Are you over it?

Options

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    I post selfies when I'm having a good hair day, which is sometimes rare when you have naturally curly hair and it calls for photo documentation.
    And hell yes sometimes I need to be validated. You think people in real life at work or on the street are going to blow smoke up my *kitten* and tell me my eyeliner is on point?

But I don't live and die by the opinion of internet friends' opinion of me. I do me for me.

YES!! Were you always this way though? Was there ever a point when mfp WAS the live and die by kind of thing?

Nah. I mean at first the attention was confusing and overwhelming, but it was easy to see most of that wasn't genuine. I don't generally do well with much attention though so that was something new for me.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    As someone who is very overweight, when people notice I've lost weight, I like it when they say something. I have medical issues that make losing weight hard, so when people notice the work I've put into losing weight, it makes me feel accomplished. Do I constantly post selfies because I want people to give me all this attention? No, never been that person, never will be that person. I don't even post in the selfie thread here. Never go in it anymore. When I want to see stories where people lost weight or did some major toning , I'll go to a different part of the forums.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I'm needy AF and it comes and goes.

I know that feeling and usually with me only 2 things help. Compliments or chocolate lol Preferably both.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I don’t consider myself needy. In fact I have to watch myself because I’m very critical of people that scream for attention and I know it’s not fair of me to judge. Everyone has their own reasons for doing stuff and I can definitely be more sensitive. On very rare occasion, I’ll post in the selfie thread because I’m extremely critical of myself. I pick on my every single flaw and rip myself apart on a daily. I rather hide behind the scenes and not draw attention to myself.
  • BabyJane771
    BabyJane771 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »

I know that feeling and usually with me only 2 things help. Compliments or chocolate lol Preferably both.

Yeah, well I'm all out of chocolate, so tell me I'm pretty.

I have chocolate and am willing to share ;)
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »

Yeah, well I'm all out of chocolate, so tell me I'm pretty.

Dude you are hunk!!!