Are you over it?

Options

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

When I was posting selfies I did it because it was silly filter selfie day, or my makeup looked damn good. I didn't get near as many comments as others though. Do I need validation? No. But that thread shows me there are obvious favorites around here and I just ain't one of them. That won't stop me from making comments up in the *kitten* though. I may stay behind my phone but imma speak my mind. I give compliments when due, not to fluff egos.

I'm not sure if you mean that I'm one of the favorites or if you were talking about the orginal topic in general.I honestly don't know what to say. I know you get upset when people don't respond back, but please know that 90% of the time my silence is out of lack of words, not rudeness. I don't like talking for the sake of talking.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I think that selfies on MFP are a different animal than selfies on general social media. When I have a FB friend post a picture of himself/herself seatbelted into their vehicle and essentially alone doing nothing interesting, I don't know what message that is sending. It seems like a cry for help, because they aren't actually doing anything but begging for attention / validation through likes. MFP selfies seem to actually serve a purpose in a lot of cases, serving to document fitness goals achieved and provide motivation for others.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    All this fake vs. genuine compliment thing is very irritating. I've seen people here lose their *kitten* *kitten* because someone said "pretty" instead of "beautiful" or "handsome" instead of "hot".

It's a compliment. It's like a gift, chosen by the gift giver to hopefully make you happy. But constantly analyzing whether it's genuine or not just makes me not want to compliment anyone.

I won't say the right thing, or word it the right way, and even if I manage to you won't believe me. So many times I only compliment my friends now because strangers seem to get upset by compliments.

A compliment is like a gift. I love that! Well said. So you think the phrase....Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....should perhaps be remembered a bit more around here, then?

I have seen people get angry about the stuff you mentioned. Saying handsome and not "hot" especially. That was hard to wrap my brain around .

Completely. Some people will think one person is stunning while I'm thinking ehhh...they're okay and vice versa. But I agree that a compliment should not be analyzed for authenticity. Accept it gracefully and move the eff on.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

When I was posting selfies I did it because it was silly filter selfie day, or my makeup looked damn good. I didn't get near as many comments as others though. Do I need validation? No. But that thread shows me there are obvious favorites around here and I just ain't one of them. That won't stop me from making comments up in the *kitten* though. I may stay behind my phone but imma speak my mind. I give compliments when due, not to fluff egos.

I'm not sure if you mean that I'm one of the favorites or if you were talking about the orginal topic in general.I honestly don't know what to say. I know you get upset when people don't respond back, but please know that 90% of the time my silence is out of lack of words, not rudeness. I don't like talking for the sake of talking.

It was for the original topic. You mentioned something and I just ran with my thoughts on it, not saying you were a favorite. I got nothing but luv for ya :heart: . I don't get upset when people don't respond. It's hurtful when people make it flat out obvious that they look right over what I say because I'm not a member of the favorites club. I still keep on saying what I want, when I want to. I've just changed what I comment and post on.
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

It was for the original topic. You mentioned something and I just ran with my thoughts on it, not saying you were a favorite. I got nothing but luv for ya :heart: . I don't get upset when people don't respond. It's hurtful when people make it flat out obvious that they look right over what I say because I'm not a member of the favorites club. I still keep on saying what I want, when I want to. I've just changed what I comment and post on.

I keep seeing you say this, yet people respond to you all the time. Not sure what's happening.

You must be seeing the very few times it happens. And the singles thread doesn't count. Lol
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

I keep seeing you say this, yet people respond to you all the time. Not sure what's happening.

You must be seeing the very few times it happens. And the singles thread doesn't count. Lol

I can't go in there or my phone will self destruct :(

I guess that's a good thing?
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options

brings out old memories?

No because im married so I'm not allowed in there. (Sometimes a sneak a peek though) ;)

brings out old memories?

No because im married so I'm not allowed in there. (Sometimes a sneak a peek though) ;)

well crap im doing it wrong then lol!
    but youre missing some winking and stuff

Every time I go in that thread, there are angelic voices that tell me "welcome home." :lol:
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    That Singles thread moves quicker than the selfie thread and that says a lot!
  • browneyedgirl749
    Options
    Just_J_Now wrote: »
    That Singles thread moves quicker than the selfie thread and that says a lot!

Some days yes, weekends no. Lol!