Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @heybales I just noticed in both the Android and Web Fitbit app that there is now an option to enter a maximum heart rate. I wonder if changing it might affect activity calories!

I'm sure someone in this thread knows if there in easy way (other than manually looking through the phone app for maximum recorded heart rates and/or running uphill till you collapse) to guess one's actual maximum heart rate?

I recall ones mentioning that too.

I was curious if it would actually effect the calorie burn, as in used in calculations, or merely to have the default set HR zones tweaked.

Merely need someone to set low - do a workout at set HR.
    Set it high - do exact some workout HR.
    Compare.

As to setting it - there are several sub-maximal efforts that can give a clue through calculations.
    If you remember a short hard workout and really pushed it at the end, HRmax probably 5-10 higher.
    If long workout and pushed it hard, probably more like 15-20 higher.
    HRmax tests are normally fast ramping because you can't keep up the pace as it goes higher for long periods of time.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/466973

Garmin has always, or at least for the nearly 3 years I've been using their products, had heart rate as one of the entries. I am pleased to note I guesstimated mine in a sensible fashion!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    anubis609 wrote: »
    Oh look at that, purple one is easy peasy!!

Second clue for the grey and red, the dark red print is a very famous two word Doctor Who quote. I now own three Doctor Who dresses, fyi. And a skirt.

I will admit that I've never watched Doctor Who, so have absolutely no idea.... The dresses look good on you though @Nony_Mouse, and the bag is cute!

(I've never watched any Star Wars or Lord of the Rings either)

You really, really should watch Doctor Who. And Star Wars (also have a Star Wars dress from the same shop, same style as these two). Lord of the Rings, read the books, much, much better. Unless you want to see the forest I could see from my bedroom window in basically inner city Wellington (and have walked in many times), which appears early on in the first film, so you don't have to suffer too much.

@GottaBurnEmAll will guess the Doctor Who print straight off. Bet ya.

I can't see the dress well enough, but it looks like Weeping Angels, so I'd have to guess "The Angels have the phone box".

You look darling.

She said two words, so “don’t blink” would be my guess.

ETA: My kitten is named River. ;)

Ah, I missed the two word clue. You're likely right. I was barely awake when I was reading this the first go 'round.

Yep, Weeping Angels, don't blink. They don't have either dress on their website yet, must be new arrivals, I'll take a better pic of the prints later :)

OMG guyz, I ate 200 cals over the last three days and gained half a kilo!!! Should I cut back to 1200 and eat no carbs???

Jks, good morning, pms bloat.

See, the problem is that by acknowledging CICO and the scale, you've somehow put yourself in the position of ill health. Obviously, when you're keto all energy balance theory goes out the window. You just focus on keeping insulin as low as possible and you'll magically lose all t3h fatz and gain power via ketones and cure cancer and end the beetus and obesity, because bacon and butter together fried in coconut oil with a shot of heavy cream and MCT and beef tallow drizzled with almond flour is just the best.

The zealotry needs to gtfo lol. I've graduated to twitter debating lchf/banting fanatics just to do something with my fingers. I'm also running on 3.5 hours of sleep because I procrastinate with passion when writing academic papers.

Apparently I can cure my auto-immune disorder by cutting out grains and added sugar.

Guess which two things are basically non-existent in my diet.

Oh, wait, I had gelato in my shake last night, so have broken the no added sugar streak that wasn't actually deliberate.

Never fear, I am eating enough sugar to cover us both currently. Had chocolate orange for breakfast. Because Christmas. And anti-oxidants........

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the pretty much daily chocolate. But cacao. It's a health food. So are truffle balls now, just re-label them as energy balls and voila.

God I love Terry's chocolate oranges. The Whittaker's orange dark choc I have is pretty much the same (though I should do a side by side, for science), but lacking the appearance of an orange. Which automatically turns it into fruit, therefore that sugar is just fine.

Except Terry's is milk and your dark. Both good in their own ways.

Hmmm, I thought you could get a dark as well. Milk chocolate is not health food. Gawd, how do you expect to get anywhere?? :D
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries. These were the only berries on offer (which is normal). Cherries (which are obviously not a berry) were acquired yesterday. I also got a corn cob. I do not remember the last time I had corn on the cob. May even drag out the bbq for that!

Speaking of Christmas must haves, two of the things I always make on Christmas Day are taboulleh and potato salad. Taboulleh made the usual way is obviously an issue because of the bulgar wheat, though I could sub quinoa. Both of these salads have tomatoes in them though, which are on my 'do not eat' list (though I did have a punnet of cherry tomatoes a couple of months ago as a trial and didn't have any apparent issues). Then there is pavlova. I'm pretty sure it's actually required by law in NZ to have pavlova on Christmas Day. Egg whites. I also did an egg trial a couple of months back without apparent issue.

