Options
    Got my blood test results and all that medical info today

in 152 days I've dropped 63lbs and:

BP 155/95 down to 125/80
    borderline diabetic to NON diabetic
    cholesterol 9.6 to 6.2
    Fatty liver to normal liver function
    Metabolic syndrome reversed

Eating 2000 calories a day, never been hungry, not binged or over eaten. Nor under eaten.

Recalculated TDEE at new weight and it's around 2700 if I do some exercise. Going to do Diet Break for two weeks. Don't mind if I put on a bit. Will crack on with the remaining 73lb to lose in January

Yay! Congratulations!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Wow, Nony, that is one HUGE back yard! The grape vines look amazing - do you get table grapes or wine grapes?
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Grocery torture aside, I didn't feel the need to overeat Sunday night - I had a small snack, a slightly larger dinner than usual, and my normal pre-bed snack. Unfortunately, my dinner consisted of two salami sandwiches, and I found out this morning that salami can go bad and I really should have paid attention to that little voice saying "hmm, this looks a little grey and smells a bit off" instead of the voice that said "it's preserved meat, no worries, I hate wasting food!" So I ended up inadvertently fasting until about a half-hour ago today as well, but I think I'm feeling better now. Woof.

Oh so sorry! I guess that's a pretty good example of the correct usage of the term "bad food" :o I'm glad you're feeling better.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Grocery torture aside, I didn't feel the need to overeat Sunday night - I had a small snack, a slightly larger dinner than usual, and my normal pre-bed snack. Unfortunately, my dinner consisted of two salami sandwiches, and I found out this morning that salami can go bad and I really should have paid attention to that little voice saying "hmm, this looks a little grey and smells a bit off" instead of the voice that said "it's preserved meat, no worries, I hate wasting food!" So I ended up inadvertently fasting until about a half-hour ago today as well, but I think I'm feeling better now. Woof.

Oh so sorry! I guess that's a pretty good example of the correct usage of the term "bad food" :o I'm glad you're feeling better.

Yeah, I hate it when people call food "garbage," but that salami was, in fact, garbage. It could have been worse - I've got a pretty strong constitution, and my job doesn't care if I don't show up until 2pm.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Wow, Nony, that is one HUGE back yard! The grape vines look amazing - do you get table grapes or wine grapes?

Haha, that's nowhere near all of it. I always say I have two backyards (well, almost three, really) - there's the native garden immediately out the back (where all the dying tree ferns are) and on the east side, then the orchard (separated by a wall garden, which is what I'm about to tackle to plant the spinach), then there's a funny little strip maybe 1.5m wide that should be a veggie garden but is currently grass. It needs a lot of work to create a garden. And the west side strip shown in the cat photo, which is where the clothes line is. And a small front lawn. It is a stupid amount of garden, but thankfully half dead from lack of water weeds pull out of dry ground quite easily!!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

BP 155/95 down to 125/80
    cholesterol 9.6 to 6.2

Eating 2000 calories a day, never been hungry, not binged or over eaten. Nor under eaten.

Recalculated TDEE at new weight and it's around 2700 if I do some exercise. Going to do Diet Break for two weeks. Don't mind if I put on a bit. Will crack on with the remaining 73lb to lose in January

Well done, good sir!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

BP 155/95 down to 125/80
    cholesterol 9.6 to 6.2

This is completely awesomesauce. All of those markers, aside from BP, are attributable to liver health restoration from fat loss. Well done!
  • dancefit2015
    dancefit2015 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks @anubis609 !
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I would pick the day I have no heart rate monitor to finally take to my garden, wouldn't I?
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    I would pick the day I have no heart rate monitor to finally take to my garden, wouldn't I?

Time to use the MFP database for gardening lol.. good luck
  • JoLightensUp
    JoLightensUp Posts: 140 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

BP 155/95 down to 125/80
    cholesterol 9.6 to 6.2

That's great Rick. It must be encouraging to see those results. Enjoy your diet break!

I was only a little overweight but I am amazed at how my blood pressure has responded to losing just 9kg (plus more exercise and less salt I suppose). Midway through this year, I was hovering in the high 130s over the high 80s, and now the last two readings have been great - the last one, a few days ago, was 109/71.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Soooo, calorie burn for that?? :D

Jks, maybe...
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Hmmmm, interesting. My Fitbit is still somehow managing to record heart rate data despite being in my pocket. No idea how accurate it is, but it was definitely recording a higher rate for the exact period of time I was lovingly tending to the pungas.

I've watered one garden, hoping that will perk up the fronds on the big tree beside the deck on the last photo, if not I may sacrifice those drooping ones and let her put her energy into new growth. Nature is supposed to provide some water tonight, so I will leave the rest until I see if that actually happens. Though really, it's not going to be enough. Then I need to do some weeding and lay the dead fronds to act as mulch/fake forest floor.