All Calories are not created equal!

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm confused by something. OP's been on MFP since 2010.

It's taken her ten months to lose 16 pounds eating "800" calories a day.

Yeah, those calories aren't created equal to the calories I'm eating alrighty.

But thee forgets it's not the amount of calories you eat that makes you fat ;)

Even then, let's go with the silly premise! If the nutritional quality of her "800" calories has her losing at that rate, I don't want any part of what she's recommending!

Bring on the potatoes!
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Every time I post calories for human meat I get at least 1 woo. It cracks me up. Not sure if someone thinks I eat people or if talking about this is some kind of a taboo, but it's amusing either way. :innocent:

they just think that your calories are off maybe. like, why is brain so calorie dense? and wouldn't an lean arm have less calories than one with some serious disco wings? also, are disco wings a thing? it doesn't sound right.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Somewhat off topic but someone else brought it up. Over-population and famine could be greatly addressed by making use of a handy infographic shared here..............

I believe your country's Mr. Swift modestly proposed that solution some time ago, but Ireland objected to it in rather forceful terms.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Some may be more healthy for your body but they are still a calorie and burn the same.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Next up, muscle weighs more than fat. :D:D

well, per cubic inch...
  • Johns_Dope_AF
    Johns_Dope_AF Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    yo how many calories in a human leg? and nutrition facts. I need it for.....reasons... :D

these are the people telling us calories arent all equal... :|
  • FatWithFatness
    FatWithFatness Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Next up, muscle weighs more than fat. :D:D

well, per cubic inch...

Divisive!