Minor rant

Options

Replies

• FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the replies, but when I read the original post, it immediately reminded me of a friend who has recently lost about 40 pounds. She was probably around 170 tops and never seemed to be overweight to me. She is about 5'8" and a young 60 years old. She always wanted to be thin (her college weight). Well, I can say that she accomplished her goal of being thin, and she is very proud of her weight loss. When I saw the picture of her in the swimsuit, my first thought was that she looked better with more weight. However, I would never say it to her because I'm happy if she's happy. But that thin look isn't my goal. I want to look fit with muscle definition, even if it means being more on the thick side.

As long as you are happy with how you look and feel, to hell with what other people say. Apparently, work chick didn't have any home training! Feed her with a long-handled spoon and keep it moving!
  • Angdie
    Angdie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I completely get this- I tell family that I'm losing weight and they just look at me... stumped. They tell me I look "fine" and others just sit there and say nothing. I have to look inward for encouragement sometimes as I think people look inward when they're self conscious of their own eating habits. They don't congratulate, encourage, support- just become mute. What is up with that!??? So, I lean to people on myfitnesspal for all the guidance, encouragement and support that I need to keep going.

I know how I feel heavy.... MISERABLE. Yanking on my shirt so it doesn't expose a roll for the world to see. I laugh hard and can feel a jiggle- it's awful! I wouldn't EVER wear a swimsuit, would never let my husband see me nude, wouldn't wear pretty outfits because they didn't look as nice on a heavy person. So I jumped. I leaped in to a way of feeling better, of eating better, of FEELING better & it worked.

Sometimes you just have to know for yourself that you're doing the best for yourself. And phooey to all the others that sabotage, or ignore your success!!!
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sure I am body shaming on women who inject themselves. I think it's stupid and unattractive(unless you are completing, then I have respect for that).

You have respect for cheating in competitions?

I think they all take testosterone. I could be wrong, what do I know.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

What you ARE saying and what you MEAN to say are two totally different things. I suggest taking a break from the forums...like, forever.

I clarified myself later. Sorry you misunderstood me. I also don't appreciate the personal attack.

Personal attacks? What? Seriously?

First you say no woman could look good at 200 pounds, which is proven false by Jules who is so hot she makes straight women drool. You then flat out say all women want to be thinner. You also say muscular women are unattractive, then try to backtrack to only 'manly' women and ones that use roids...

But people are personally attacking You?

What is this, I can't even.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

What do you mean no difference? Yes. If you start shaming on someone's body...whether it is a muscular woman, a woman who uses steroids, or someone that it is overweight/obese....IT IS STILL BODY SHAMING! Seriously, this can't be that hard.

Sorry I didn't think people would be so sensitive. Tbh, I have never called anyone fat in my life. I thought I was just pointing out the obvious that too bulky or too much weight do not look good.

My mom told me I was getting chubby and need to lose some weight when I gained my freshman 15, I said, darn it, you are right. I didn't say, you are body shaming mom! How could you!
    Wow you're really missing something. For example, by saying that people who are a certain weight don't look good, or people who are muscular don't look good, you are saying this person, and other people that others think are hot, doesn't look good:
    c0104f4b-1964-4f9c-9b4d-3bda9dfba5ef_zps4421090b.jpg
    IMGP3680-1.jpg
    IMGP5649_zpsb910c918.jpg

You made a statement when it was an opinion as if it were true in everyone elses mind (you didn't say it was a very rare opinion). And your opinion is completely wrong. That's not...you being right. That's not someone telling you something and you having to accept it. Nobody is going to accept what you said because unlike your case, nobody has to admit to anything, because you're wrong, and insulting beautiful people along the way. And if you do think the above person doesn't look good, just because your mind is sick doesn't give you the right to go around shaming everyone who are nearly underweight like us :)
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I want to catch up on this thread at some point, but don't have time right now

<insertpopcorngif>
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Awesome blog post - not really anything to do with the issue at hand - nice try to get us away from..........

Your body shaming.

sigh

edit: lol last to the party again :laugh:

Sure I am body shaming on women who inject themselves. I think it's stupid and unattractive(unless you are completing, then I have respect for that).

I really don't care anymore at this point.

Ah ok - so if they are doing it to look the way they want to look then it's disgusting and you're ok body shaming them

but

if they are doing it for a competition then it's ok and you respect them.

makes total sense. :noway:
  • hrtchoco
    Options

What you ARE saying and what you MEAN to say are two totally different things. I suggest taking a break from the forums...like, forever.

I clarified myself later. Sorry you misunderstood me. I also don't appreciate the personal attack.

Personal attack? Where?

The take a break from forums forever part. That's mean and I'm hurt. Honest, all I said was I don't think women who bulk up like men are attractive. Is that really a crime?
  • ChiManLifts
    Options

Awesome blog post - not really anything to do with the issue at hand - nice try to get us away from..........

Your body shaming.

sigh

Hate to interject here, but neither of you need to be worrying about muscles.

Women who inject themselves still have to work incredibly hard to achieve what they do. As a lifter, I know the sheer effort it takes for women bodybuilders to look the way they do.

Also, being on the tour I know women (in and out of the industry) that achieved the "manly" physique you're shaming without steroids. There is no reason to shame women for doing something that requires extreme effort and dedication, especially if you can't deduce beyond the shadow of a doubt if they are in fact, on steroids.

