Diet Sodas?

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'd actually think the dry wine is better if you're looking for a dinner beverage. It's got antioxidants and all the more well published health benefits of wine. Careful of over-indulgence, though. I know a few alcoholics whose wine with dinner habit just became a wine habit, and then a booze habit... etc.

I don't drink soda anymore, because of the effects some of the dyes and stuff have on the kidneys (I had a kidney stone), and heavy consumption of soda is bad for your kidneys, but that said. I never found it to impact my weight loss. It helped, often.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    You are right im relating the two. My other post was saying sugars, i include them together Sugars/Sweetners) shouldn't but i do. Neither one are probably at all related sugar, aspartame and my personal fat loss but because it happened its kept me continuing what i'm doing. Just an interesting read below:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892765/

How many people have you seen walking around with a double bacon cheeseburger and the largest french fry available...but it's all good because they're drinking a diet soda? I've seen lots...

I hear this all the time, and I know everyone rolls their eyes at me for doing this, but if my calorie limit just barely allows my most-favoritest Whataburger lunch every so often (and as it is, I'm sacrificing the mayo for cheese and skipping breakfast), no way am I going to waste any of those calories on full-sugar soda when the diet version still brings me joy (JOY, I tell you!), and I don't know why this particular meal-ordering phenomenon is so vexing to people.

If someone could come up with a zero-calorie bacon cheeseburger, I'd order that, too.

Right? If i was shopping for a TV and my budget was $600 so i bought the one that fit that budget but didn't have a feature would you scoff and say i should have got the $800 one and put the difference on credit?

Yup. I drink diet soda. It's what I'm used to. Why would i order a full sugar soda with my meal when it's not what i drink? I find this such a stupid strawman. Noone thinks the diet soda cancels out the meal.

A lot of people who aren't calorie aware do think that a diet soda justifies other choices...most people aren't calorie aware...think outside of MFP just a little and use your eye balls...

These studies that show weight gain or lack of weight loss and try to correlate that to the diet soda aren't taking into account that these people are consuming a crap ton of other stuff...my original response was to the study posted talking about diet soda and weight gain...it's because people do in fact think they're being good just because they're drinking a diet soda.
  • mtbusse73
    mtbusse73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'd actually think the dry wine is better if you're looking for a dinner beverage. It's got antioxidants and all the more well published health benefits of wine. Careful of over-indulgence, though. I know a few alcoholics whose wine with dinner habit just became a wine habit, and then a booze habit... etc.

I don't drink soda anymore, because of the effects some of the dyes and stuff have on the kidneys (I had a kidney stone), and heavy consumption of soda is bad for your kidneys, but that said. I never found it to impact my weight loss. It helped, often.

I like dry white wine....I do like to sip it.....not daily or weekly. If it was Zero calorie I'm CERTAIN I would be a Wine-O-Holic lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    If I was you I would just experiment. I personally gave them up no reason just to see what happens to my body and I literally just started loosing my love handles. No other change to my diet. This was the first time in my life they shrank. I don't know why this happened and i don't know if it will do the same for anyone else. To be honest if i didn't notice a difference I would also be drinking some coke zero right now. But I like have no love handles more then I like coke zero.
    Unless you actually TRACKED your calories and eating habits before and after, this is just anecdotal. Kinda like how ACV is going right now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Bad bad bad

I won't even touch a soda. I think the last time I had a soda was about 6 years ago.Diet soda and regular soda are both bad for you. Diet soda is just full of artificial sugar which is man-made and just chemicals and regular soda is just tons of high fructose corn syrup.Anyhoo,either way it's bad I won't drink it I only drink water I drink about a gallon and a half of water a day and unsweetened coffee and unsweetened tea.

So again, another person who didn't bother reading through the entire thread, where many of these points were addressed, with links to actual scientific studies that dispute your misguided beliefs?

People who are likely misinformed on artificial sweeteners just want to have their say. They just want to be heard even if they have no idea what they are talking about.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Who is old enough to remember of actually drank TAB??? The introduction of modern diet drinks was a God send!
    Raises hand.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    I have a question: could hydrogen peroxide in our drinking water affect the melanin in hair color? Meaning, is it a contributor to graying/whitening of hair along with age?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I have a question: could hydrogen peroxide in our drinking water affect the melanin in hair color? Meaning, is it a contributor to graying/whitening of hair along with age?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

So, me and my brothers drank too much water as a kid?

:)
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

So, me and my brothers drank too much water as a kid?

:)

Then my mom drank too much water when she was pregnant with me... (I was born with three white strands of hair due to lack of pigments) :tongue:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    "TaB? I can't give you a tab unless you order something!"

LOL...May need to be of a "mature" age to appreciate this never the less have had it a part of your pallet- Tab (TaB) was introduced by Coca-Cola in 1963. The soda was popular throughout the 1960s and 1970s, and several variations were made, including Tab Clear as well as caffeine-free versions.

It's a quotation from Back to the Future, I believe.

(A movie I am old enough to have seen for the first time in the theater.)
    Yep Back to the Future. I'm a geek like that. It's when Marty goes into the "soda fountain" place.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png