So naturally I am debating whether I want to take the risk of having these things :\
  • dancefit2015
    dancefit2015 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @Nony_Mouse love the dresses, especially the Doctor Who one! I want to go re-watch some favorite episodes now! I haven't thought about that show in a while.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Oh look at that, purple one is easy peasy!!

Second clue for the grey and red, the dark red print is a very famous two word Doctor Who quote. I now own three Doctor Who dresses, fyi. And a skirt.

I will admit that I've never watched Doctor Who, so have absolutely no idea.... The dresses look good on you though @Nony_Mouse, and the bag is cute!

(I've never watched any Star Wars or Lord of the Rings either)

You really, really should watch Doctor Who. And Star Wars (also have a Star Wars dress from the same shop, same style as these two). Lord of the Rings, read the books, much, much better. Unless you want to see the forest I could see from my bedroom window in basically inner city Wellington (and have walked in many times), which appears early on in the first film, so you don't have to suffer too much.

@GottaBurnEmAll will guess the Doctor Who print straight off. Bet ya.

I can't see the dress well enough, but it looks like Weeping Angels, so I'd have to guess "The Angels have the phone box".

You look darling.

She said two words, so “don’t blink” would be my guess.

ETA: My kitten is named River. ;)

Ah, I missed the two word clue. You're likely right. I was barely awake when I was reading this the first go 'round.

Yep, Weeping Angels, don't blink. They don't have either dress on their website yet, must be new arrivals, I'll take a better pic of the prints later :)

OMG guyz, I ate 200 cals over the last three days and gained half a kilo!!! Should I cut back to 1200 and eat no carbs???

Jks, good morning, pms bloat.

See, the problem is that by acknowledging CICO and the scale, you've somehow put yourself in the position of ill health. Obviously, when you're keto all energy balance theory goes out the window. You just focus on keeping insulin as low as possible and you'll magically lose all t3h fatz and gain power via ketones and cure cancer and end the beetus and obesity, because bacon and butter together fried in coconut oil with a shot of heavy cream and MCT and beef tallow drizzled with almond flour is just the best.

The zealotry needs to gtfo lol. I've graduated to twitter debating lchf/banting fanatics just to do something with my fingers. I'm also running on 3.5 hours of sleep because I procrastinate with passion when writing academic papers.

Apparently I can cure my auto-immune disorder by cutting out grains and added sugar.

Guess which two things are basically non-existent in my diet.

Oh, wait, I had gelato in my shake last night, so have broken the no added sugar streak that wasn't actually deliberate.

Never fear, I am eating enough sugar to cover us both currently. Had chocolate orange for breakfast. Because Christmas. And anti-oxidants........

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the pretty much daily chocolate. But cacao. It's a health food. So are truffle balls now, just re-label them as energy balls and voila.

God I love Terry's chocolate oranges. The Whittaker's orange dark choc I have is pretty much the same (though I should do a side by side, for science), but lacking the appearance of an orange. Which automatically turns it into fruit, therefore that sugar is just fine.

Except Terry's is milk and your dark. Both good in their own ways.

Hmmm, I thought you could get a dark as well. Milk chocolate is not health food. Gawd, how do you expect to get anywhere?? :D

Ah you're right, there's a dark version too. Though I'm not terribly convinced it's going to be health food quality dark.........
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries. These were the only berries on offer (which is normal). Cherries (which are obviously not a berry) were acquired yesterday. I also got a corn cob. I do not remember the last time I had corn on the cob. May even drag out the bbq for that!

Speaking of Christmas must haves, two of the things I always make on Christmas Day are taboulleh and potato salad. Taboulleh made the usual way is obviously an issue because of the bulgar wheat, though I could sub quinoa. Both of these salads have tomatoes in them though, which are on my 'do not eat' list (though I did have a punnet of cherry tomatoes a couple of months ago as a trial and didn't have any apparent issues). Then there is pavlova. I'm pretty sure it's actually required by law in NZ to have pavlova on Christmas Day. Egg whites. I also did an egg trial a couple of months back without apparent issue.

So naturally I am debating whether I want to take the risk of having these things :\

Do you know, I didn't have pavlova. Actually, it would be more accurate to say I don't remember having pavlova because my memory is fooked so I might have done and not know.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    @Nony_Mouse love the dresses, especially the Doctor Who one! I want to go re-watch some favorite episodes now! I haven't thought about that show in a while.

