Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    My training partner is home from deployment, so starting tomorrow we are doing PHAT. This should be interesting. Hopefully, the volume isnt too crazy.

Oh and i destroyed calories today... had a Halloween party and i ate all the calories!!! So i am going to taper the first few days and not take a mental break on Wednesday.

I had to Google PHAT. First results I got were for some completely woo diet. I thought 'well that can't be right!'. :D
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    My training partner is home from deployment, so starting tomorrow we are doing PHAT. This should be interesting. Hopefully, the volume isnt too crazy.

Oh and i destroyed calories today... had a Halloween party and i ate all the calories!!! So i am going to taper the first few days and not take a mental break on Wednesday.

I had to Google PHAT. First results I got were for some completely woo diet. I thought 'well that can't be right!'. :D

Here you go.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

We're heading in to the last week of Ph3 phase one - with the exception of one day a week, we haven't found it completely mad in terms of volume. Some powerlifting focused friends told us we were stupid doing it, but we've since found out they started it but went all out on every exercise which isn't how the program is set up!

We've done PHAT a couple of years ago, but I can't remember how it compares...
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen entirely successful with my 5 days deficit 2 days refeed effort this week but it's because my food planning went a bit pear shaped and I got hungrier than necessary. I did eat all the things on Friday though and a reasonable amount yesterday so I may well have accidentally given myself the refeed effects. Not that the scale shows it but the scale never behaves for me. And I am coming in with a hair off my full wanted deficit so that's cool.

Will give it another go next week. It may be it just doesn't work for me adherence wise but will try with a proper macro split that works for me and not the too low in protein white knuckling I did this week.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Here you go.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

Yeah, adding 'training' to my search got me there :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Oh puuurrrty.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Love the photos!

Day two is not going according to plan since the horrid weather has precipitated a migraine. No run this morning.

I took a shot and just walked on my treadmill once the meds kicked in, but am overall taking it easy, so will not have a lot of calories to play with. I will, however, eat at maintenance and try to keep keep to the recommended macro mix.

I'm not terribly hungry, and it's almost three in the afternoon and I haven't eaten yet. I have butternut squash in the oven and today's intake will likely involve a boatload of that and cottage cheese. That's all that sounds appealing to me, tbh.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,894 Member
    Options
    very pretty!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Beautiful photos ... thank you :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pics Nony, the second one looks like a fairy land :smiley:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    First day of PHAT in the bag.. So far, I really like the structure... but well see after the hypertrophy days. Didn't lose too much weight from the bench and was comfortable pumping out 3x5 @ 175 (previous high was 205), so Ill bump up quickly.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I love this thread so much. What I'm getting from it is that working our plans utilizing this strategy is giving a lot of us a sense of control.

I know I feel that way.

I like reading about everyone's progress and what they're doing. I'm glad it's morphed into that kind of thread.

Me too, on both counts. I think that, hopefully, seeing this works for others will inspire people to try it for themselves.

Honestly, I read the more technical sounding thread a while ago and wasn't that moved by it. This thread feels more personal, and I hope it reaches people like the me I was a year ago, ready to do something silly to be done with dieting, or those who have been at it a long time and need to learn about this stuff.

I wish I had been able to read this thread a year ago.