Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    That would be interesting if Fitbit took some of the averages of RMR uptick from studies, and when a device is registered to a woman, offer option to input some dates and attempt a little more accuracy.

I was thinking the exact same thing. My brain would (ridiculously) cope better with Fitbit doing it automatically than me doing a manual overrun. But maybe I just need to get used to the idea and see for myself from my data that it's fine to do that.

Rashiness seems to have settled back down. Slightly itchy thighs, but nothing horrendous. Probably just a result of dropping to hydrocortisone on them. This is the fun bit of eczema management, gauging when to decrease topical steroid strength. It's really just trial and error. So, put uber strength on earlier, and will go back to second in command from tonight. I do have one between that and the wimpy hydrocortisone, but it smells like wet cut grass. I may suck it up try that next though.

Hunger is also back to normal today. This is good, because I've done no deliberate exercise today. Belly is sore and puffy, so I guess PMS bloat is setting in, which means all bets are off for knowing what weight is doing for the next 4-5 days. I will just assume my extra couple of hundred cals a day is holding things steady until I know otherwise.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    Options
    @heybales I just noticed in both the Android and Web Fitbit app that there is now an option to enter a maximum heart rate. I wonder if changing it might affect activity calories!

I'm sure someone in this thread knows if there in easy way (other than manually looking through the phone app for maximum recorded heart rates and/or running uphill till you collapse) to guess one's actual maximum heart rate?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Oh look at that, purple one is easy peasy!!

Second clue for the grey and red, the dark red print is a very famous two word Doctor Who quote. I now own three Doctor Who dresses, fyi. And a skirt.

I will admit that I've never watched Doctor Who, so have absolutely no idea.... The dresses look good on you though @Nony_Mouse, and the bag is cute!

(I've never watched any Star Wars or Lord of the Rings either)

You really, really should watch Doctor Who. And Star Wars (also have a Star Wars dress from the same shop, same style as these two). Lord of the Rings, read the books, much, much better. Unless you want to see the forest I could see from my bedroom window in basically inner city Wellington (and have walked in many times), which appears early on in the first film, so you don't have to suffer too much.

@GottaBurnEmAll will guess the Doctor Who print straight off. Bet ya.

I can't see the dress well enough, but it looks like Weeping Angels, so I'd have to guess "The Angels have the phone box".

You look darling.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Second clue for the grey and red, the dark red print is a very famous two word Doctor Who quote. I now own three Doctor Who dresses, fyi. And a skirt.

I will admit that I've never watched Doctor Who, so have absolutely no idea.... The dresses look good on you though @Nony_Mouse, and the bag is cute!

You really, really should watch Doctor Who. And Star Wars (also have a Star Wars dress from the same shop, same style as these two). Lord of the Rings, read the books, much, much better. Unless you want to see the forest I could see from my bedroom window in basically inner city Wellington (and have walked in many times), which appears early on in the first film, so you don't have to suffer too much.

I can't see the dress well enough, but it looks like Weeping Angels, so I'd have to guess "The Angels have the phone box".

You look darling.

She said two words, so “don’t blink” would be my guess.

ETA: My kitten is named River. ;)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I know one is Nightmare Before Christmas but haven't the faintest on Dr Who, never watched it!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options

You look darling.

Ah, I missed the two word clue. You're likely right. I was barely awake when I was reading this the first go 'round.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    There was some epic Twitter kittenry yesterday with lchf fanatics amidst a showdown between Tim Noakes and Alan Aragon.

It all started because the BJSM has been taken over by zealots who apparently think the amount of followers you have is meaningful data.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    There's yet another BS article in the Fail about OHEMGEEEZ keto is fat burning that's why the Karcrapians do it!!
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    There's yet another BS article in the Fail about OHEMGEEEZ keto is fat burning that's why the Karcrapians do it!!

I saw that too - along with the 'being vegan cured my cancer'. No wonder we have some of the daft posts on these boards that we have if people are being fed that crud and believing it. I despair.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Oh god the vegan article. Talk about irresponsible journalism but then the Fail are hardly known for their ethical or journalistic standards.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    anubis609 wrote: »

You look darling.

Ah, I missed the two word clue. You're likely right. I was barely awake when I was reading this the first go 'round.

