Such a thing as guy "friends"?

Options

Replies

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Sure. That doesn't mean that sex never crosses one of their minds, but certainly there are men with whom I've had great friendships. A man I went to law school with has been, off and on, one of my very best friends.

I used to have a close friendship with a lesbian, and THAT probably contained more awkwardness than any of my straight male friendships.
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    It can happen!

I have never dated one of my female friends. Every woman I have dated was a friend of a friend, an acquaintance from something social (bar, gym, pool, restaurant, etc.) or someone with mutual interests.

I had an experience similar to @erica_today where I kissed a female friend and there was nothing. That was 25 years ago & we are still very good friends.
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    You'd think that us wanting to get into your pants and being denied would just make us better quality friends. Like we try harder. :)

Nice logic. I need to reject before even asked so I have the best of friends lol

But make it a slightly ambiguous rejection, leaving only a shred of hope. Otherwise, I'm definitely not coming to give you a lift home from the bar at 2AM because your ride has a flat.

Lol good tip. In case I'm too rough on them, AAA has my back for a tow.
  • jcstevens86
    jcstevens86 Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Last time i was friends with a woman i became a baby father and now i hate her to this day cause she sucks as a mother!!!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Can girls just be friends with guys or do you all at some point just want in our pants?

Just curious, no offense meant.

No. I wanna get wit all my female friends. Yo.

• _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    I feel no attraction to 1s and 0s

*sigh* So much sadness.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I have guy friends that I know don't want me. And that's good.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Yes they can be friends*. Here's the catch though: if she wants sex, it'll happen. The man will not say no.

Any argument is feeble at best.

Hmm, and here it is I thought it was always the men's fault. So now it's the women begging and the men unable or unwilling to resist.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    hellvee wrote: »
    I feel no attraction to 1s and 0s

What are 1s and 0s??
  • Rottweiler17
    Rottweiler17 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You’re always going to have that 10%from either side some guys want nothing more then just friends and and some d by and some girls want nothing more then a guy to be just friends and others that don’t so it’s hard to make that call. Some guys have no idea how to just be friends. And some do so you have to learn to take the good with the bad. Don’t let your bad experiences stop you from trying to find guys friends