Big OverFeed Ruins Everything? Nope.

Options

Replies

• bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    @Maxematics Sounds like a fabulously fun weekend! And an amazingly fast recovery! It'll take me longer to recover though :(
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Just came back from a vacation where I ate a bit more than usual, but was also busy all day exploring and hiking, and didn't really have a lot of time for relaxing on the loo. Plus 3 flights in = lots of water weight gain. 1 short flight, another two nights elsewhere and again 2 flights home. A plus of about 3kg on the scale. Yeah, right. Flying water weight usually sticks quite long with me. But I've just been going to the loo 2-3x per day at the moment, and I'm 'down' 2.4kg.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Those to-be-expected from time to time northerly bumps in the morning BW scale readings are a fact of life in our journeys. For me, they were real motivators to double down my efforts and resolve to continue my journey. Now that I'm solidly in maintenance, they don't nerve me the way they did earlier but I still prefer to have small daily fluctuations now that I"m in maintenance. Do get a big kick out of the scale after a long run knowing that it's an artificial result. Have taken a photo of my lowest low just for kicks. I weigh daily, that's my personality and doing so helped me get my job done.

Don't know what's considered a cheat day. Do you consider it one where you go over a certain amount of calories? If so, I've had overage days but they typically are the result of a previous day's deficit, generally a running day where I'm unable to eat back my exercise calories. Don't think I've ended a week with a surplus though so daily deficits and shortages are no big deal. Never had back-to-back surpluses or diet breaks in my current journey of slightly over 8 months. Haven't yearned for them because I'm well-fed within my budget.
  • bjdavidson964
    Options
    @margaret_anne Looking for my 'big girl panties' too ... LOL! So far 2 lbs of the 5.5 lbs gained over Mother's Day weekend have come off. Working out like a fiend (2 workouts per day) and eating 1200 calories per day. Not eating back exercise calories, so actually netting 850 calories or so daily (just until I get back to where I was). I feel like my body is hanging on to those extra calories for dear life!
  • bjdavidson964
    Options
    @AnnPT77 Thank you for the words of wisdom! I'm trying not to let my frustration lead me into going about this recklessly. In the grand scheme of things, it has only thrown me off by 1 week so I suppose I really should lighten up. Now off to BodyPump and Zumba ... LOL! But I will eat a big dinner instead of the protein shake that I had planned on!