Are you over it?

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Wasn't the internet invented as a competition for attention?

1ao2iekhsqjv.gif
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    It started posting in the selfie thread about 2 months after I became active on the forums. I would look at everyone's selfies, but I felt very self conscious about posting my own. When I did, I was surprised by the outpouring of compliments. Sure, not all of them were genuine, but the combination of that and losing weight really helped me find confidence in myself.

I appreciate everyone who made an effort to say say something nice even out of politeness. Some days the validation helps cheer me up. Other times, I want to show off my handsome boyfriend or the progress that my body is making. I feel more comfortable posting selfies here than I do on Facebook. I don't want people in real life to think I'm vain.

I confess, I'm guilty of judging the daily selfie posters. (Don't lie,you know you are too.)

I was so scared the first selfies I posted. And I was sad because nobody commented on them, but they did blow up all the comments on the dogs (puppy) that posted after me. So, I used the selfie as kind of a therapy...I was terrified to do it but I was bound and determined to do it anyways to prove to myself that nobody notices me, nobody cares about me, and that you know what...it doesn't matter. So I did. I kept posting. Then people commented and complimented, some genuine, some polite, some not so polite. And you know what? I survived. I was a-ok. That helped me gain confidence in myself just the way I was. When I lost more weight and felt better I had even more confidence and probably posted too many. But, I wanted people to see that you could actually feel good about yourself, even if you have terrible self perception like I do. Now I'm fat and feel ugly like bull testicles. So selfies are rare, unless I have a good day. Doesn't mean I need you to lie to me and say "you're stunning!" I post them more to say, hey I'm still here. I'm ok. Its not so bad. But, thats just me.
    Ur funny

but guys will compliment anything....I have found.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    As someone who has never had a shred of confidence in himself of how he looks, it was embarassingly easier than it should have been to fall under the MFP validation spell. I could count on one hand, the times in my life I had received a compliment in real life, so to come here and receive them often was exciting to say the least. However, with time I saw it for what it really was... smoke. Nothing more. I still put up the occasional selfie if I'm feeling a rare moment of confidence, but the outcome of that has much less bearing on how my day ends. Of course, it is always nice to read a pleasant comment on how someone appreciates your appearance, but it's not something I crave anymore.

Okay, I don't hand out compliments often. But that pic of you in the selfie thread where you were fully bearded and needed to go outside to take a break from a crying baby...your eyes looked incredible in that photo. The appearance of poignancy and sensitivity conveyed by your expression, along with the structural, physical beauty of your eyes was stunning. 10 out of 10.

That's an incredibly kind thing to say. It's been a *kitten* day, so I'm going to take it as genuine. Thank you.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    It started posting in the selfie thread about 2 months after I became active on the forums. I would look at everyone's selfies, but I felt very self conscious about posting my own. When I did, I was surprised by the outpouring of compliments. Sure, not all of them were genuine, but the combination of that and losing weight really helped me find confidence in myself.

I appreciate everyone who made an effort to say say something nice even out of politeness. Some days the validation helps cheer me up. Other times, I want to show off my handsome boyfriend or the progress that my body is making. I feel more comfortable posting selfies here than I do on Facebook. I don't want people in real life to think I'm vain.

I confess, I'm guilty of judging the daily selfie posters. (Don't lie,you know you are too.)

I was so scared the first selfies I posted. And I was sad because nobody commented on them, but they did blow up all the comments on the dogs (puppy) that posted after me. So, I used the selfie as kind of a therapy...I was terrified to do it but I was bound and determined to do it anyways to prove to myself that nobody notices me, nobody cares about me, and that you know what...it doesn't matter. So I did. I kept posting. Then people commented and complimented, some genuine, some polite, some not so polite. And you know what? I survived. I was a-ok. That helped me gain confidence in myself just the way I was. When I lost more weight and felt better I had even more confidence and probably posted too many. But, I wanted people to see that you could actually feel good about yourself, even if you have terrible self perception like I do. Now I'm fat and feel ugly like bull testicles. So selfies are rare, unless I have a good day. Doesn't mean I need you to lie to me and say "you're stunning!" I post them more to say, hey I'm still here. I'm ok. Its not so bad. But, thats just me.
    Ur funny

:P deleting cause don't need the drama today
  • MrSith
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

Ur funny

are you stalking me?

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options

Ur funny

are you stalking me?

tenor.gif
  • MrSith
    Options

Ur funny

are you stalking me?

tenor.gif

=)
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    im less of an arsehole when im online
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    misnomer1 wrote: »
    im less of an arsehole when im online

You're doing it the wrong way round :D

my dad still insists to my mom that i didnt get enough smacking as a kid to set me right. it is what it is haha.