I also have this one: http://www.planetretro.co.nz/store/p203/Doctor_Who_"Exploding_Tardis"_-_Audrey_Dress.html

And this print in the same style as the Nightmare before Christmas dress: http://www.planetretro.co.nz/store/p202/Doctor_Who_"Across_Time_&_Space"_Tardis_-_Audrey_Dress.html
  • Nony_Mouse
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hearing about all this delicious fruit in the middle of a Minnesota winter is making my eyes water! Although at least clementines are back in season, which are a big favorite of mine.

25289614_10155986324025908_7472022942215448057_n.jpg?oh=1c74ad442e09a061fbe46e154eff0b6d&oe=5AD4DAC6

Do you know, I didn't have pavlova. Actually, it would be more accurate to say I don't remember having pavlova because my memory is fooked so I might have done and not know.

You need to come back then.
  • dancefit2015
    dancefit2015 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

I also have this one: http://www.planetretro.co.nz/store/p203/Doctor_Who_"Exploding_Tardis"_-_Audrey_Dress.html

And this print in the same style as the Nightmare before Christmas dress: http://www.planetretro.co.nz/store/p202/Doctor_Who_"Across_Time_&_Space"_Tardis_-_Audrey_Dress.html

So cute! I love love the exploding tardis dress! I need to find one.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

These are made for this store, but they will probably ship internationally. Their sizing is hella flattering too, cos vintage patterns. I'm as XS. My Exploding Tardis one is really roomy, though is meant to be worn as a looser fit I think.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Don't push the food triggers so close to a flare is what I'm thinking. You could try the taboulleh with roasted red peppers subbed for the tomatoes. I've also made it with buckwheat since I fail at cooking quinoa.

As for the pavlova? Eh, I get the tradition, but just eat the cream and fruit and save yourself the misery.
  • Nony_Mouse
    edited December 2017
    Options

Don't push the food triggers so close to a flare is what I'm thinking. You could try the taboulleh with roasted red peppers subbed for the tomatoes. I've also made it with buckwheat since I fail at cooking quinoa.

As for the pavlova? Eh, I get the tradition, but just eat the cream and fruit and save yourself the misery.

*sigh* :( I know you are right...

Found a close up of the Weeping Angel fabric: http://www.planetretro.co.nz/store/p292/PR_Originals_-_Pre-Orders_Dresses_Autumn_2017_#1.html - you need to click on the second box.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I guess I could make protein cheesecake and pretend it's pavlova...
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

Hearing about all this delicious fruit in the middle of a Minnesota winter is making my eyes water! Although at least clementines are back in season, which are a big favorite of mine.

25289614_10155986324025908_7472022942215448057_n.jpg?oh=1c74ad442e09a061fbe46e154eff0b6d&oe=5AD4DAC6

You need to come back then.

de12b1hz8bhc.jpg

Jandals (which I hate with a firey passion).
  • VintageFeline
    Options

These are made for this store, but they will probably ship internationally. Their sizing is hella flattering too, cos vintage patterns. I'm as XS. My Exploding Tardis one is really roomy, though is meant to be worn as a looser fit I think.

Vintage sizing would be a lot smaller than modern. I collect (and use) vintage patterns. UK to vintage is two sizes difference (and so alarmingly 4 sizes with US). If you're anything above a 28" waist you're probably going to be grading patterns that are vintage.

Also, I concur on the jandals, anything with a toe post, what are those people's feet made of that they don't destroy them!?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

Vintage sizing would be a lot smaller than modern. I collect (and use) vintage patterns. UK to vintage is two sizes difference (and so alarmingly 4 sizes with US). If you're anything above a 28" waist you're probably going to be grading patterns that are vintage.

Also, I concur on the jandals, anything with a toe post, what are those people's feet made of that they don't destroy them!?

Yeah, see I thought that about the sizing too, but that's what they say. I think it's kind of dumb to have someone my size as the smallest size you cater for, but hey...like obviously I'm small, but I'm not extra small.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    There was some epic Twitter kittenry yesterday with lchf fanatics amidst a showdown between Tim Noakes and Alan Aragon.

It all started because the BJSM has been taken over by zealots who apparently think the amount of followers you have is meaningful data.

Ha, yes. I witnessed it in real time. Noakes quoted me in response to my tweet to someone else that brought up insulin out of nowhere when he was "disgusted" with Alan's reply to Tim. Then I ended up having a circular debate with Noakes because he's equating the concept of "high carb diets" to packaged/refined treats, where my argument is that his definition should be the forefront of context when he's using that term because I have yet to see the case where fruit and vegetable carbs alone caused insulin resistance if they were in a eucaloric or hypocaloric state.

ETA: This was also the root cause of my paper writing procrastination :tongue:

Oh, now I have to go back and read it in full.

Because my *favorite* LCHF strawman is high carb = packaged/refined treats