You are wrong.
  • hrtchoco
    Options

What do you mean no difference? Yes. If you start shaming on someone's body...whether it is a muscular woman, a woman who uses steroids, or someone that it is overweight/obese....IT IS STILL BODY SHAMING! Seriously, this can't be that hard.

Sorry I didn't think people would be so sensitive. Tbh, I have never called anyone fat in my life. I thought I was just pointing out the obvious that too bulky or too much weight do not look good.

My mom told me I was getting chubby and need to lose some weight when I gained my freshman 15, I said, darn it, you are right. I didn't say, you are body shaming mom! How could you!
    Wow you're really missing something. For example, by saying that people who are a certain weight don't look good, or people who are muscular don't look good, you are saying this person, and other people that others think are hot, doesn't look good:
    c0104f4b-1964-4f9c-9b4d-3bda9dfba5ef_zps4421090b.jpg
    IMGP3680-1.jpg
    IMGP5649_zpsb910c918.jpg

You made a statement when it was an opinion as if it were true in everyone elses mind (you didn't say it was a very rare opinion). And your opinion is completely wrong. That's not...you being right. That's not someone telling you something and you having to accept it. Nobody is going to accept what you said because unlike your case, nobody has to admit to anything, because you're wrong, and insulting beautiful people along the way. And if you do think the above person doesn't look good, just because your mind is sick doesn't give you the right to go around shaming everyone who are nearly underweight like us :)

Well I do think she looks good...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I completely get this- I tell family that I'm losing weight and they just look at me... stumped. They tell me I look "fine" and others just sit there and say nothing. I have to look inward for encouragement sometimes as I think people look inward when they're self conscious of their own eating habits. They don't congratulate, encourage, support- just become mute. What is up with that!??? So, I lean to people on myfitnesspal for all the guidance, encouragement and support that I need to keep going.

I know how I feel heavy.... MISERABLE. Yanking on my shirt so it doesn't expose a roll for the world to see. I laugh hard and can feel a jiggle- it's awful! I wouldn't EVER wear a swimsuit, would never let my husband see me nude, wouldn't wear pretty outfits because they didn't look as nice on a heavy person. So I jumped. I leaped in to a way of feeling better, of eating better, of FEELING better & it worked.

Sometimes you just have to know for yourself that you're doing the best for yourself. And phooey to all the others that sabotage, or ignore your success!!!

This doesn't speak of deeply rooted psychological issues, probably unrelated to weight, at all.
  • hrtchoco
    Options

Your body shaming.

sigh

Women who inject themselves still have to work incredibly hard to achieve what they do. As a lifter, I know the sheer effort it takes for women bodybuilders to look the way they do.

Also, being on the tour I know women (in and out of the industry) that achieved the "manly" physique you're shaming without steroids. There is no reason to shame women for doing something that requires extreme effort and dedication, especially if you can't deduce beyond the shadow of a doubt if they are in fact, on steroids.

This is wrong.

I think women who work hard to tone up and build muscle are sexy...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Personal attack? Where?

The take a break from forums forever part. That's mean and I'm hurt. Honest, all I said was I don't think women who bulk up like men are attractive. Is that really a crime?

You are perpetuating nonsense and need to stop. It is not mean to tell you to stop.

But if you insist on staying in the forums and talking how you are, you had better develop some thicker skin, because you will get eaten alive.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Personal attack? Where?

That is NOT what you said several times over at first. You said heavy people looked bad along with various other people looking bad. And when you said bulky people look bad, you said it as a statement not you think those people are not attractive. But lucky for them, because they don't have to sleep with you, so I'm not sure why you mentioned it lol.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I like the ignore user button.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Your body shaming.

sigh

This is wrong.

But I want to worry about muscles - I want them (naturally mind) :drinker:

Totally agree with you - hence my continued efforts to make her realise it is not ok to body shame anyone :flowerforyou:
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Has she herself ever had an issue with her weight? Perhaps she is a tad jealous of how far you've come & how great you look. Perhaps she feels insecure because of all the work you did to get where you are, & she can't claim the same for herself. I do agree that she crossed the line by asking others to join her critique after you informed her you did not like sharing your old photos. That was not her right. It would've been a different story if you ran around, shoving your phone in people's faces like "Lookit me!"

Don't allow her self conciousness derail or belittle your success. You've done great & you're the one who has to live with you, if you get what I mean. As long as you are happy, phooey on her!
  • ChiManLifts
    Options

Your body shaming.

sigh

This is wrong.

I think women who work hard to tone up and build muscle are sexy...

All women-I repeat-ALL women who tone up and build muscle have worked hard, regardless of injections and cycling. That is the part that you clearly don't understand.

So if you think women who work hard to build muscle are sexy, you are including all women who are muscular, no matter how manly they may be.

The amount of ignorance on these threads astound me. I'm new and I'm already scared away, lulz.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Skipped to the end of this thread and wondering what's happened so far?
    Let me explain. No, wait, there is no time... Let me sum up.
    tumblr_lwp4vmPMZm1r2nm0qo1_500.jpg
  • hrtchoco
    Options

Personal attack? Where?

You are perpetuating nonsense and need to stop. It is not mean to tell you to stop.

But if you insist on staying in the forums and talking how you are, you had better develop some thicker skin, because you will get eaten alive.

I thinks this looks good
    fit-woman.jpg

Body builder women don't look good. Sorry, I don't think it's nonsense.
This discussion has been closed.