Yep, Weeping Angels, don't blink. They don't have either dress on their website yet, must be new arrivals, I'll take a better pic of the prints later :)

OMG guyz, I ate 200 cals over the last three days and gained half a kilo!!! Should I cut back to 1200 and eat no carbs???

Jks, good morning, pms bloat.

See, the problem is that by acknowledging CICO and the scale, you've somehow put yourself in the position of ill health. Obviously, when you're keto all energy balance theory goes out the window. You just focus on keeping insulin as low as possible and you'll magically lose all t3h fatz and gain power via ketones and cure cancer and end the beetus and obesity, because bacon and butter together fried in coconut oil with a shot of heavy cream and MCT and beef tallow drizzled with almond flour is just the best.

The zealotry needs to gtfo lol. I've graduated to twitter debating lchf/banting fanatics just to do something with my fingers. I'm also running on 3.5 hours of sleep because I procrastinate with passion when writing academic papers.

Apparently I can cure my auto-immune disorder by cutting out grains and added sugar.

Guess which two things are basically non-existent in my diet.

Oh, wait, I had gelato in my shake last night, so have broken the no added sugar streak that wasn't actually deliberate.
  • VintageFeline
    Options

You look darling.

Yep, Weeping Angels, don't blink. They don't have either dress on their website yet, must be new arrivals, I'll take a better pic of the prints later :)

OMG guyz, I ate 200 cals over the last three days and gained half a kilo!!! Should I cut back to 1200 and eat no carbs???

See, the problem is that by acknowledging CICO and the scale, you've somehow put yourself in the position of ill health. Obviously, when you're keto all energy balance theory goes out the window. You just focus on keeping insulin as low as possible and you'll magically lose all t3h fatz and gain power via ketones and cure cancer and end the beetus and obesity, because bacon and butter together fried in coconut oil with a shot of heavy cream and MCT and beef tallow drizzled with almond flour is just the best.

The zealotry needs to gtfo lol. I've graduated to twitter debating lchf/banting fanatics just to do something with my fingers. I'm also running on 3.5 hours of sleep because I procrastinate with passion when writing academic papers.

Apparently I can cure my auto-immune disorder by cutting out grains and added sugar.

Oh, wait, I had gelato in my shake last night, so have broken the no added sugar streak that wasn't actually deliberate.

Never fear, I am eating enough sugar to cover us both currently. Had chocolate orange for breakfast. Because Christmas. And anti-oxidants........
  • Nony_Mouse
    edited December 2017
    Options

You look darling.

Never fear, I am eating enough sugar to cover us both currently. Had chocolate orange for breakfast. Because Christmas. And anti-oxidants........

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the pretty much daily chocolate. But cacao. It's a health food. So are truffle balls now, just re-label them as energy balls and voila.

God I love Terry's chocolate oranges. The Whittaker's orange dark choc I have is pretty much the same (though I should do a side by side, for science), but lacking the appearance of an orange. Which automatically turns it into fruit, therefore that sugar is just fine.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Right, to market I shall go, to see what berries I can buy today to taunt Anubis with :tongue:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @heybales I just noticed in both the Android and Web Fitbit app that there is now an option to enter a maximum heart rate. I wonder if changing it might affect activity calories!

I'm sure someone in this thread knows if there in easy way (other than manually looking through the phone app for maximum recorded heart rates and/or running uphill till you collapse) to guess one's actual maximum heart rate?

I recall ones mentioning that too.

I was curious if it would actually effect the calorie burn, as in used in calculations, or merely to have the default set HR zones tweaked.

Merely need someone to set low - do a workout at set HR.
    Set it high - do exact some workout HR.
    Compare.

As to setting it - there are several sub-maximal efforts that can give a clue through calculations.
    If you remember a short hard workout and really pushed it at the end, HRmax probably 5-10 higher.
    If long workout and pushed it hard, probably more like 15-20 higher.
    HRmax tests are normally fast ramping because you can't keep up the pace as it goes higher for long periods of time.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/466973

• VintageFeline
    Options

You look darling.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the pretty much daily chocolate. But cacao. It's a health food. So are truffle balls now, just re-label them as energy balls and voila.

God I love Terry's chocolate oranges. The Whittaker's orange dark choc I have is pretty much the same (though I should do a side by side, for science), but lacking the appearance of an orange. Which automatically turns it into fruit, therefore that sugar is just fine.

Except Terry's is milk and your dark. Both good in their own ways.