, no, not "every girl wants to be thinner, even the really thin girls."

Women can't bulk up like men even if they try. We don't have the hormone for it. A girl purely doing weight training just gonna look toned and sexy.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    CoderGal, that is quite freaky. Now I know why people set it so that their previous posts don't show up for everyone to see. Time passes, people change, and some people do consider JM workouts to be strength training. I think they go too fast for that and consider it cardio but whatever, people can lift heavier faster than me then.
    OP, I['m sorry that people are picking on you so much. Your doctor says you are healthy so who cares what MFP thinks.

It's so freaky that when you say things in one post people dare to remember those things and expect you to be accountable to that crap you say at a later date. Clearly each post is a self contained world and what you say in one should never be referencreferenced again. Shame on you Coder. Shame.

OP is mad someone dared to tell her what she really thought and that she's subject to the same body judgement she dishes out. Whaa whaa, tell us more about how no one looks good with excess fat.

The OP has not judged anyone's body.

She stated that she thought fat didn't look good on her or other people. She didn't go on people's responses and say wow your second chin looks awful or you need to work on that pudge fatty.

She actually shared an opinion. People then choose to make very specific, very personal and very negative comments about her. It's the Internet so I expect peope to act like jerks, but they are still responsible for being jerks.

So the op is not the person that stated on another thread that anyone at 5'6 who was over 130lbs was fat?

Because she was.

Karma does like to bite us in the *kitten*.

BTW op - JM is NOT heavy lifting, please stop saying you lift heavy, you don't. :noway:

homer-bush.gif

Wow. I was going to stay out of this one until I saw this. Did the OP really say that 5'6, 130lbs is fat? That's insane. And it makes me kind of sad. I'm 5'5, 138lbs and I wouldn't consider myself fat. In fact, I'd bet a lot of girls at my box are probably in the same range. This is the EXACT reason why the scale is not the best indicator of fitness and health. Throwing out an arbitrary number like that is not only rude, but it's completely misguided and a very clear window into how the OP really feels about bodies and weight. Ugh.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Honest, you're probably not carrying around a lot of muscle mass then. I'm 5'7" 215, 34" waist.

I'd have to agree. I'm 5'10" 192 <32" waist.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Yeah, I find it entertaining that the girl that is body shaming and thinks people can't look good at higher weights complains about her thigh fat

My hubby is 6'2" and he was 200lbs in high school. He said he was chubby. 200lbs is on the "over weight" side of bmi for his height. Pretty sure it's better to have bmi within normal range. If you think pointing out the obvious is body shaming, then I have nothing to say.

That's probably for the best.

FYI lots and lots of athletic people are in the overweight BMI as it does not take into account muscle mass and was devised to measure a large number of people - not really individuals.

Yeah. BMI is like the scale - unreliable. You should be going off body fat %.
  • hrtchoco
    Options
    OMG

STILL BODY SHAMING!

how do you not get this - seriously?

It's not ok because it's people who used roid - it's NEVER ok.

Fine, I don't get how I said toned women are sexy, women who inject themselves to bulk up is not sexy is body shaming.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

The fact that you are a 6'0 male and think you have a lot to lose speaks volumes.
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    Women...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Those "scales" are garbage. I realistically could never....ever get close to my "ideal" weight/BMI. I'd have to lose 60-70 lbs.

I'm 150 pounds with a (as of 30 seconds ago) 27.5 inch waist. I am, bmi wise, over weight. My goal is on the line of normal an overweight libertarians I won't be aiming any lower. I think I look fine. I've certainly never been referred to as fat or unhealthy.

Maybe that bmi scale ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Edit cause screw rounding.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

That is body shaming.

Wow. You so don't get this. If someone injects themselves to "bulk up like a man" as you put it...it still doesn't make it okay to shame their body. If you don't agree with them getting that way unhealthily, fine. But saying they don't look good because they are very muscular is a NO. If it isn't your PREFERENCE or what you are AIMING FOR....kudos to you. But implying they aren't or can't be attractive, sexy, feminine, etc isn't okay.
  • hrtchoco
    Options

Guys have the natural hormone to build a lot more muscle than girls.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    OMG! This post has gotten out of hand..... I can't stop reading it though! :laugh: No one is listening to each other and everyone (including the OP) just wants everyone to agree with them. If you know deep down that you are healthy (no matter if it's 100lbs or 200lbs) and you know that you are being healthy then who cares what anyone else thinks is beautiful. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE has a different opinion and loves to share it. It may not be polite but it's the world we live in and if you invite someone to weigh in on your life, they will! Find your own inner strength not just your outer one.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Women...

Lol shuttup bri..this isn't bb.com
  • hrtchoco
    Options

That is body shaming.

Wow. You so don't get this. If someone injects themselves to "bulk up like a man" as you put it...it still doesn't make it okay to shame their body. If you don't agree with them getting that way unhealthily, fine. But saying they don't look good because they are very muscular is a NO. If it isn't your PREFERENCE or what you are AIMING FOR....kudos to you. But implying they aren't attractive isn't okay.

It's the same as saying someone who is 5'4 and 300lbs doesn't look good...is that body shaming?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Whoa, wait, what?

I'm 6', 33" waist, and nowhere near "muscular"...and am at 178ish. I could very easily see a relatively fit woman at 6' with more hips than I have looking great at 200.

I suspect you and I have very different worldviews.

Also, boobs. Never forget the boobs.
This discussion has been closed.